Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: First ASP designs

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #35359

• Seraphyn303
  • Thank you received: 29
It'd be cool to have a thread where people can post the rendering alongside an image of the final saber for comparison.

Exciting!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #36987

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to the ASP builder. I'm pretty much just building a Prodigal Son build, but without the control box switch. I selected the fallen switch instead to make it more streamlined. What concerns me is the length of it. It says that the hilt is 1' 1.7". It's even longer if I use the actual Prodigal Son switch 1' 1.9". That's almost 14 inches. Could that be right? I believe Luke's thin neck was actually around 11 or 11.5 inches. How long is the actual prebuilt Prodigal Son hilt?

My second concern is that I read on Etsy that the Prodigal Son is not compatible with quick connects. Does this mean that it won't come with quick connects when I build it in the ASP?

Lastly, how do I save the picture of the sabers I create to post here. I usually just left click and go to save picture as. I probably sound like a real moron with this last question, but I still want to know

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

May the Forge be with you

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37009

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
First off, greetings. This is a pretty screwy time for the Forum what with all the spam, but the Force will guide you. Make sure to check out the Welcome to New Members thread as well as the FAQ. Those will answer a bunch of your questions. Now, for these questions. I can't answer the first one, but snooping around the other PS reviews might give you an answer. No, the PS is not available with quick-connects, and nor are any other thin neck. Cause of how the sabers are designed. So when you choose a final color, make sure you like it!

I'll get back to your final question in a sec, I have to check myself. Hang on!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37013

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
You can bring up a picture of your saber in its current camera perspective by hitting the 'Share' button on the bottom toolbar next to parts list. To copy the parts list, you go into 'Parts List' and hit either 'Copy' or 'Email'. That should bring up not only your parts list, but a URL link so others can see tour saber on Saberparts. It doesn't affect your original design.

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37017

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
drgolds wrote:
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to the ASP builder. I'm pretty much just building a Prodigal Son build, but without the control box switch. I selected the fallen switch instead to make it more streamlined. What concerns me is the length of it. It says that the hilt is 1' 1.7". It's even longer if I use the actual Prodigal Son switch 1' 1.9". That's almost 14 inches. Could that be right? I believe Luke's thin neck was actually around 11 or 11.5 inches. How long is the actual prebuilt Prodigal Son hilt?

My second concern is that I read on Etsy that the Prodigal Son is not compatible with quick connects. Does this mean that it won't come with quick connects when I build it in the ASP?

Lastly, how do I save the picture of the sabers I create to post here. I usually just left click and go to save picture as. I probably sound like a real moron with this last question, but I still want to know

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

May the Forge be with you
I can't speak to the length of the Prodigal Son, but if you get it with ASP your electronics kit will come with quick connects, as that's the whole point of it--plug and play. The reason they don't install them on prebuilt thin necks is that you'd have to take the saber apart to get to the LED (as opposed to sliding it out the emitter), but with ASP you get the parts unassembled anyway.

As for saving a photo of your saber from the builder, I just screenshot the page (CTRL+Shift+3 on a Mac, there's a command for it on Windows but it eludes my at the moment).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Eddlyss64

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37021

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Welp, proves how much I know about ASP. Wha, wha, whaaaaa...

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37040

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
Thank you both for your speedy replies. I really do hope it is capable of using quick connects. Now if anyone could just answer the hilt length issue. I'm really concerned with that one.

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37047

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hi drgolds,

Thank you Jaden Korr and Eddlyss64 for your help...

Regarding the screenshots if you are using a PC, then you should have MS Paint installed, if so this should work.

1) When you have created your design centre the saber in the middle of the window so you can see it the best.
2) Once in position, there should be a key on your keyboard with "Prt Sc" or "PRINT SCR" written on it near the function keys, press this key to save a copy of your screen to the clipboard of your computer.
3) Open MS Paint and select paste. This should paste the image from the builder into MS Paint.
4) Save this image as a .jpg file using the save as function in a folder where you know it is.
5) Type out your post as normal on the forum then when you want to insert a picture, you will see a section labelled Attachments under the message box. There is a button marked as "Add File", click this and a navigation window will open showing the files on your computer. Navigate to the folder where you saved the Screenshot of your Saber and select the file and click "Open".
The Attachment section will change and show two buttons, "Remove File" and "Insert", make sure the cursor is in the correct place in your message then with the mouse click "Insert" and a piece of text appears in your message with the File name of your picture.
6) Complete your message as normal, then click "Submit"

If the picture doesn't appear, the Screenshot might be too big for the forum to handle, in this case open the picture again in MS Paint and use "RESIZE" from the menu to make the image smaller, then resave the picture. Picture files under 170kb in file size work best.
You can either type a new post and insert your new smaller picture or if you know how to edit a previous post, use Edit Post to switch the file for the smaller picture.

I hope this helps and sorry it's a big post, If you need more help just post again and I'll try and help further,

For Tyeth

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37055

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi all,

Just a quick example to show the method works.

It's not perfect but if you can't access image sharing sites it does work.

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by For Tyeth.

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37068

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
My first post in the forum and I'm already getting amazing help. Something tells me I'm going to really enjoy it here. Thanks For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #37074

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
You're welcome drgolds,

And my I thank Jaden Korr and Eddlyss64 again who are very helpful members here!

I am sure we will cross paths again, now back to designing ASP Sabers!

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #38410

• drgolds
  • Premium Member
I think I figured out the issue why the saber I built in the ASP builder (similar to Prodigal Son) was so much longer than I thought it should be. I looked at the length of each part I was using and it says that the Jade pommel is 1.8" long. That must be a mistake. The Fallen switch I'm using say's that it's 1.8" as well. There's no way that the Jade pommel is as long as the switch. It sits almost flush with the Prodigal Son body. I looked at other small pommels and it says the Graflex is only 0.1" and the Prodigal Son is 0.3". The Jade Pommel is probably more like 0.3" like the Prodigal Son.

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #38851

• wilcoVW
  • Hiya
  • Thank you received: 18
Have some light blue! Not 100% convinced on it yet, but this is what i currently have in mind for this colour
Parts:
emitter: Sinister prophecy
switch: Sorcerer
body: Dissident bronze stingray
pommel: Gladius
viridian board
light blue
all standard finish

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #38934

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I didn't really have a name for this one, so I call it by who I'd picture using it, as with the Conqueror and Prophet. So this is the Archivist.

Using Prodigal Son emitter 1, Switch 10 (in silver), Fury body and Graflex pommel.

ASP Builder! 1 year 5 months ago #39201

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I wanted to make something utilitarian, valuable to a wielder with a more spartan lifestyle, probably ideal for protracted campaigns with little opportunity for care or maintenance. From that concept came the Commander.

Composed of an Avenger emitter, Fallen switch, Reliant body and Graflex pommel.

ASP Builder! 1 year 4 months ago #39467

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I pictured this one being use by someone training younglings, so I call it the Teacher.

Emitter 4, Switch 8, Fury body (I really like that one), and silver Gladius pommel.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Borommakot.

ASP Builder! 1 year 4 months ago #39503

• Gojira101
  • Thank you received: 7
Was going to create this saber and would still like too see it made but I'm putting a personal cap on myself for sabers at one light side & one dark side saber. Otherwise I'm afraid that it will get out of hand. Not too mention I'd like too see this made in a Hero edition. Someone is free to rip it if they like it.

If I got too choose 2 colors I'd snag purple/indigo & amber only because Saberforge hasn't seen that combo and I was curious.

Parts
ASP . Venom Pommel . Weathered
ASP . Resilient Body . Weathered . Purple Leather
ASP . Epoch Switch . Weathered
ASP . Emitter 7 . Weathered
ASP . Led 12W+ . Purple
ASP . Blade Plug 4 . Black
ASP . Blade 32'' . null
ASP . Sound Crimson . null

Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Gojira101.

ASP Builder! 1 year 4 months ago #39814

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I'm putting a personal cap on myself for sabers at one light side & one dark side saber.
Some times that's line is important to draw.

Here's a dark-sider I called Vindicator.

Makes use of a Fury emitter, Resilient switch, Monarch body and Pommel 3.

ASP Builder! 1 year 4 months ago #39940

• liberator
  • The force shall free me.
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone! Here's my ASP design, I've ordered two of these to combine into a nice symmetrical staff. I don't have a name for them yet but I think they fit very well for the Sith cosplay that I'll be doing soon.

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.137.2.0-3.88.2.23-2.51.2.0-1.18.2.0-7.152.19.0-5.143.0.0

Parts
ASP . Sinister Prophecy Pommel . Weathered
ASP . Dissident Body . Weathered . Black Stingray
ASP . Switch 7 . Weathered
ASP . Fury Emitter . Weathered
ASP . Led 12W+ . Red
ASP . Blade 32'' . null
Waiting:
2x ASP Sabers

Want:
Bane
Venomous Fury
Mauler

ASP Builder! 1 year 4 months ago #40274

• Revenant
  • Thank you received: 2
Going for a Nagamaki styled saber. Should be pretty fun to build and even more fun to spar with!
Attachments:
  • ...-07.jpg (7KB)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5282
  • Latest Member: BratikMa
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5