Threaded Indented

TOPIC: VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 23 hours ago #89305

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1752
Behold!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64, Prowl, scifidude79

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 23 hours ago #89309

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 731
Sweet! Interesting to see this continues to be spring loaded, which I like. It's on pre-order right now so I guess I shall wait for the next Saberforge sale anyway. :lol:

Wish there is a new type of green mix, say Green + Green + Green + Amber to get something in between straight Green and Lime Green, which is what Luke's color is.
Saberforge lightsabers are cool :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEma1xhFlAneJcgIrT6nJtg

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 22 hours ago #89311

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
:woohoo: Wow that looks great, I definitely need to add a SF crystal reveal saber like this to my collection!
“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 22 hours ago #89312

• Sere Sudae
  • Thank you received: 5
And a good look at the new chassis too! Are there going to be versions with an internal recharge port available?

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 22 hours ago #89314

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Execute66 wrote:
It's on pre-order right now so I guess I shall wait for the next Saberforge sale anyway. :lol:
Made just for you... in 1-2 weeks reads to be available without pre-order on Etsy.. ;) idk about you but I'd like to see the weathered pics of it :woohoo:

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 21 hours ago #89315

• alongwargame
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
Nice! the new version is definately on my list, let`s see how much current versions of the prodigal son hits the second hand market :P
Check out my lightsaber review youtube channel:
youtube.com/rebelchumps

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 21 hours ago #89317

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 731
OvrcAHst wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
It's on pre-order right now so I guess I shall wait for the next Saberforge sale anyway. :lol:
Made just for you... in 1-2 weeks reads to be available without pre-order on Etsy.. ;) idk about you but I'd like to see the weathered pics of it :woohoo:

:lol: No weathering on this one, it's the Hero version and I like the chrome. Weathering = V2 , which I also like and wish Saberforge would convert the PS into weathered version, add in an extended lever, change the clamp & card, add a knurled knob at the pommel, maybe with a small mystery cube and done deal!

I have not shopped at SF Etsy for about a year now. Always been going through the main site, which I prefer. Wait times is no longer a concern for me, I am used to waiting far longer for other sabers by other makers/installers etc.
Saberforge lightsabers are cool :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEma1xhFlAneJcgIrT6nJtg
Last Edit: 3 days 21 hours ago by Execute66.

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 17 hours ago #89322

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 183
Awesome, but like OvrcAHst (damn man, you know how hard it is sometimes to write out your name :P ) said; I need to see this in a weathered version.
The nickel-plated version looks gorgeous, but unlike the Graflex or Dooku/Count, I really feel that Luke's ROTJ needs a bit of weathering - not much, but just enough to not make it sparkle as bright as this.

But damn, SF is hitting it out of the park lately with these OT hilts; luckily I have the MPP coming my way, but I'm definitely considering now putting this one and the Graflex on the top of my list once vacation pay and tax returns come in (but then there's the ASP wave 2 coming and oh my gawd, not enough moneys :woohoo:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 17 hours ago #89323

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 344
Seeing this makes me glad I didn’t already buy a Prodigal Son. Everything he highlighted in the video is an upgrade over the previous version, which was already awesome. As much as I like the Crystal version, I may go for the Elite when I order one. I think it’s great that both versions are getting the upgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 17 hours ago #89327

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Execute66 wrote:
:lol: No weathering on this one, it's the Hero version and I like the chrome. Weathering = V2 , which I also like and wish Saberforge would convert the PS into weathered version, add in an extended lever, change the clamp & card, add a knurled knob at the pommel, maybe with a small mystery cube and done deal!
:lol: I don't disagree with you on the prettiness of the chrome and whilst what you describe might make for an alternative to the V2 was more curious whether the V2 option will follow the buttonless, arrowless of the current version or weathering be added over the HeroV1 finish (kinda like how it's done with the ASP PS parts..
Wait times is no longer a concern for me, I am used to waiting far longer for other sabers by other makers/installers etc.
This happens but when you have the option to get something sooner, seems like you're saying you'd still prefer it later rather than sooner..

CrimsonJax88 wrote:
(damn man, you know how hard it is sometimes to write out your name :P )
:lol: :lol: so abbreviate it or edit the quote tab ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 16 hours ago #89330

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 532
Sere Sudae wrote:
And a good look at the new chassis too! Are there going to be versions with an internal recharge port available?

Probably not, since SF doesn't use internal recharge ports. If you want an internal RCP chassis for a SF hilt, just use GOTH3D 1.11" modules on Shapeways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sere Sudae

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 16 hours ago #89331

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 53
alongwargame wrote:
Nice! the new version is definately on my list, let`s see how much current versions of the prodigal son hits the second hand market :P

Ironic you say that, I’ve had one on the market now a bit over a month. sad thing is, i’ve seen at least one post from someone saying they just bought the non-crystal version for more than what i’m selling mine.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 13 hours ago #89336

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "There is no death, there is the Force...no one's ever really gone."
  • Thank you received: 288
Now that is incredibly tempting. Just...wow.

Very good to hear about the new chassis, as well. If they are indeed going to be sold for under $10 and are as durable as they've been stated to be here, then I think that this will certainly be groundbreaking for SF's electronic's durability and sustainability.

Xiphos, Eris, Oracle Shoto

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 6 hours ago #89358

• Sere Sudae
  • Thank you received: 5
KelbornX wrote:
Sere Sudae wrote:

Probably not, since SF doesn't use internal recharge ports. If you want an internal RCP chassis for a SF hilt, just use GOTH3D 1.11" modules on Shapeways.

That was the plan, but consolidating orders would be nice. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

VIDEO: Prodigal Son Reforged 3 days 30 minutes ago #89364

• Prowl
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Towel please.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• "DIY" Star Wars... (120 Posts)
    • So not really the thing I am looking for. And I already own a robe from a different online store...
    • SF experience (28 Posts)
    • Quote: People bitch just to bitch. they feel it some how vindicates their situation, all the while doing...
    • 3D printing parts (77 Posts)
    • Who wants one [image]
    • Saber will not connect to... (4 Posts)
    • You say the editor can't find it and it doesn't activate, does that mean there is zero response to...
    • 3D printing parts (77 Posts)
    • Here's the black one this is my least favorite I think because it doesn't glow at all...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6828
  • Latest Member: mccraige
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5794
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 56