Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Bane.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64968

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Saberforge Saber number two :cheer:

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+

Ordered this from the Etsy store at the end of July so qualified for the Xmas in July Promo. Again, took just under 2 weeks to be delivered door to door. I like this speedy service..

I received exactly what I ordered in the order comments. So;
Crimson Soundfont
FOC Blade Plug
FOC Day Blade (Red / 32")
FOC Stand (Imperial)

Ive wanted one ever since I saw Shameem's video on YouTube.. But I couldn't stomach the lead times from the main store.

However, as soon as this came on the Etsy store, I knew I had to have it..

I freaking love this saber design.. Feels so comfortable in my hands. And looks the shizzle..

Again, that 12w+ Red is really bright.. In hindsight, I could have gone for a lime green for a HR Giger Alien style.. But I'm still happy with my choice..

That all being said, I came across 2 minor niggles/issues..

First, the very noticeable gap through the middle of the hilt. I knew that this maybe an issue as I have heard some people with the same problem. I thought I may be one of the lucky ones, but alas;

It doesn't bother me too much and can live with that gap, but if anyone on the forum knows of a fix for this without sending it back to SF, it would be much appreciated..

Second, and this is just the luck of the draw, but the Imperial Stand doesn't fit the Bane due to the curvature of the hilt. I don't mind that at all as I have found a home for that with my SF Disciple. Real good quality stand though..

Just gotta look for a stand that can accommodate the hilt. The temporary fix I have will do for now.

All in all, very impressed with the quality of the hilt.. Beautiful and amazing craftmanship :)

Has taken the top spot (until my Korbanth Graflex 2.0 kit comes back with the install)..

Oh, that's my Kotobukiya ArtFx+ Darth Vader Statue I got a few days ago. Had to include a glamour shot..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Darth Nelo Angelo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64969

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Hey Mate, Congratulations with your New addition to your Collection. Shame about the Body's Seam-Gap and the awkward seating on the Stand but the Weathering on your Bane!, Double-Thumbs-Up! I like how it appears more Greyscaled, Ash-like Charcoal rather the usually seen really Dark weathering. Beautiful choice with a Red LED too. I've never been a fan of Bane or completely convinced by it but I feel some eagerness stirring. If the Finish was identical to what you have there, it'd be ideal but (noting) the weathering between two is never the same. I know it's a consistent design element to the Hilt, is the single claw (underside spear) removable or is it a permanent fixture that doubles as holding everything together?
Thank you for sharing and having some time to Post your Review. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nelo Angelo

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64971

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Hey Mate, Congratulations with your New addition to your Collection. Shame about the Body's Seam-Gap and the awkward seating on the Stand but the Weathering on your Bane!, Double-Thumbs-Up! I like how it appears more Greyscaled, Ash-like Charcoal rather the usually seen really Dark weathering. Beautiful choice with a Red LED too. I've never been a fan of Bane or completely convinced by it but I feel some eagerness stirring. If the Finish was identical to what you have there, it'd be ideal but (noting) the weathering between two is never the same. I know it's a consistent design element to the Hilt, is the single claw (underside spear) removable or is it a permanent fixture that doubles as holding everything together?
Thank you for sharing and having some time to Post your Review. ;)

Thanks OvrcAHst..

It is a shame, but its nothing major that I should/could get worked up about. I can live these niggles.. The saber is still beautiful to behold..

I think a weathered Bane would "..make a fine addition to your collection.." (in the words of General Grevious)..

The claw is removable via set screw. I think that holds everything together.. The emitter and pommel are also held on via set screws. Same screws I need to loosen in order to get the blade plug out.

Oh, I love that Red Day Blade. Really makes the 12w+ pop. And that is just during the day. Need to try it in the night.. It would be sooo pretty..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Darth Nelo Angelo.

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64972

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:
I think a weathered Bane would "..make a fine addition to your collection.." (in the words of General Grevious)..
:lol: Your Jedi Mind Tricks won't work on me either. Have been talking to a few people lately with Bane being the subject, maybe.. in time. Although since I was (and still am) on the fence about it, I committed to a different Curved Hilt recently instead. Similarly to you, with Bane being on Etsy it was debated to include or not include. Ultimately for now, I went the latter. Now if Vanquish were to come available, a sooner revisit may be imminent. :whistle:
The claw is removable via set screw. I think that holds everything together.. The emitter and pommel are also held on via set screws. Same screws I need to loosen in order to get the blade plug out.
:huh: Stupid fellow asking a stupid question: Is the spike extending to the underbelly 'brass-knuckles' grip all one piece for potential unattached usage or is spike independent to it?
Oh, I love that Red Day Blade. Really makes the 12w+ pop. And that is just during the day. Need to try it in the night.. It would be sooo pretty..
Agreed. The SF Day Blades are definitely something special. I love how it creates a defined tracing of the core and with accelerating the colour effect, an undeniable pop. :)

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64973

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
Damn. I guess the force is not strong with me today :pinch:

Ah. The Vanquish.. Another beautiful saber. Doubly good that the emitter and pommel are ASP compatible. You could have a lot of fun with creating a unique saber..

That claw/spike on the underbelly is all one piece. It is removable, but I think it holds the hilt together..

Speaking of that day blade. I used it on my JQ Caliburn, which has a B/B/W. Created a really cool effect. Blue core with a red outline.. FOC came out almost purple.. Now, I need to get a blue one... and a green one..

Oh, never did say congrats on your two new acquirement's.. Shame one wasn't as perfect as you had hoped.

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64985

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
Congrats on an awesome saber! My son has a weathered Bane in Indigo, which is also an awesome combination. The weathering on his is much darker, which had been pretty consistent until just recently when I have now seen a couple of Bane sabers with the lighter, "grey" weathering. I like them both, and will have to consider carefully when I go for my own Bane, which is inevitable. It is just too awesome not to have one of my own.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nelo Angelo

Champion Tier Weathered Bane - 12w+ Red 10 months 3 weeks ago #64990

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
Congrats on an awesome saber! My son has a weathered Bane in Indigo, which is also an awesome combination. The weathering on his is much darker, which had been pretty consistent until just recently when I have now seen a couple of Bane sabers with the lighter, "grey" weathering. I like them both, and will have to consider carefully when I go for my own Bane, which is inevitable. It is just too awesome not to have one of my own.

Thanks Brax.. The Bane for me was one of those 'must have' hilts.. The Katana is also on that list. Been eyeing up an ASP empty Katana setup.. :whistle:

Agreed, indigo does suit it with the weathered finish..
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5312
  • Latest Member: WilliamsRet
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0