Body: Reliant
Wrap: Black Reptile
Emitter: 3
Switch: Juggernaut
Switch: Silver/Momentary
Sound: Veridium
LED: Arctic Blue
All metal pieces are dual tone

I was looking to create something that reflected elegance and simplicity. A weapon used more to explore one's inner journey through meditation and exercises and to be used only in defense as a last resort. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by darkbodhi. Reason: Misspelled word
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, tobalation

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65736

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
darkbodhi wrote:
Blade Plug: 4
Pommel: 10
Body: Reliant
Wrap: Black Reptile
Emitter: 3
Switch: Juggernaut
Switch: Silver/Momentary
Sound: Veridic
LED: Arctic Blue
All metal pieces are dual tone

I was looking to create something that reflected elegance and simplicity. A weapon used more to explore one's inner journey through meditation and exercises and to be used only in defense as a last resort. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
Great use of Parts darkbodhi. Agreed with the simplicity, further to the elegance it looks to be much more ergonomically friendly as a Hilt also. There are some similarities to the recently released Adaptive Justicar and I'd say the use of Juggs Switch over Reliant achieves this effectiveness. Well Done and thank you for sharing.

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65737

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 643
Nice hilt - elegant and simple in an effective way.
"I am the Senate"

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65744

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Beautifully simple and sleek, but solid looking as well. I'm strongly reminded of the VV Tempest, without the delicate feel.

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65745

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
Very nice. :)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65765

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
darkbodhi wrote:
On that, I'd say you've succeeded swimmingly. Well done! B)

Actually it looks like a blend of Old Republic and something that Master Luke Skywalker might've made while he was in exile. #EpisodeVIIISpeculations :whistle:
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65772

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I just noticed, did the design of the stands change already? It looks different from the ones on LazerForge

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65774

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I love this one! Great job! It looks like it leapt right out of one of the movies. Very sleek and yet the control box gives it a "technical" look. Well done indeed!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65800

• darkbodhi
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for all of the kind words! Since this was posted in the Reviews section, I suppose I should actually review this saber now that I've had some time with it.

Pros
  1. I really do love the look of this saber! It looks even better in person than it did in the virtual saber builder. I can't take my eyes off of this thing!
  2. I love the weight. This thing has some heft to it--really feels like a piece of functioning equipment and not a toy. It seems to be slightly heavier than my Reliant. I realize that for duelers, that will not be a pro, but I never planned for this particular saber to be used for dueling--I have other sabers for that. I wanted this saber strictly for the aesthetics and for light spinning.
  3. This saber is loud--way louder than my Reliant or my Disciple. But even more than the loudness is my love of the vibration from the sound that hums through the entire saber. Don't get me wrong, it's not a very strong vibration, but still very noticeable (my other two sabers have no vibration) and makes the saber feel all that more real with power coursing through it.
Cons
  1. I really do wish that a comprehensive guide on how to put these ASP sabers together came with your purchase. Thankfully I found examples to follow on YouTube, but at times it still felt too much like trial and error, and for someone like me who can't claim to be all that tech savvy, it was a bit nerve-wracking and did require a few tries putting it all together.
  2. The battery/sound card sled fits almost a little too tightly, which is great for the solid feel to the saber--I have no fears spinning this saber around and possibly breaking something internally--but it is so tight in the saber that I really have no idea how I'm going to get it out to recharge the battery without taking the saber apart again.
  3. This is just a personal con--I ordered the Arctic Blue LED, which looks great and I have no real complaint there, but now that I've seen it in person, I'm beginning to think that the White LED might be the better color for my vision for this saber. Lucky for me, I can swap out the LED at a later time if the Arctic Blue ends up not really working for me.

Below are some pics with the blade installed and using different settings on my camera:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, OvrcAHst

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65802

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
Very nice hilt! I really like the parts you selected. As others have mentioned it's a very sleek design.

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65823

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I keep coming back to look at this hilt. It really is that appealing.

ASP-"Kensho" 1 year 2 months ago #65846

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I recently got an Arctic Blue LED, and it is a great color, but that Frost White is HARD to beat. I think they have a B / B / W / W LED that might look REALLY good.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...
    • Custom Ascend MadCow GCS|... (26 Posts)
    • You're always on an entire league of your own :woohoo: Damn that is nice and making me think copper...
    • Relic Wrath VV|Story so f... (28 Posts)
    • The Wrath has just such a cool design; be it on its own as a cool-ass mace or as a pillar of doom -...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • I noticed the efforts on social media too, and I am now in "fast scroll" mode when I see anything...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6001
  • Latest Member: Scottpilgrim2
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 23