Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My original saber... the original saber

My original saber... the original saber 2 years 4 months ago #17562

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
So I've just recently joined here and purchased my first lightsaber through the kickstarter for ASP as well as a saberbelt through the etsy shop. While this will be my first SF, first stunt saber, it's technically not my first lightsaber. Circa 2001 I bought a replica graflex 3 cell and a kit to add on the additional pieces to make a replica of Luke's ANH saber. It has no light or blade capabilities but you always remember your first.

Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy

My original saber... the original saber 2 years 3 weeks ago #24348

• ZrenTobas87
  • Thank you received: 3
Very nice =] My first ever was an MR Anakin ROTS and still works to this day. Will never get rid of that one
Count red, Descendant MB, Epoch cyan, Adept green, Reborn DR, Archon BO, Exhalted DB, Justicar MB, Bane MKII red, Princess DB, Ares AB

My original saber... the original saber 2 years 3 weeks ago #24364

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Your fortunate to have a graflex as your first. Mine was a plastic hasbro TPM Obi Wan with one of those retractable blades. :lol:
I still have it of course but damn has it seen some better days.
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegasus

My original saber... the original saber 1 year 11 months ago #29019

• slenaas
  • Thank you received: 6
Dr. Anthropologist wrote:
Your fortunate to have a graflex as your first. Mine was a plastic hasbro TPM Obi Wan with one of those retractable blades. :lol:
I still have it of course but damn has it seen some better days.

mine where all destroyed over a decade ago.....
Blades:

1. Consular yellow

My original saber... the original saber 1 year 11 months ago #29182

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
My first two lightsabers were the Hasbro ones with retractable blades, as well. I got them in a box thing that made them look suspiciously like knock offs of the actual Hasbro toys looking back on it. The two of them were identical in hilt to Luke's ANH saber, but one was blue and one was red. That was enough to distinguish between Luke and Vader for my brother and I back then.

They made those things to last back then. Oh, we bashed 'em around like wild men, sure, but we also took pretty good care of them. Any damage they got was from an opposing blade.

Course, only having two sabers meant my dad couldn't join in our lightsaber fights. At least, that was the case until I got my tiny child hands on a Qui-Gon Jinn variant, which is my true first 'lightsaber'.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Eddlyss64.

My original saber... the original saber 1 year 11 months ago #29256

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 973
Hi all,

Having just received my Disciple on Christmas Eve, I have to remember where it all began, I wrote a post describing my first Lightsaber experience in the thread "Instead of complaints, how about some stories". From this first flashlight Lightsaber, I eventually got the same Obi-Wan saber Dr Anthropologist described then two more which I can share with you here.

Of course the Saber in the middle is my SF Disciple but the other two are (on the left) a Lucasfilm licensed (2001) Anakin Phantom Menace Interactive. This one still works and has Interactive lessons voiced by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, and even a security feature to activate it. The second one (on the right) is another Lucasfilm licensed Saber, this time a Luke Skywalker ROTJ, this one just lights up and has basic swing, clash and hum sounds.
They served me well but the chrome was peeling off them and were just getting old and needed replacing.

I hope these bring back memories for some of you,

For Tyeth
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • Can someone show me the difference between medium blue and deep blue? I cant decide and can only...
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6255
  • Latest Member: Michaellhew
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 31