Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led

Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led 11 months 3 weeks ago #70903

• stephen.morici
  • Thank you received: 2
So I had a question I have a saberforge Avenger and a ultrasabers V3 prophecy I want you remove the LED from the ultrasabers and replace it with a Saber Forge LED can I do a direct replacement without having to change any portion of the electronics period?
Psalm 144:1

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led 11 months 3 weeks ago #70906

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Yes and no, have to redo resistors... you just have to do your resistor calculations @ 7.4 volts instead of 3.7 for your led, or use a Buckpuck , otherwise they work fine.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Vechaljian.

Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led 11 months 3 weeks ago #70910

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 755
You'll want to replace the power setup. UltraSaber battery solutions aren't strong enough to get the most out of a Saberforge LED.

Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led 11 months 3 weeks ago #70912

• stephen.morici
  • Thank you received: 2
Okay from my understanding the LEDs in the saberforge are already resisted that's why I'm questioning whether or not I have to mess with the wiring at all aside from just replacing the LED. So if I simply just change the power source everything should be fine there should be no added resistor my soundboard can be fine? I'm really sorry for all the questions I just have no idea what I'm doing and I'm never done it.
Psalm 144:1

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Ultrasabers electronics with saberforge Led 11 months 3 weeks ago #70914

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
stephen.morici wrote:
Okay from my understanding the LEDs in the saberforge are already resisted that's why I'm questioning whether or not I have to mess with the wiring at all aside from just replacing the LED. So if I simply just change the power source everything should be fine there should be no added resistor my soundboard can be fine? I'm really sorry for all the questions I just have no idea what I'm doing and I'm never done it.
It can be done, I've done it , US uses x2 14500 li-ion batteries for 7.4 volts they factor @ 700ma, SO I can say if you redo your SF led's resistors Factoring the colors forward voltage using the 7.4 @1000ma it will light and work fine, the batteries might loose charge a tad faster than with US led module but cant say as I charge mine after use. I'm also not sure what the Obsidian sound card requires voltage wise, so if you change to a singe cell 3.7 hard to say if it will run.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • You can get the blade tube @ 40 inches uncut if your willing to make them yourself, need to also get...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...
    • Continuous Upgrade expens... (19 Posts)
    • If you go for an empty Elite hilt $150 plus ASP PNP Veteran $150 plus LED $40 plus AV switch $10...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 29