Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 1 week ago #59733

• Falnore
  • Thank you received: 23
First thing's first:

This saber is FREAKING AMAZING. The pictures really don't do it justice. At all. I always read where other people had said this, but it didn't really sink in until that first ignition. I also had my doubts about the sound quality, as it always sounds shrill and harsh in videos. Totally the opposite. The sound is clean and crisp, with just the right touch of bass hum.

Let me preface this next section by saying that I'm 5'7" tall. That being said, I ordered a 37" blade. I've seen differing descriptions of this blade. Most people said that it is too long if you're a short person. I am a short person. I was worried about the choice, and considered multiple times contacting CS and changing my order to the 32". I can now assure you that the 37" blade was the right choice. It is not too long, and adds enough heft that it basically swings itself. The center of balance IS a bit far forward, but I guess that's to be expected. I guess that having a shorter blade might alleviate some of this, but I don't know if it's worth giving up the extra reach.

As awesome as this saber is, there are one or two problems. Neither are actually with the saber itself.

1.) I did not receive an Allen key. Woe is me, whatever shall I do? Oh, that's right. I have a toolbox full of spare Allen keys in the closet. Problem solved.

2.) I ordered a Phoenix stand. It was glorious. Was. In attempting to put it together, every single leg either cracked or broke off completely. It turns out that the tolerances between parts was too close, and there was physically no way to put it together without breaking it. India is sending me a new one. For the record, India and Melissa are both amazing.

While I did receive one of the new kill keys, I did not receive the new apprentice blade plug. My guess is that, with lazerforge on the cusp of opening, SF has decided to make that particular design part of their new blade plug offerings. No big deal, as I was planning to order one of those sweet new blade plugs, anyway.

Pics to be ninja edited in later, as I'm currently at work.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Falnore.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 1 week ago #59734

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
While I did receive one of the new kill keys, I did not receive the new apprentice blade plug. My guess is that, with lazerforge on the cusp of opening, SF has decided to make that particular design part of their new blade plug offerings.
I recently received all the apprentice sabers (initiates, sans Disciple) and the only one that came with the laser etched blade plug was the Oracle, all the rest came w/the standard one.

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 1 week ago #59822

• Darth_Axel
The saber sounds amazing, you should post some pics when you get the chance. :)
Owns: warrior tier Phoenix red 12w+
Want: Bastion medium blue

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 1 week ago #59857

• Falnore
  • Thank you received: 23
Without further ado, I present the eye candy. These were taken with an old crappy phone, so don't be too harsh on my camera skills.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, OvrcAHst, Brady329

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 1 week ago #59919

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Gorgeous. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite sabers! Thanks for the review! Congrats!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 1 year 2 days ago #60470

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Once I get my $200 gift certificate I think Im ordering a weathered bastion with a green blade to represent poison. Your love for this saber has me pretty much sold.

Also, I did love the look from day one hehe
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 10 months 3 weeks ago #64060

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 263
Cyan looks awesome on this hilt. I debated back and forth between cyan or purple for mine. Was practically a coin flip for me. Congrats!

I had the same issue with my Saber stand. It broke when trying to assemble it. It was a clean break though and some super glue fixed it right up.

Bastion - 12w+ Cyan Standard Finish 10 months 3 weeks ago #64063

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
DarthTtocs wrote:
Once I get my $200 gift certificate I think Im ordering a weathered bastion with a green blade to represent poison. Your love for this saber has me pretty much sold.

Also, I did love the look from day one hehe

Shameem did a Geiger inspired Bane you might like. He has a YouTube on it.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5257
  • Latest Member: Jwon15
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0