Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 1 week ago #58424

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Here's my weathered disciple with a bronze stingray wrap and lime green LED. Its got a 6w LED, but it's still quite bright. The hilt came out better than expected, and these pictures really don't do it justice whatsoever. It's long enough for a comfortable hand and a half, and with a 32 inch blade, is perfectly balanced for spinning. I'd recommend it. So, without further adieau, here it is!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, DK44

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 1 week ago #58425

• Muns
  • Elite Member
One more pic for size reference.

Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Muns.

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58426

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
The Stingray texture pops on this guy! Looks great!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58429

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
Beautiful as are all the Disciples. People really gotta stop getting Disciples through because it is making the wait for mine so unbearable :P I'm not even three week in either.

Back to yours though, it really is exquisite. Personally less of a fan of the weathering on this one, but with the lime green I find it far nicer than I expected to :) It does however affirm my choice of the bronze stingray wrap, that thing looks excellent, and really completes the saber.

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58432

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
When I saw SF's 3 to 1 die ratio colors (indigo, lime green, frost white) as 6w options, I assumed it was a mistake (since 6w only has 2 dies), but seeing your 6w lime green saber made me realize something. SF yellow is a 1 to 1 mix of amber and green dies (1 each in 6w, 2 each 12w), and their lime green in 12w is 3 green and 1 amber, so for the 6w they must resistor the amber die a bit more to achieve lime green.

But in any case, your Disciple looks great. The bronze stingray wrap is my favorite of the wrap options, and goes well with the finish and blade color.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58436

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
When the Fury/Venomous Fury were the the only sabers out there with the split emitter, I have to say I was not really drawn to the designs. However, when the Acolyte, and the Disciple came along, I was instantly impressed, and put them on my "gotta have someday" list. There was just something about the more compact size that just worked for me.

Your saber is an outstanding example of what I like about this model. The contrast between the finish, the wrap, and the LED color puts it all together very nicely!

Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 6 days ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muns

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58437

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Very nice. I'm really liking that bronze stingray wrap. Nice choice.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58445

• Muns
  • Elite Member
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Beautiful as are all the Disciples. People really gotta stop getting Disciples through because it is making the wait for mine so unbearable I'm not even three week in either.

Back to yours though, it really is exquisite. Personally less of a fan of the weathering on this one, but with the lime green I find it far nicer than I expected to It does however affirm my choice of the bronze stingray wrap, that thing looks excellent, and really completes the saber.

Thanks! And I can guarantee yours will be well worth the wait! I may do some customizations down the road regarding the weathering. Looking forward to seeing your saver when you get it!

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 6 days ago #58518

• Ghost3789
  • Thank you received: 2
Nice saber, Muns.

The lime green is a nice fresh change from the regular green. Nice costume too!

Enjoy!

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 5 days ago #58601

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I am not a fan of the lime green, we hardly ever see it on SF sabers. It goes really well with the Disciple. Great choice and beautiful saber.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Weathered Lime green W/ bronze stingray 1 year 5 days ago #58618

• Muns
  • Elite Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
When I saw SF's 3 to 1 die ratio colors (indigo, lime green, frost white) as 6w options, I assumed it was a mistake (since 6w only has 2 dies), but seeing your 6w lime green saber made me realize something. SF yellow is a 1 to 1 mix of amber and green dies (1 each in 6w, 2 each 12w), and their lime green in 12w is 3 green and 1 amber, so for the 6w they must resistor the amber die a bit more to achieve lime green.

But in any case, your Disciple looks great. The bronze stingray wrap is my favorite of the wrap options, and goes well with the finish and blade color.

It's pretty interesting finding out how they make the different colors. Oh and as far as the finish and wrap, here's a picture that's a bit more accurate to how it looks in person. I'm quite pleased with the combo.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 days ago by Muns. Reason: Typo
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15