Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My ASP Lumen Cordis

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67046

• prophetic_joe
  • Thank you received: 4
My first dueling saber. ASP that I call Lumen Cordis from Indiegogo. It was estimated to ship in two weeks to me and it did which is nice, priority shipping so it showed up quickly. Sounded and looked amazing, bright, crisp sound, I loved this saber from the second I got it. After about 3 days though it experienced an overheating I suppose of the Viridian soundboard. I imagine it was the kill key issue that others experienced. Crap right but Saberforge customer service has been excellent and worked with me to get everything straightened out. I am currently awaiting my new board which is shipping soon. Anyway problem aside (problems happen that is life) this is a great saber and I am 100% glad I bought it.

Here's my video review of it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67088

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
prophetic_joe wrote:
My first dueling saber. ASP that I call Lumen Cordis from Indiegogo....
Hey Nate, saw your follow on Post in NM Intro and rather duplicate it, will acknowledge it here. Thanks for sharing your first Saber and Congratulations with new ownership. So apparently when you Exile Justicar, Ares and an ASP Corran Horn instead of a Justares Hornile, born is a Lumen Cordis. :lol: :dry: :unsure: *insert the sound of crickets here* What was your reasoning with installing the AV on the lower switch hole rather the top or was it completely random?

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67100

• prophetic_joe
  • Thank you received: 4
OvrcAHst wrote:
prophetic_joe wrote:
My first dueling saber. ASP that I call Lumen Cordis from Indiegogo....
Hey Nate, saw your follow on Post in NM Intro and rather duplicate it, will acknowledge it here. Thanks for sharing your first Saber and Congratulations with new ownership. So apparently when you Exile Justicar, Ares and an ASP Corran Horn instead of a Justares Hornile, born is a Lumen Cordis. :lol: :dry: :unsure: *insert the sound of crickets here* What was your reasoning with installing the AV on the lower switch hole rather the top or was it completely random?

LOL that joke..... well it went over my head but good on you man lol. Anyway to the AV in the lower, I found when I had it in the upper hole the ridge around it got in the way of comfortable activation with my thumb so I moved it to the lower part. I just find it more comfortable there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67106

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 720
I quite like the switch in the top part specifically because it makes it hard to press and turn-off, but yeah, it *is* uncomfortable, and I'm personally looking into finding a raised AV switch to put in there to make it a bit easier.

Neat saber, and really nice choice on pommel - does nicely with the black band on the switch section.

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67133

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1698
prophetic_joe wrote:
LOL that joke..... well it went over my head but good on you man lol.
:lol: Had a momentary lapse being high on Fruit-Loops. :blush:
Anyway to the AV in the lower, I found when I had it in the upper hole the ridge around it got in the way of comfortable activation with my thumb so I moved it to the lower part. I just find it more comfortable there.
I personally find the entire switch guard unnecessary but since yours was born from ASP (rather than a prebuild using ASP Parts), you do have a little more flexibility with removing it completely and having the switch set in the hole without it. Yeah I can probably mod it, but requires more work and fiddling with the electronics. :)

My ASP Lumen Cordis 1 year 2 months ago #67271

• Lumen_Cordis
  • "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
  • Thank you received: 7
Nice looking saber! And I must say - I rather like the name.
"Life is about trying things to see if they work."
-Ray Bradbury
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Too Much of a Good Thing,... (7 Posts)
    • My favorite speculation about Rey's lineage is that she's a Palpatine because she uses a lunge move...
    • Unfulfilled and the wait (12 Posts)
    • SHIPPED AFTER 22 DAYS AFTER THE ORDER WOOOWS.....just the5-10 days to make it to the uk..... And...
    • K4 build (13 Posts)
    • Ooo I just saw Jas OT's mid-era exile weathered K4, that's a gorgeous take on the hilt. The...
    • Too Much of a Good Thing,... (7 Posts)
    • Hi All, I just have to laugh at all these Star Wars Theorists that in one YouTube video say "REY'S...
    • My Wife's Princess Rainbo... (15 Posts)
    • And to think the wife is only this girly on these kind of subjects; daily life it's all death metal,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6002
  • Latest Member: Ellynabsele
  • Total Posts: 61.8k
  • Total Topics: 5148
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 23