Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr

Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr 2 years 5 days ago #12226

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Disciple, Warrior Tier, Standard Finish, Black Reptile Wrap, 12w Green LED

Introduction: The majority of the SF hilts I have (on order) are for collecting purposes only; not for dueling. My decision to get the Disciple was based on a desire to have a no frills saber ideal for dueling that I wouldn't be afraid to drop or damage and would feel comfortable letting my students and nephews play with. It will also serve as one part of a pair once I receive my Reliant which has a matching black wrap.

Dimensions: L= 11 in. W=1.25 in. C=5 in.

Overall Impressions: I can't stop spinning this thing in my hand. Its' balance is found towards the middle of the hilt without the blade. With the blade the balance it located towards the end of the hilt and serves as a natural pivot point. The only noticeable sharp edges are found on the pommel and around the emitter, as I don't plan on maintaining a grip in any of those places they aren't a concern. I can run my hand across the length of the hilt and I only feel rounded edges. A one handed grip feels ideal with my hand either placed directly on the leather wrap or my index finger wrapped around the choke of the hilt. A two handed grip is slightly uncomfortable as I prefer to have around three inches of space between my hands and the length of the hilt necessitates my hands being placed next to each other. My hand frequently toggles the saber off and on unless I adjust my grip so that the buttons won't be depressed

Aesthetics: The Disciple is an attractive, but simple, hilt. The machined grooves are painted black and serve as a pleasing accent to the black reptile wrap. I am pleased with my choice of the green 12w as it compliments the pewter and black coloration of the hilt. The bisected emitter shroud is a pleasant counter accent to the beveled pommel.

Mechanics: The pommel is easy to screw off and there is a clever strip of Velcro which makes the battery chassis simple to remove and also provides padding that eliminates any potential rattling the battery might cause. The Apprentice level hilts can only accommodate a simpler blade plugs then the Elite and higher tiers. This blade plug us easy to remove with the provided allen wrench and I would suggest leaving the screw in it's socket as it is very small and potentially easy to lose. The V4 Infinity Blade that came with the saber fits snugly into the hilt with a few turn of the screw. I would suggest turning the screw several times once it makes contact to ensure that the blade doesn't wobble.

Final Thoughts: My nephew was with me when I unboxed the Disciple and he asked me (mind you, the child is in 3rd grade) if a blade would come out once the battery was charged. The Disciple has an uncanny heft to it that makes it feel as if it could produce a real blade and feels like much more than a toy or a metal tube stuffed with electronics. This sense of "realness" a testament to the craftsperson who designed and constructed it. Although the Disciple is one of Saber Forge's simplest hilts it is still a wonderfully elegant bit of engineering and I expect it will serve me well.

Last Edit: 2 years 5 days ago by h2soy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr 2 years 5 days ago #12228

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Nice combination!! I'm trying to decide currently if I want to pick up another disciple with a Lime Green, or a Consular with a Lime Green... and while this isn't Lime Green... the green really does look very nice on the Disciple.... lol.

Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr 2 years 5 days ago #12230

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
Excellent man! Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr 2 years 5 days ago #12231

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Wish I could take better pictures, my phone camera is garbage.
I'm trying to decide currently if I want to pick up another disciple with a Lime Green, or a Consular with a Lime Green... and while this isn't Lime Green... the green really does look very nice on the Disciple.... lol.
I think green "works" with a number of hilts if there is a mix of black/silver components. I'm definitely a fan of the "cooler" spectrum colors (green and blue). That said I really appreciate the lime-green LEDs and my Phoenix will be outfitted with a 12w lime-green LED. I think the color will look really nice spilling out of the windows on the sides of the emitter shroud (like the Consular).

Disciple Std. Finish Blk Rpt Wrap 12w Gr 2 years 5 days ago #12235

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yep, the windows were what decided it for me. Went with the consular, lime green. With quick connects, too. :) But still, that Disciple looks sharp!!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15