Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Prodigal Son.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Prodigal Son 12w champion

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47149

• Jedi*Princess
  • Thank you received: 2
I ordered my Prodigal Son back in November and received my saber by the end of February, needless to say I was very excited due to the fact this was my first saber forge saber. As I opened the box I crossed my fingers hoping that it wasn't damaged and that it shipped with the correct thin neck blade. And thankfully it did. The only thing missing was the allen wrench which isn't a big deal. The saber itself was beautiful. One thing to note, when I first tried to pull the kill key out it was very snug so much so that I was questioning if it was the kill key and not some defect but after pulling it out a few time it has loosened up.
Pro:
The saber itself it superb with no rattling or loose parts as you swing the hilt around. The craftsmanship is really amazing and totally worth the $. The average diameter is 1.1/4 inch with the thin neck area being much smaller. Length is about 11.5 inches long and the red green arrows and etched screws in the control box adds perfect detail. my hands are small so the diameter felt perfect in the hand and not bulky at all. The sound font isa amazing I am happy that I got sound but probably wishing I got the hero edition for the spark color board just to be able to have the option to download other fonts.

Con:
The only con to the saber is that even when the blade is secured by the retention screw it does wobble a bit when you swing the saber and abruptly stop during dueling. Now this could be because I have a 37 inch blade in the thin neck which doesn't have much room for the saber in the emitter. Im not sure I would love to know what other have experienced and if the 32 inch blade remedies this. Again not a big deal just something to note.

Below are some pictures of the saber. This will not be my last saber from saber forge I definitely want a hero edition saber soon as I get enough $. I def recommend this particular saber and saber forge as a whole makes a superb lightsaber for anyone who is on the fence about ordering one def go for it.
Attachments:
  • ...504.JPG (114KB)
  • ...505.JPG (161KB)
  • ...508.JPG (87KB)
  • ...522.JPG (77KB)
  • ...523.JPG (71KB)
  • ...524.JPG (79KB)
  • ...525.JPG (72KB)
  • ...526.JPG (70KB)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaissance1459, ajeekenobi

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47237

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
An amazing review for an awesome saber. Congratulations with your purchase my friend :)!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47240

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Congrats on your pick up and joining the PS club :cheer:

I have a 32" blade in mine and know exactly the wobble you speak of. Try tightening down your retention screw a bit more. It can be turned in quite a bit before it completely pierces or cracks the blade. You'll eventually get a feel for how much you can crank it in to eliminate as much of the wobble as possible.

Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajeekenobi

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47241

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 827
Congrats Jedi*Princess!

I am so pleased that you have your new pride and joy, the Prodigal Son! From your review you have a gorgeous example.
That is exactly the same saber I dreamed of owning way back when Luke ignited it in ROTJ.

I hope it serves you long and well young Princess,

For Tyeth

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47243

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 300
Congratulations! :woohoo:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47244

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Jedi*Princess, Thank You for Reviewing your fine Saber, an iconic choice favoured by many. With your recent receipt I imagine you have created cheers of joy and excitement, echoed to yours, are there are many waiting for that very moment with holding this Hilt. The list is many, but you all know who you are. ;)

The open base of the blade will have equal thickness and be consistent regardless whether it's a 26/32/37. I suspect the 'wobbles' you describe may stem from a much longer blade length.
As thin necks have a shallow socket depth, partnered with a long blade, creates a top-heavy weight shift. Perhaps packing the emitter lip (edge to the blade) to ensure a tighter fit or look at the tightening of the retention set screw?
(being careful not to over tighten, adding stress the blade wall)

A nice array of pictures too, Well Done.

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47249

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
Beautiful saber!

This is coming from a fellow member of the Thin-Neck Appreciation Society! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47262

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Congrats on your 1st saber. I get excited everytime someone else reviews a Prodigal Son. It's always been my favorite lightsaber. Pics are great and thanks for the review! Glad to hear you had no rattling of the parts and/or LED as I've read in other reviews. Have fun igniting and swinging your saber around.
- Light em up

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47264

• harvey415
  • Thank you received: 12
Congratulation on this timeless piece of art.

Like the other said the surface contact of the blade connecting to the emitter is the same rather it is 32/37. I have the 37inch blade and there is no wobble when securely tightened. The only thing the longer blade might cause an issues with is the weight.

You might be referring to a wobble felt from the thin neck connecting to the grenade section. When i received my prodigal son i had an issues with that section wobbling with the blade on. See if you can counter-clockwise twist the section connecting the thin neck and grenade section. It shouldn't be easy to screw out. Also, wiggle that part and see if there is any play.

If it is then there are two option. One is apply thread lock yourself or send it in for repair which they will probably apply thread lock to that section to secure the thread better. I send my in and the turn around time is about one week. Make sure if you do send it in get a reply from customer service first and fill out the RMA form. Note there will be no status update or tracking. They will ship it out when they are done with the repair.

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47345

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Congrats on your Prodigal Son! Nice review....i too made the PS my first saberforge saber, in my opinion it's the best of them all! Enjoy!

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47349

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
The question now is will the chosen take its place. :blink:
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by SuUpberSith.

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47495

• Obi-Wan Soboti
  • Thank you received: 6
I honestly don't think it will. People will still be searching for the iconic hilt and bump in the extra for the detail.

Prodigal Son 12w champion 1 year 3 months ago #47786

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Congratulations on your PS purchase! Glad to hear you received it in relatively great condition...

I hope you'll be able to sort out the wiggling issue with the saber on...

Oh, and thanks for the pictures! Now I'm waiting for my own PS with greater anticipation and excitement! B)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5313
  • Latest Member: GruntBeard
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0