Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Resistance for LEDs

Resistance for LEDs 1 month 4 days ago #75846

• Morris
Hi everyone.

I've just bought myself some custom saber parts and I'm wondering about what resistance to use for my LEDs.

I specified one pink and one purple in my order, and I'd like to know what resistance to use with these LEDs. If possible, a wiring diagram would be a great help as well.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Resistance for LEDs 1 month 3 days ago #75848

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Dependent on the specs of the LEDs, Soundcard your using. Purple is usually a mix 2 DIEs 1x Red/1x blue, not sure how one makes pink red certainly but not sure what you'd mix, at any rate if using a NEC board you just need 1 OHM 2 WATT resistors on the RED and some amber DIEs, NEC boards don't need resistors for BLUE/GREEN/WHITE/ and PC AMBER. if using plecter such as a NBv3 or v4 i'd get the specs of the DIEs and the voltage of you battery and use this. http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz to figure out what each resistor you need for each die.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Vechaljian.

Resistance for LEDs 1 month 1 day ago #75892

• Morris
Thanks for the reply. Sorry; I should have specified that I am using Saber Forge DIY LEDs with the champion soundboard.

I did ask Sabre Forge about the LEDs I received, as they both look the same same. They confirmed the following: 'Pink and Purple both use the same diodes with different ohms so until you light these up and assemble them there's no way to tell from the face what color they are.'

The LEDs appear to be 2x red and 2x white.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1