Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP- "Greenstrider"

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65498

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Something came today to be added to my collection and first saber i got from saberforge. I am actually clumsy with my hands so it was a little hard to load electronics but plug and play really easy to do. I hgot missing retention screws on emitter to place blade and led properly as well as not get any screw with covertech knobs and one of nuts of switches were missing but otherwise i didn't have any problems and these can be solved easily by finding replacements. Currenlty the hilts are still incomplete because of these issues but i won't have time for a while to handle them. Anyway here is what I got.

This is true form of Greenstrider a saberstaff with almost identical except emitters. Dissident bodies with medium green leathers (I am not sure if these are medium green though they look pretty dark already I might order next one lighter) Resilient switches with monetary black switches (two switches came slightly different one of them has a more pop out button while other one is flat on surface, i am not sure why but it definitly adds to character) Venom emitter and Viper emitter (viper emitter didn't have either led or blade retention screw i need to find some replacements soon.) with two 26" green dayblades. For electronics venom has crimson board viper has viridian. I like the contrast sounds they make when I am swinging them. For connection I used two male female coupler 1 along with one very short cupler in the middle. I did this so even if I unscrew them in middle of battle the batter pack won't drop out though it seems they are stuck at the momnet but i bet after I unscrew them a couple of time it will fit out.

They as seperate sabers with graflex pommels because i am going to keep it as saberstaff most of the time but i want to get pommels regardless and this one was the best to not give any distinct look d ring is bonus.

Got me some ASP blade plugs as well namely number 2 and number 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst, DK44

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65500

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 643
What an awesome pair of ASP designs. One of a kind! Quite neat to see identical bodies and switch sections but the emitter providing the difference. :)
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ukyavuz

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65502

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
Great design and use of Parts, Well Done. Shame about the shortpacked retention screws. As for the ones specific for the covertechs, I'd personally go without and just stay with the D-Rings on the Pommels. The different switches supplied may have been a lucky accident. The colour scheme and LED choice is very effective against the black finished parts. Nice choice with the two plug choices too. Thank you for sharing.

I had actually guess something entirely different to the guess of what's in the Box. ;)

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65505

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
Thanks both of you. I was thinking about making a total asymmetric saberstaff but than there would be balance issues. Not that it would still look good but this one I wanted to be practical. Ofcourse with clawed emitters it is debatable how practical it can be in a duel but I have a thing for clawed and/or windowed emitters for some reasons other emitters look too dull for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65506

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
ukyavuz wrote:
but I have a thing for clawed and/or windowed emitters for some reasons other emitters look too dull for me.
:lol: Am right there with you paddling that very same canoe, well.. with the windows anyway. Am a total sucker for Emitter windows (and Crystal Chambers). Any opportunity on the hilts real estate for extra glowy-points is a great thing.

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65507

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
When custom shop reopens first thing I am gonig to ask for is crystal blade plugs for these two :P Or when they add them to lazerforge, asp, main site, etsy, etc first ever happen :P

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65520

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
Wow, those are really cool!
I like the similar-yet-different approach, it's unique while providing potential for a number of backstories.
Did you have a story in mind for it?
The two that spring immediately to my mind are:
1) A master and apprentice, one died and the survivor joined both sabers into a staff; and
2) Twin siblings, one or both died and the survivor (or a friend of theirs if they both died) joined the sabers into a staff;
and it's used in their memory.
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65521

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
They are done by same Jedi who has been more on the gray side. He lost his first hilt viper one in an outer rim planet after a fierce fight with a bounty hunter and made second one which was improved by a couple of things. years later he saw his hilt being sold in a blackmarket while he was undercover. He retrieved his old saber back after tracking seller and 'convinced him'. He decided to go with dual wield/saberstaff route after improving his old sabers electronics. He assumed his finding of his old hilt was a will of force act to use both of them.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by ukyavuz.

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65522

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
Very nice! B)
Sounds like the making of a good story/fanfilm to me! :evil:
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 3 months ago #65523

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1379
This is what ASP is all about! Creative use of parts to make the saber of your dreams a reality!

Well done, and congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 2 months ago #65525

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
This is what ASP is all about! Creative use of parts to make the saber of your dreams a reality!

Well done, and congrats!

Oh once customs back I will ask something that has been on my mind for some time now.......ok 6 thing :P A special project I have in mind and probably I will keep customs busy for a long time :P

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 2 months ago #65791

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
You definitely turned ASP up to 11 here! Congrats! And what's really wild is that is the ONLY one in existence like it. There have definitely been a lot of ASP sabers to come along, but this one is special. It's got a "Just because I'm light-side green doesn't mean you want to mess with me" vibe! :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 2 months ago #65797

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
Whoa! That thing is crazy cool man! Nice job...Congrats & Enjoy!

ASP- "Greenstrider" 1 year 2 months ago #66276

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
Today I came back from vacation.......(long 10+ hour car ride is not fun........) And there was two surprise at home. First was an envelope and it has my missing screws and nut. Thanks again Melissa from SFCS for quick reply and send out these now Greenstrider is more complete without having a led or button issue. I still didn't glued anything on hilt though because I plan to get lit AV switches and in-hilt recharge kit when it hits shopsaberparts.com. I will probably use existing ones with some empty hilts I might get later. Second surprise was a box that had hot august knight sales extras well almost all extras except hilt funny story is the main purchase is currently stuck at customs and I need to go there at Monday to see what is problem.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by ukyavuz.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• K4 build (13 Posts)
    • Ooo I just saw Jas OT's mid-era exile weathered K4, that's a gorgeous take on the hilt. The...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...
    • Custom Ascend MadCow GCS|... (26 Posts)
    • You're always on an entire league of your own :woohoo: Damn that is nice and making me think copper...
    • Relic Wrath VV|Story so f... (28 Posts)
    • The Wrath has just such a cool design; be it on its own as a cool-ass mace or as a pillar of doom -...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6001
  • Latest Member: Scottpilgrim2
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 23