Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Flash on Clash LED

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 3 days ago #75858

• ROUTLEY 117
If I were to add a 12w+ 4xRb LED onto a Spark Colour 2 Soundboard, would you still be able to have a flash on clash of say White since there are no other dyes in the LED by increasing their intensity? Or am I talking gibberish? Not even sure if it's possible to add a non RGBA LED to the Spark Colour 2 in the first place haha. Thanks guys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 3 days ago #75860

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
No to the white, if you make each DIE In the led a separate channel you could do a flash but only variations of RB.

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 3 days ago #75861

• ROUTLEY 117
How would I go about making them a different channel? If you don't mind

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 2 days ago #75864

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
The LED unit that SF uses is a X4 so basically it has 4 DIEs using a common positive and individual negatives, so you would need a separate wire running from each negative. if your using a HERO teir set up from SF then the soundcard is already pre wired to be 4 channel, SO basically each color is a channel. for example channel 1 is red, 2 royal blue, 3 green, 4 amber or some variant of that channel order, and then mixed in the settings of the board to produce different colors and flashes.
When I do builds, I order the LED from SF or LED supply, then solder it up myself.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Vechaljian.

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 2 days ago #75866

• ROUTLEY 117
Ahh I get it now haha! Do you know if it's possible to get a custom Hero Tier setup using the 4xRb LED instead of the RGBA they provide? That would make the electronics on my part so much easier to get it professional done :)

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 2 days ago #75872

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 220
I know you can request custom LEDs when buying the DIY LED star... not sure about the Hero Tier sabers. I would send an email to SF about it, you may need to go through the SF Customs Shop to get that done.

I'm personally not a fan of "full power" LEDs, I like my Flash on Clash. For Royal Blue, I would get an Arctic Blue LED (2x rB, 2x G). Then you can do a Royal Blue main blade with an Arctic FoC. Or, you could get a custom rBrBrBW. For your FoC color just drop the rBs down and let White take over. I have an Arctic Gladius, and while 4x rB would be a bit brighter... having FoC is just cooler. 6w rB is still a rich color.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by KelbornX.

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 2 days ago #75873

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
I once Asked for a custom LED module for my ASP Hero PNP with RGBW instead of RGBA and basically was told no. for me not a big deal since I could of made my own was just being lazy, so that being said I would imagine that would go for any color combo you'd ask for. If your not Interested in making your own LED, myself or another on these forums might be able help, I'm not sure what your trying to modify a stock hero hilt or a PNP hero kit but currently I'm out of the 5 pin connectors that SF uses for the hero ASP PNP kits, but have more on the way as I use them on most my builds in case I want to swap led modules.

Flash on Clash LED 1 month 2 days ago #75875

• ROUTLEY 117
I sent out for a custom quote a few days ago. This is basically the hilt I requested with a spring loaded crystal reveal chamber. On their customs Facebook page, they said it is possible to add the reveal module into ASP builds and demonstrated photos of it, so I was quite pleased about that. (see attached) I also inquired about custom LEDs, but on a Hero Tier Assembly which I believe is permenant, as I wasn't a huge fan of wanting to take a Saber apart afterwards, even if it was PNP haha. Having either a 2xRb 2xG or 3xRb 1xW would be awesome, not going to lie!

Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1