Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Battery ??

Battery ?? 1 year 2 months ago #9562

• justbutch
So I think the battery is toast in my sinister prophesy. I plug it in, light turns red, 5 mins later it's green. I pull the plug and nothing. My question is this, what is the size of the battery that is in it? The board is a spark igniter.

I assmume it's a 18500 but then again ive never dealt with this before.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Battery ?? 1 year 2 months ago #9589

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
NCR18650B

Battery ?? 11 months 2 weeks ago #15652

• maxjive
  • Thank you received: 3
JustButch,

Was that the issue? I am having the same problem, charger turns red for 10 secs, or not at all. I have an older hero PS.

SaberForge Community,

As an aside, anyone have a tutorial for how to change the battery in a PS? I can't even see the battery, looking through the pommel, and I don't know where the threads or connection points are on th hilt or whether any of the internals (soundboard) are glue or affixed inside the hilt. I just want to be sure I'm not twisting or pulling in something that's not intended to come apart.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Battery ?? 11 months 2 weeks ago #15678

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
You can see the battey in the lower section here. This is a really new PS, and I believe the older ones weren't threaded components like this but I could be wrong.

Battery ?? 11 months 2 weeks ago #15679

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
In a champion saber, if it's still under warranty, send it to SF to get the battery swapped. Pulling it out can damage the wiring, as it's glued/soldered in. Unless you're comfortable voiding the warranty and doing your own self-repairs, in which case you can pull it out yourself. Same with a hero. For a warrior, just take the pommel off and pull out the battery case. But the warriors and champions use the same batteries.

Also, it may be your charger, not the battery... can you elaborate on any issues you're experiencing with the saber itself?

Battery ?? 11 months 2 weeks ago #15696

• maxjive
  • Thank you received: 3
Darth Floyd,

Thanks for the pic...not sure if mine's threaded like this. I really want to just pop my battery into an external charger that I have to test.

Knytiri,

You may be onto something...Shameem wrote me and thinks it's the charger, but waiting on some clarification.

Thanks!

Battery ?? 11 months 2 weeks ago #15713

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
maxjive wrote:
Darth Floyd,

Thanks for the pic...not sure if mine's threaded like this. I really want to just pop my battery into an external charger that I have to test.

Knytiri,

You may be onto something...Shameem wrote me and thinks it's the charger, but waiting on some clarification.

Thanks!

No problem,
That's about as brave as I get as far as taking my saber apart. If I ever run into any problems I would send it in. Hopefully the ASP system gives us that are less technically inclined a better understanding of how these are put together. Hopefully I will be brave enough play around with some plug and play parts with those.

Battery ?? 10 months 2 weeks ago #17967

• Darth Cadence
  • Thank you received: 1
based on the photo above, im guessing that the champion level sabers uses a single NCR18650 rechargeable battery? am i wrong?
wah mia si nin lao pei!

Battery ?? 10 months 2 weeks ago #17968

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Nope, you are right. :) They are, however, wired right up to the saber. There isn't a battery pack that you can pop them out of.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ares (3 Posts)
    • Not my cuppa and that emitter shroud would get bashed out of shape with dueling pretty quick. My...
    • Ares (3 Posts)
    • That handgrip looks great
    • Ares (3 Posts)
    • [attachment] ... [attachment] [attachment]
    • ASP Battery Removal Tip (4 Posts)
    • My solution is from the top: remove the emitter and unscrew the LED retention screw to loosen the...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (115 Posts)
    • [attachment]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4366
  • Latest Member: JulzH
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3147
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 11