Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How do you get SaberTracks to work?

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 year 1 month ago #58083

• cookdiaz3
  • Thank you received: 1
How do you add new 'SaberTracks'? I've tried creating and using my own WAV. files. Nothing seems to work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 year 1 month ago #58156

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
When you try to play them, does the saber crash? If so you may need to convert them using Naigon's tool; they need to be mono with a very specific bitrate to work. I remember when I made some sounds on my saber it didn't work the first round and I needed to reconvert them to .WAV files and then use the tool again to get the proper settings right.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 year 1 month ago #58157

• cookdiaz3
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the pointers. No the saber didn't crash, I just get dead air instead of the music. I already created the files as WAV. files. I even tried making them smaller in case there was a size limit. I did not however consider the bit rate OR making sure it's mono. I'll have to spend some more time in my audio editor and check Naigon's site again.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 year 1 month ago #58160

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
If you start the Spark Color Config Editor (available at the right hand side of the Spark Color 2 webpage, http://www.saberigniter.com/sparkcolor2.aspx) the tool is a drop down from the File toolbar at the top of the window. Good luck, and let us know if it works!

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 month 1 week ago #75645

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
  • Many tentacles, the dark side has.
  • Thank you received: 64
Older thread but it seemed better to ask on here than to make a new one. I tried the converter and it crashes every time I try to use it. Does anyone know what the bitrate is on these so I can do it manually. Also, I am going to guess that there is no way to have the light come on while the track is playing? It would be nice if there was.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 month 1 week ago #75647

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 220
I did this once a few months ago, but cannot find the instructions that I thought I saved. I want to say it's 16 bit, 44100Hz, and mono. I ran the .mp3 files through an online .wav converter first, then used the one in the Config Editor to make doubly sure they were correct, and it worked fine. Haven't touched it since though.

For NEC SaberTracks, no you cannot have the music playing during normal saber operation. The audio player in the CF8 is the only one that allows that afaik.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by KelbornX.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 month 1 week ago #75650

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hi All,

If you talking about Saber Tracks on Spark Colour 2, I checked the Manual, and the Introduction (Section 2 Introduction) says the board plays back in

Quote: "22050Hz, 16bit crystal clear audio."

And further down the manual in Section 5.4 Changing Soundfonts, the last passage reads:

Quote: Once the files are copied, then either open the font in the config editor, or if the config editor was already opened to this font, simply switch back to the config editor, and it will auto-sync the font numbers from disk, and it will auto-convert them to 22050Hz, mono with appropriate headers!

From this I'm taking an educated guess the soundboard uses 22050hz, 16bit Mono .wav files.

EDIT: I have found an online calculator for Bitrate and file sizes which can be found here:
Online Bitrate and File Size Calculator

Or if you are doing things manually Frequency(hz) * Bit Depth * Channels = Bitrate
so 22050 * 16 * 1 = 325800 or 325.8 Kbps

Also don't forget that a compressed MP3 file cannot be converted back up to a higher bitrate .wav file.

Hope this helps, sorry I haven't read up on the CF8 yet

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by For Tyeth.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 month 1 week ago #75655

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
I have not had good luck with the "auto convert"

I use Audacity for don't editing and that includes sound bites and music.

How do you get SaberTracks to work? 1 month 1 week ago #75663

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
  • Many tentacles, the dark side has.
  • Thank you received: 64
That thing is still giving me grief. Converted the files to the right bitrate and to mono and loaded them to the saber. Changed the file names to track#. Now the two files that were working are not. I switch to saber tracks, try to start the saber, and silence.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1