Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 11 months 4 weeks ago #60617

• AnthonyC
  • Thank you received: 2
Bought my first Lightsaber, 2002 Master Replicas Force FX Anakin Skywalker SW-201 Oct 2015 from a friend online for two payments of $100.00 for a total of $200.00. Doing a search on google for converting my Lightsaber to bladeless, I found videos of Benjamin Banda aka GreenKata "Katalution" https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCYISAI6UewqO2qqlqLGuqgg offering a service that converts to bladeless and supplies much brighter LED. I love the idea of a bladeless saber. I see he has been uploading videos and offering this service for years. After numerous emails in March 14-25 2016. I paid $150 via PayPal ( order #031617) and I sent my saber off to GreenKata to his California address via UPS tracking code - 1Z01776R4280578582 to convert to bladeless and make it a 12w LED.

May 4 2016 he responded to my email and said my saber was complete and ready to go. Two weeks later I emailed for a tracking code, no response. Then another two weeks asking for a status update. No response.

I was able to file a claim against Benjamin Banda: Kata Saber Shop This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. through PayPal and do a reversal on PayPal for $150.00 for services he offered and charged me for, however, I never did receive my 2002 Master Replicas Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsaber back. Which I purchased for $200.00 back in October 2015

Even though he was ignoring numerous emails asking for a tracking code and when I can get my light saber back I noticed he was updating his Instagram http://instagram.com/reibanz with new pictures and singing videos, so I would pleasantly ask could you send my light saber back. At that point he deleted his videos and pictures and then eventually just blocked me from viewing his Instagram account 6/15/2016

I have screenshots of all interactions

My fear now is. I know from looking at Mr Banda's Instagram he goes to cosplay and conventions. I see reason where he would take my Lightsaber and others he never returned and sell, instead of returning to its rightful owner

Since the waiting game has started, I noticed more and more customers coming out and requesting an update of their lightsaber.

I hate the idea that and the reality that I was scammed, but GreenKata just sucked the excitement out my experience of finally owning a lightsaber.

What can I do to get my lightsaber back?
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by AnthonyC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 11 months 4 weeks ago #60618

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
That's awful. If you have his address from sending to him, maybe you can report it as theft in his area? Sorry to hear that, though.

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 11 months 4 weeks ago #60623

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
Sorry to hear about this. This doesn't surprise me though. There are all sorts of people out there looking to rip people off in the light saber industry right now because of how popular it has become. I sold a brand new black series anh Luke saber on eBay and the buyer returned a cracked blade/used saber to me and claimed that's how I sent it. eBay sided with the buyer of course. Then I paid someone to convert that saber and I got back an electrical taped mess that didn't work with all sorts of dremmel holes in it.

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 11 months 4 weeks ago #60624

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
That's really messed up. Theres alot of shady people out there looking to exploit and take advantage of people. It's best to stick with people that have a good reputation in the saber world, like Shameem or Jordan Moll. People who care about the saber community and are trying to help it grow as opposed to taking advantage of people to make a quick buck for themselves. Good luck man, I hope you get your saber back.

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 11 months 2 weeks ago #62072

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
Thank you for posting your experience with this person.
If this happened to me, I would spend time & effort to ensure this dont happen to others. I may lose my lightsaber for good but I will make my voice heard that this has happened.
I might be the 1st this person took advantage of or the most recent. I would try to find others and share information about our experiences. Get an understanding how the scam works. Then figure out how to get the word out that this person is taking advantage of others if there are others. Expose him to community and hope others dont fall victim.

The important thing is knowing youre not alone. Individually its heresay and can be disputed. Bring everyone together and there can be more options as group to out this person on radar, cut his resources, end the scam, and protect fellow members and new members of this community. We have such a positive & supportive community here.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnthonyC

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 10 months 1 week ago #64526

• AnthonyC
After ignoring my emails for three months, Benjamin Banda "GreenKata" finally responded:

On Jul 20, 2016, at 2:49 PM, Kata Lution <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. > wrote:

Listen, you have the AOTC anakin saber and had the full conversion mod and it was done and the saber was sent back a while ago
The address you gave me was to your local ups store, that is what was on the box of the saber that you sent me and that's where it was sent to
Now I am telling you, you need to stop adding random people because you're trying to involve anyone and everyone who has nothing to do with my business
And I have already sent back your saber so I suggest checking with your local ups store
But in all honesty I am tired of this, not for my sake but for the sake of others who are innocent of anything
So I have an AOTC saber of my own and if you give me your address to your direct I will send you that one so you will have a saber and leave innocent people alone
And as for other customers, I am slowly helping them as well so your claim of me robbing or stealing from people is wrong as well
But again I don't care about my stand point, you're trying to get so many people involved who don't have clue one about any of this
I don't care about my reputation I care about them being dragged into stuff
So give me your direct address and I will send you my personal saber
Also check with your local ups store as that's the original address that was on your box
Thank you

It's been three weeks since he sent this email, no tracking code and NO LIGHTSABER. I just would LOVE people to respond, email him This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and request Benjamin Banda to return Anthony's Anakin Skywalker lightsaber

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 9 months 2 weeks ago #66245

• AnthonyC
I filed an online complaint with Turlock police departments crime website again's Ben Banda "greenkata" August 1, 2016 officer from Turlock Police Department called me back August 21, 2016 to tell me he had went over my report and is going to take a ride and visit his residence and have a chat with Ben about our situation.

As of today September 2, 2016 still no word

GreenKata "Katalution" has NOT returned my Master 9 months 2 weeks ago #66247

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Damn this sucks. I really hope you can get some kind of closure with this situation. Good luck Anthony.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Father's Day Sale (16 Posts)
    • Quote: My experience is that you can use the coupon codes on etsy, I've done it before. Thanks a bunch....
    • My experience is that you can use the coupon codes on etsy, I've done it before. On the subject of...
    • I have a question regarding the sale. I did a search and got hundreds of results that may or may...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5247
  • Latest Member: FirDelLance
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4679
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 35