Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61844

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Presenting the Weathered Disciple - Champion Tier - 12w+ Red/Crimson

I decided to bite the bullet and order my first Sabeforge hilt from the newly opened Etsy Store. I had my eye on getting a Saberforge saber for a few months now, but couldn't cope with the lead time, I know, I'm very impatient when it comes to waiting.

First impressions taking it out of the box? WOW. It’s so light and comfortable to hold. The weathered finish and black reptile wrap is exquisite.

Switching it on for the first time just blew me away. All the hype was true. LOUD & quite a crisp sound.

But that 12w+ LED! Man alive it’s bright. Even with the blade plug, I still got a colour imprint on my eyes. All I could see was 2 big red spots..

Got the new style kill key, which I'm not fussed about. I prefer it actually. I did like the old one, but this seems to look and feel more flush as it isn't that tall. Having a kill key is so refreshing to use. Should be standard thing on sabers. Love that boot sound.

Blade plug is the new style IIRC, looks really good and fits the weathered hilt.

Only problem/niggle/imperfection as it were, is that the speaker is a little loose in the hilt. Not a major problem as I don't plan on dueling with it..

I've got a few US hilts as well and the only one which I like as much as the SF Disciple, so far is my Manticore, as below; Think that will change when I get my Graflex 2.0 installed..

That will take the top slot, then the Disciple, then the Manticore.

Came with a 37" blade which is a bit too heavy for me. Will change to a 32" Red Day Blade from Etsy soon.

In closing, so glad I went with SF.
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
Last Edit: 11 months 5 days ago by Darth Nelo Angelo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61845

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 521
Nice saber Darth Nelo. The Disciple was also my first SF hilt and I love the design.Nice collection you've got.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nelo Angelo

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61846

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
Beautiful saber, and the LED color compliments the weathered finish, and black wrap so well!

I suggestion for the loose speaker. I had one arrive with the same issue, and it turned out to be a situation where the "C" clip had worked its way down a bit, so I removed the pommel, and took the bottom end of saber blade (the round/hollow end), and used it to push the "C" ring back into position. Just push gently until it makes contact, and see if the rattle is gone. Short of having an actual "C" ring tool, it works pretty well. If you don't see a "C" ring, that would be an e-mail to Customer Support.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61847

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Nice saber Darth Nelo. The Disciple was also my first SF hilt and I love the design.Nice collection you've got.

Thanks. I have more sabers (US ones), but there's only one spot left on that shelf and it's reserved for the Graflex..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61848

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
Beautiful saber, and the LED color compliments the weathered finish, and black wrap so well!

I suggestion for the loose speaker. I had one arrive with the same issue, and it turned out to be a situation where the "C" clip had worked its way down a bit, so I removed the pommel, and took the bottom end of saber blade (the round/hollow end), and used it to push the "C" ring back into position. Just push gently until it makes contact, and see if the rattle is gone. Short of having an actual "C" ring tool, it works pretty well. If you don't see a "C" ring, that would be an e-mail to Customer Support.

Thanks Brax. There is a 'C' ring when I unscrew the pommel, the speaker is behind that. It's the speaker which moves around. Haven't tried pushing the 'C' ring though. Might try that. I did manage to carefully maneuver the speaker so it faces the pommel. Has helped, but still get a rattle every now and again. Not a major issue..

I'm sorry, but I have to say this again, I love this saber.. :P

It's soooo comfortable and super bright. And, I don't have to plug it in to a computer to change settings. You can do it on the fly. So handy.

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61849

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
I know the feeling you are talking about with your saber. I felt the same thing when I got my first Saberforge (after having 4 US sabers before that). I have nothing against the other outfit, but I felt like the SF hilts, the in-hilt charging, and the built-in menu system were a huge step in the right direction for me.

Congrats, and enjoy!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61850

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
I know the feeling you are talking about with your saber. I felt the same thing when I got my first Saberforge (after having 4 US sabers before that). I have nothing against the other outfit, but I felt like the SF hilts, the in-hilt charging, and the built-in menu system were a huge step in the right direction for me.

Congrats, and enjoy!

Dude, you took the words right out of my mouth. I also have 4 US hilts and feel the exact same way ;)
Last Edit: 11 months 5 days ago by Darth Nelo Angelo.

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 5 days ago #61873

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats on a beautuful saber! I will warn you, they are like potato chips, you cannot get just one. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Tier Weathered Disciple - 12w+ Red 11 months 4 days ago #61912

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
HotRod wrote:
Congrats on a beautuful saber! I will warn you, they are like potato chips, you cannot get just one. :-)

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

Thanks Hot Rod.. I have to resist the temptation.. But it's hard..
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15