Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Newb builder - help need to add sound & electronic

Newb builder - help need to add sound & electronic 11 months 6 days ago #71705

• Jedi Weatherford
I am a newb customizer - this will be my first saber to customize.
I have been reading all kinds of threads from here and from the other guys forums but still not sure exactly what I need to purchase and if the parts I purchase from US will fit SF disciple hilt.
I am ordering a disciple hilt from SF and I am getting it as the Hilt only initiate no electronics. I want to add the Led sound etc from US to this hilt.

I would like to be able to have the ability to change to multiple colors with flash on clash etc. I of course want sound and I like the option of the obsidian V4. I am a beginner as far as soldering so I like the idea of the wires already attached to the sound board etc. and only having to do minimal soldering.
I would like to use the anti-vandal momentary switch from US but not for sure if it will fit In the disciple hilt.
I am not sure if I need to purchase the led module or the MLS unit from US or if I need it at all.
not sure if I need to purchase the buck puck either.

if someone has done this before with the disciple hilt can you help me out and if there is a post that I have missed with all these instructions can you point me in the right direction.
thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newb builder - help need to add sound & electronic 11 months 6 days ago #71706

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Well, first off, not everything plays nice with each other.

Color change with FOC as a first build is pretty ballsy, especially if you are talking trying to merge parts from different suppliers that aren't necessarily designed for eachother.

I would recommend a simpler build to start off. Just my $0.02
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Weatherford

Newb builder - help need to add sound & electronic 11 months 6 days ago #71707

• Jedi Weatherford
I had planned on getting all the parts as far as sound and electronics goes from US so those should work together nicely just whether or not they fit in the SF disciple hilt is one thing I was unsure of.

I am definitely up for the easiest cheapest way to get sound and led for the disciple hilt.

I don't want to change hilts because I love the way the disciple hilt looks.

thanks for your 2 cents all help is appreciated

Newb builder - help need to add sound & electronic 11 months 6 days ago #71709

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 755
I wouldn't waste time with the US electronics. Everything they have is available at The Custom Saber Shop for less.

Obsidian also lacks color changing.

Really, if you don't want to solder, just check out the Adaptive Saber Parts section of the SF site. They have a Hero pre-wired setup that will give you color changing and flash on clash, and it's all designed to work with SaberForgeLLC hilts. All you need to do is put all the plugs together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Weatherford
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • You can get the blade tube @ 40 inches uncut if your willing to make them yourself, need to also get...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...
    • Continuous Upgrade expens... (19 Posts)
    • If you go for an empty Elite hilt $150 plus ASP PNP Veteran $150 plus LED $40 plus AV switch $10...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 29