Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Recharge Port

Recharge Port 1 year 10 months ago #1030

• Davidogilvie
  • Thank you received: 15
I own a couple of US with recharge ports, with a 1.2A charger, but are not wired with a kill key. To date I've not found any other company which does this, and instead only offers recharge ports with a kill key. My main reasons for getting the US sabers without kill keys were mainly because they charge an extra $100 or so for the kill key, but also I thought it would be cool to have a lightsaber room light.

However, as no other company to my knowledge does this, it leaves me thinking there must be a reason why.. Does anybody know of problems that can arise from having ports wired without a kill key, so the saber can be on while charging? At the end of the day, is it not similar to how a laptop charges - lithium ion batteries in the laptop sitting there idly being topped up while the laptop, when plugged in, runs off mains power.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recharge Port 1 year 10 months ago #1043

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 219
The battery will be charged and discharged more if it does not have a kill key, shortening its life.

The boards idle mode draws enough power to deplete a cell in a few days, so unless you have a kill key preventing that, you will burn through the lions 1000 charge lifespan much faster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK, DarthMario95, Davidogilvie, FailedJedi

Recharge Port 1 year 10 months ago #1056

• Davidogilvie
  • Thank you received: 15
Ahh ok, thanks for the info - my main worry was that there would be a risk of the board melting or something from power going both ways..
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Raspberry Pi Zero Sound b... (4 Posts)
    • So, after some further research, Raspberry Pi Zero, gonna have to vote that one down. Not really a...
    • ESB Bespin Luke Skywalker... (27 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I may have to retake this shot with the saber off for the Legion, so that might be opportunity to...
    • Quote: I may have to retake this shot with the saber off for the Legion, so that might be opportunity to...
    • Quote: If you feel like taking more pictures, a shot in the same pose but with a lamp on the floor, behind...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4525
  • Latest Member: miltonmq11
  • Total Posts: 47.3k
  • Total Topics: 3480
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 44
  • Yesterday Answer: 45