Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Saber - "Halogen"

ASP Saber - "Halogen" 1 year 2 months ago #66394

• IINerfII
  • Thank you received: 22
After being inspired to finish this build after posting the Amber/Royal Blue mix in the color mixing thread, I have finally completed it! Well, mostly completed it.

Here it is! It's made of these parts:
Emitter 10 - Brass Knurled Thumbscrew
Switch 8 - Brass Chassis Screw
Body 8 - Brass Covertec
Katana Pommel - Default

It's got a nice weight and grip to it. The emitter has a fantastic chokepoint just above the switches, and it's quite comfortable to hold even with the switch cover. It looks like this:

So I bet you're wondering about the wires... Yeah I don't actually have a switch in there right now. Oops. It's kinda nice actually, I have to kickstart the saber like I'm hotwiring a car! Give it life to see the beautiful blade:

It's quite bright! Like I said in the color mixing thread, it's really like a halogen purple. Whiter than a Mace Windu purple, but it's a special color.

I made a chassis out of 1" bladestock, actually almost exactly like Kouri did with his Sentinel's Rebirth saber. It's held in place by the brass slotted screw in the switch section. Glad to see that others are having creative ideas with internals. I don't have the speaker hooked up yet, so the saber works basically as a really fancy stunt saber :P

I may sand it down, because the light actually shines down into the chassis and it looks pretty neat at night!

Cool, right? I like to call this one "Halogen" and the hilt has grown on me tremendously. Thanks for stopping by!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, For Tyeth, HotRod, Kouri
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• K4 build (13 Posts)
    • Ooo I just saw Jas OT's mid-era exile weathered K4, that's a gorgeous take on the hilt. The...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (6 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...
    • Custom Ascend MadCow GCS|... (26 Posts)
    • You're always on an entire league of your own :woohoo: Damn that is nice and making me think copper...
    • Relic Wrath VV|Story so f... (28 Posts)
    • The Wrath has just such a cool design; be it on its own as a cool-ass mace or as a pillar of doom -...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6001
  • Latest Member: Scottpilgrim2
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 23