Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58496

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
So my first SaberForge lightsaber has finally arrived. Today was a real treat getting this. While this is my first SF saber to have in my hands, it was actually my second order. My first order from Feb 2nd is still in the queue getting worked on and hopefully will be joining me in the next couple weeks.
I think I may have been a little too excited when I first ordered my PS that after waiting 2 weeks, I said to myself, not one of my friends or family will have a lightsaber like this and I won't be able to duel with anyone. How boring would that be to have a saber and not be able to use it? So before my wife knew it, I had ordered the Avenger for a friend/family member to use in sparring with. No way was I going to let anyone duel with my old MR Fx lightsabers. When it came time to choose which saber I was going to purchase as my dueling mate it was tough. There are so many choices to pick from and I came close to picking something different (the Exhalted and Redeemer were close) but I am a big fan of canon sabers. Luke's ROTJ saber will always be my favorite (V1 and V2 the same) followed by Obi's weathered saber from Ep IV, then Luke's Graflex style and finally Vader's from Ep V. But out of all the prequel sabers, Obi's from Ep I and II is my favorite. I remember how different the lightsabers looked when the prequel trilogy came out (as hard as it is sometimes to watch those, they did give us some great lightsaber designs). This could be a future Open Topic, what's your top 5 canon sabers? It would never end.
The specifics on this order are as follows: This is a Champion Avenger in Medium Blue 12W+ with Viridium sound with QC and a 37'' blade. I also placed and order for a Red and Purple LED 12W+ just to take advantage of the QC and because I really enjoy those colors and wanted to see them in this lightsaber. Ordered Feb 16, "Shipped" May 21st, Pre-Ship May 24th and finally delivery May 31st. So about 3 1/2 months from order to door. The wait did go by fast when I think about it. There were some slow weeks that seemed to drag but overall, coming here to the forum to check out people's reviews of their new sabers, researching DIY tips and seeing if there were any new videos on YouTube of other Fx sabers did pass the time. Also, I have 2 small children that keep me busy so they helped time go a little faster also.
I did do an unboxing video which I'll try posting on here. It was more for protection to make sure everything was packed and that I received everything, which I did thank goodness. For the review itself, I like rating systems so I'll try my best to be objective.

The Lightsaber hilt itself: 4/5
I really enjoyed unraveling the saber out of the box. I could finally understand the enjoyment people have when they open theirs for the first time. It looked like it came right out of the movie. No sharp edges that I can feel. There was a review a month or so ago about the sharp edges on the pommel but they seemed to have fixed that. It was so clean, I'm happy I didn't get this one weathered. I do enjoy my canon lightsabers and this was exactly that. The only knock I give is it felt a little lighter than I expected. Now that could just be my expectations but I felt that it should have a little more weight to it.

The LEDs: 5/5
Even with this saber on who knows how much charge when it arrived, the LEDs were bright and I can't wait to see how they are once fully charged. The first time I tried the QC I was nervous. I have been reading recently about the difficulty people are having changing LEDs and wires breaking and such that I was a little hesitant changing them. But luckily, everything worked out and all LEDs are working fine as of right now.

Sound: 5/5
The Sabercore 2.0 board so far is a big step up from my old MR Fx sabers. The sound is very clear and the on board menu is very easy to use. Whether you want it loud or low, there is no muffling of sound quality while spinning or making contact.

Customer Service: For this purchase 4/5
SF CS was usually prompt with email returns, typically within 24 hours during the week which I was happy with. I was so new to the scene that I sent out a couple emails in the beginning and they were very kind, patient and understanding. I, like many others possibly on this forum, had heard some not so flattering remarks about SF's CS in the past. If you dig hard enough, you may find harsh remarks on any company. But I liked SF's hilts so much that I decided to give them a chance and I'm glad I did. Things change, companies improve and grow which SF seems to have done so kudos to them. The only deduction would be they should have better communication, either using the Forum more to their advantage or putting more info out there on their FB page. This might help give all of their customers a heads up on any delays and/or changes that will be occurring. It seems as members on the forum, we find things out because other members email CS and report back the response but common trends aren't made known right away. The mods here do a great job of trying to give us as much info as they have but sometimes they are even left without any answers, but it seems like lately they are getting notice of a few things which I hope that trend continues. And lastly, I can finally say that I am a proud owner of a SF lightsaber!

And so after this long winded first review, here are the pics:

- Light em up

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, DK44, ajeekenobi, TheGrandAdmiral

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58497

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Here are the other LED colors

- Light em up

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, ajeekenobi

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58499

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1113
That is one hell of a review, for one hell of a saber. I hope to have one exactly like it in my collection soon.

You have my congratulations, and my envy sir!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58500

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Well Done Andi-Jae EL and Congratulations! Granted it's not your eagerly anticipated pair however with such a glorious piece, nothing to shy away from either. The Review was real and your experiences relatable and a nice array of images to accompany the Show 'n Tell. Thank You.

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58525

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Great review Andi-Jae EL! Im happy for you that you finally got your saber (i know its not your PS but hopefully you get that one soon!). My Avenger is currently in preshipment so those pics are making me drool. The medium blue looks fantastic! Congrats & Enjoy!

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58540

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
Congrats on your first hilt! Great choice, and very insightful review.

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58579

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is a sweet Saber, Andi-Jae EL! It has such a good balance of silver and black. And with quick connects you'll never grow bored of the color. Congrats!

Now the trick is putting it down. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58599

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Very nice saber, Andi. You made a great purchase. It looks awesome.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58606

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 303
Congrats on your first saber! Couldn't go wrong with the Avenger either. Awesome.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58608

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Great review, was wonderful to hear the story behind it. Absolutely lovely saber, and with the other colours as well :) I remember my first lightsaber toy as a kid was one of those fancy (what seemed fancy at the time anyhow) sabers with the telescopic blade, and it was Obi-Wan's episode 1 hilt. I've always been a fan of it, and to see it here in such an in depth review is a treat, especially as we don't seem to get that many Avenger reviews.

So glad you enjoy it and I hope when your other saber comes in it is just as wonderful for you :) Thank you for the review.

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #58614

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Fantastic review, Andi-Jae EL...It's interesting to hear your story and your motivation in buying this saber.."In order to find someone with whom I can duel"...Hmmm...That's something I should start considering, so I can convert someone into a "believer" :lol:

Congratulations for your Avenger...I believe your PS will be coming very soon to complete your collection!

Champion Avenger 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 1 month ago #59188

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 526
Great review and a perfect combination of colors! Thanks for the write-up.
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ultrasabers Dark Sentinel... (1 Posts)
    • Heretic Inner Diameter (1 Posts)
    • Does anyone know the Inner diameter for the Heretic hilt? I'm buying a chassis from Goth 3D. Thank...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • To our new arrivals, welcome! Be sure to peruse the Forum Rules, and FAQ when you get a chance....
    • Saberforge Crusader??? (9 Posts)
    • It's a fear weapon. Not supposed to be used in duels but if you are matched up against someone, ...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • Saberforge Padawan from North Carolina here haha. I am 28 and have been a Star Wars fan from...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5336
  • Latest Member: Silent_Blade77
  • Total Posts: 56.5k
  • Total Topics: 4733
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 26