Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Black Disciple 12W+ Green

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35339

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
  • Thank you received: 26
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity it's here:

Black hilt disciple with a 12W+ green blade and a 37 inch v4, Crimson soundboard. At first I considered just ordering a warrior tier but like any true saber enthusiast a purchase is a journey of a thousand steps. First I did a ton of research, than I made my purchase, and even during the wait I continued to work with the Forge in order to refine my blade, upgrading to a 12W+.

So let's dig into the saber shall we? First off the hilt. I love the hilt design and the in hilt charging port that comes with the champion edition purchases. The wrap is nice and the hilt is sleek, not bulky. This makes it easier to do all of the fancy twirls and hard strikes while dueling and still maintain a strong grip. The soundboard is loud which is great and I love being able to customize the flicker and all of the sensitivities. For example, when dueling it's better to have the clash jacked up, whereas when just showing off twirling lowering the clash sensitivity and upping the motion sensitivity is a nice touch. The hilt is very well designed. There are many ways to hold this hilt which is great for dueling and you can find a grip that suits you despite the covertech knob. The only problem (more of a problem for others as my hands are pretty calloused) is the ends. They're pretty sharp and holding the blade near the emitter is not recommended for those with un-hardened skin. That can be a problem as the balance point with the blade is right around that area, but it can easily be solved with a bit of filing.

The 37 v4 blade is nice and when the blade is fully charged it gets pretty close to looking like the real thing, but still no cigar. The tip unfortunately gets the worst of it, but this may be due to the charge on my blade which I'll explain a bit more below. On the other hand, the saber looks fantastic on video. It can't look any more realistic, and that more than makes up for the brightness.

The only true thing that bugs me is the power. I charged the hilt until the charger lit green and then screwed around with it for about 10 minutes. Plugged it back in and it's already been over 30 minutes and it's still charging. It's not a big gripe really but lower charging times are always nice.

Before anyone doubts my dueling skills spinning a 37 inch blade with a robe on is not easy as well as striking, which is why the jedi must ditch their robes for every major battle. That and my dorm room isn't the widest area around.

All in all I love it, I love it a lot. The brightness and power issues are a bit of a downer but the quality of the craftsmanship and beauty of the blade are fantastic. Thank you to Knytiri, Phil, and everyone else at Saberforge for giving me this wonderful gift and in addition the members of the forum for helping to initiate me into this wonderful order of Forge Knights that we have here. I was expecting a 14-16 week wait and by the Forge I recieved my first lightsaber after only 9. Clearly the Forge was with me. B)

May the Forge be with you all
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Shadow1275. Reason: inserted video
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Eddlyss64

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35340

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 799
Hi Shadow1275,

Totally amazing! I have a Disciple in standard with 12W Green, I wanted one to fit in with my backstory but having seen your Disciple I may have to consider a "Dark Disciple" in future. (Yes I acknowledge the EU book title!)

If I ever turn allegiance this may well be my Saber!

Congrats on a great Saber!

For Tyeth

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35342

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
I'm glad to see someone with a successful purchase! I intend to purchase an Acolyte with a Blood Orange blade at some point when I scrape together some money.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35343

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Shadow1275,

Totally amazing! I have a Disciple in standard with 12W Green, I wanted one to fit in with my backstory but having seen your Disciple I may have to consider a "Dark Disciple" in future. (Yes I acknowledge the EU book title!)

If I ever turn allegiance this may well be my Saber!

Congrats on a great Saber!

For Tyeth

Lol, I am and always will be loyal to the Jedi, though I do tend to use the occasional lightning and force choke.

My character and costume that I'm building is a lot like Revan, a lightside jedi who isn't afraid to use powers that aren't considered very "jedi like" So it fits. Plus black is my favorite color and I was digging the Black chrome hilt that another user posted a couple weeks back. I am very pleased.
"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35345

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 799
Hi Shadow1275,

Just a warning about Force Chokes,

Thanks again for sharing,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shadow1275

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35346

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
Eddlyss64 wrote:
I'm glad to see someone with a successful purchase! I intend to purchase an Acolyte with a Blood Orange blade at some point when I scrape together some money.

I might get a second disciple red for a dark side twist after I plan out and buy my signature saber (Which I'll build once ASP starts up again.), but for now this one is quite nice.

I'll admit I was a bit worried after hearing about the lost orders by USPS, but I guess I got lucky. Tbh this was a hell of a great ride really, 9 weeks and no USPS issues. I swear the Forge was with me.

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35364

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 547
Looks awesome, Shadow! Congrats!

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35365

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Amazing saber you have. Love the Disciple and that 12w+ green looks beautiful. Congrats!
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Dr. Anthropologist.

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35366

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 136
Very nice saber Shadow!....the green blade looks awesome!

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35369

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 521

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35374

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Excellent looking saber. Congrats! Once you go black....
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35394

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
I love the contrast of the black hilt against the bright green of the blade. I once owned one much like it, and now I see that I will have to own that combination again, 'cuz it's just so cool!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35407

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
Brax wrote:
I love the contrast of the black hilt against the bright green of the blade. I once owned one much like it, and now I see that I will have to own that combination again, 'cuz it's just so cool!

It does contrast well and it fits my revan jedi costume too. My ASP saber that I plan on getting will be the same with a different design. I better not see a copy Brax B)

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35410

• Brax
  • Administrator
Shadow1275 wrote:
Brax wrote:

It does contrast well and it fits my revan jedi costume too. My ASP saber that I plan on getting will be the same with a different design. I better not see a copy Brax B)

Oh, no worries there! The saber I am planning is a saber that was originally planned as a regular (non-asp) release, then was quietly abandoned, until the cries of the community went out and were heard. So, it then evolved into an ASP revamped version of that saber, which was supposed to be part of the first expansion pack. I don't know if it will actually happen, but if it does, it will be black with red highlights, and a frost white blade. The black and green one is a little further down the line.

This is Thomas Snyder's rendering of my....dare I say it....Regal!!!!

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35414

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
Tis a Beauty my friend. I was also going to borrow parts of the monarch for a possible dark side saber but I ended up borrowing from the Relic instead. Almost used the monarch emitter though, it's a nice emitter:

Btw I've already started wearing the hilt around everywhere and it feels like It always belonged right on my hip. Haven't put this thing down since 8 this morning.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Shadow1275.

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35417

• Brax
  • Administrator
That is as it should be man!

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35460

• GreyJedi73
  • Thank you received: 15
Gorgeous saber my friend! Forgive me for being such a NOOB but how did you get this in black? Very interested for a future hilt.

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35562

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
GreyJedi73 wrote:
Gorgeous saber my friend! Forgive me for being such a NOOB but how did you get this in black? Very interested for a future hilt.

Under Shopper's note I made the request for it to be either black or a darker finish and Saber Forge Delivered
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dewstroyer

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35569

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Nice really like that I got a standard finish with artic blue blade and blue colbolt wrap ordered in week 7 longest best wait ever
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there

Black Disciple 12W+ Green 1 year 4 months ago #35570

• Shadow1275
  • Form 7 Master
Kered wrote:
Nice really like that I got a standard finish with artic blue blade and blue colbolt wrap ordered in week 7 longest best wait ever

Thx, here's hoping you get it soon. Mine only took 9 weeks to get to me.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (5 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....
    • Hero Tier ASP "Ventu... (4 Posts)
    • 37" V4 Infinity Edge Blade from SaberForge [image] 40" Trans-White Show Blade from The Custom Saber Shop...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 15