Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC)

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 2 days ago #70783

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
So, this pair of sabers has been floating around in my collection for a while, but I've been rather busy recently, so I'm reviewing them some time later. Perhaps not as anticipated or exciting as the other sabers I've reviewed, however still just as good an addition to my collection.

As usual with my reviews, we'll start with a little video review, followed by the write-up:

So, lets cover first impressions, although they are rather old first impressions at this point :P

As I believe I've commented with every hilt I've reviewed so far, the size of the hilt did once again surprise me. I knew that it would be smaller than my other hilts, being Apprentice and not Elite, however it does make a considerable difference to how it handles too. If I were to use any of my current hilts it would certainly be the Apprentice hilts over the others, and probably with the shorter 26" blades too, while they do not look screen accurate, the ease of wielding is absolutely a noticeable increase for me.

The Medium Blue colour is, for lack of a better word, excellent. A lovely balance of the brilliant brightness of blue, yet with enough powerful deepness at the same time. It also compliments the Bronze Stingray wrap very well. In comparison to the other colours I've reviewed thus far, I do prefer it to the Green and Amber, although, for the Guardians I would not want something other than Green, and for the Vengeance I would not want to change the Amber. I do prefer the colour, but as I've mentioned before, I tend to match certain hilts with certain colours for the most part.

Moving onto the Bronze Stingray wrap, as I have mentioned it compliments the Medium Blue well, but it also suits the hilt perfectly in my opinion, playing off the silver of the unweathered hilt, and giving it some extra visual texture too.

As mentioned in the video, a there are a couple of good grip points, either right at the top of the hilt, or in the small indented section above the grip. Not only do these spots work, with the 26" blade its entirely possible to wield the hilt one-handed on the "actual" grip section, where the wrap is. The fact the hilt works so well with the 26" blade also works to the fact I bought two of the hilts, they work well for dual wielding (or they would if my left hand wasn't clumsy as hell from a lifetime of not being used)

And with no wish to ramble on forever about these hilts as I have so many more of these reviews to record, upload and write, and I doubt you want to read my nonsense forever, let us move onto the fun bit, the pictures :D :

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 2 days ago #70784

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 2 days ago #70785

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 799
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Perhaps not as anticipated or exciting as the other sabers I've reviewed, however still just as good an addition to my collection.

Wha?...Perhaps not as anticipated or exciting as other sabers....

Only kidding TGA! I wish I had this pair of Disciples to go with mine. They are a credit to your collection, nice review and congratulations.

Never underestimate the power of the Disciple! (A good friend, Dav Yeager, told me that!)

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dav Yeager, TheGrandAdmiral

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 2 days ago #70786

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Wha?...Perhaps not as anticipated or exciting as other sabers....

Only kidding TGA! I wish I had this pair of Disciples to go with mine. They are a credit to your collection, nice review and congratulations.

Never underestimate the power of the Disciple! (A good friend, Dav Yeager, told me that!)

For Tyeth

Hah, I mean for other people. The others bore more weight due to being rare or customised (or both) They are still great for me :D

And thank you for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the review
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by TheGrandAdmiral.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 2 days ago #70789

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Bronze Stingray wrap... compliments the Medium Blue well.....playing off the silver of the unweathered hilt, and giving it some extra visual texture too.
Agreed, excellent choices with the Medium Blue LED paired with Bronze Stingray. Congratulations with the Collection expansion TGA and thank you with sharing its glory. Now there's a Discipline Staff (potentially) to keep pace with a Mauler Staff. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheGrandAdmiral

12W+ Medium Blue Disciples (w/ QC) 5 months 1 day ago #70794

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Now there's a Discipline Staff (potentially) to keep pace with a Mauler Staff. ;)

Oh, I'm quite sure I don't know what you're talking about :P And that is a possibility, in fact I do have a coupler for these, however didn't include it as, well, they look terrible together without being timed properly. I need to go out and find some O-rings or something, make them line up just right.

If I end up doing so, I'll be sure to update the review with the new look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15