Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Exhalted.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54383

• esxdave
  • Thank you received: 28
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (well 5th Jan in the UK to be precise) a young-ish man made the decision to blow a chunk of money on something he definitely didn't need...but really REALLY wanted.
After seeing TFA my Star Wars love was reawakened and I'd spent several weeks on the internet researching lightsabers. I started looking at force fx ones and then quickly discovered that there were companies making lightsabers you could actually duel with, Mind=Blown!
I had nearly pulled the trigger on a US as every time I'd been on the SF site it was down or buggy. Fortunately I took just one more look at Saber Forge before I bought 'an US flashlight' and the website was working fine an full of beautiful sabers B)
I spent even more time looking at all the different hilts but there was only ever one choice, the Exhalted called to me. I mean it's a thin neck without a big ol hand shredding activation box on it, what's not to love?
So after nearly 17 weeks and many many hours on this forum the magical Toblerone arrived at work. I have to say I can't remember being as excited about opening a box since Christmas morning as a kid.
There is nothing I can say about the Exhalted that hasn't been said a dozen time before but considering just how impressed I am with it I have to share my joy.

Cons:
16.5 weeks is a bloody long time, but as the saying goes "the best things come to those that wait".

Pros:
It's just incredible!
Build quality is phenominal, there is not a scratch, blemish or fault to be found anywhere.
Craftsmanship needs to be seen to be believed. Every section has a small detail that they didn't need to do and would have made it cheaper if they hadn't bothered but boy am I glad they did. It turns it from a really cool toy into a piece of art.
The sound is soooo cool and really loud. It does sometimes seem to play the same swing sound a bit too often but I think playing about with the sensitivity settings will sort that out.
The 12W+ LED is Bright, really Bright (intentional capital) Even in a well lit room it looks great, turn the lights out and it's 'big stupid grin on your face' bright!
The Cyan colour is gorgeous. Its quite a bit greener in real life that on any photos I've seen. I'd say it's just hanging on to the blue spectrum.

Enough chat, here's the pics

If you are thinking of getting an Exhalted....DO IT!

If you are wondering if it's worth spending hundreds and waiting months for a Saberforge Saber just take a look at this video taken by my work colleague of me switching on my Saber for the first time. #BigKidAtChristmas
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, For Tyeth, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, RyanRising, Brady329, DarthSauron

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54385

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 672
Well done! Cyan is a beautiful color, so bright, and on the Exhalted!

Liked the video, quite funny!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: esxdave

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54386

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1808
esxdave, Congratulations! (Officially. Saw your Video Post in Wait Begins) A successful delivery and many happy times ahead. Cyan is a gorgeous colour, you have selected well and paired with such an extraordinary Hilt. I had read about your DIY and would like to add that project for your nephew is remarkable and not forgetting your etch work, outstanding.

Thank you for sharing a Review with us and with reposting the Video Review. Your expressions during the unbox and animated reactions was simply priceless. I too felt a similar high and frankly, cannot imagine anyone reacting (so excitedly) any less after a wait. From a fellow Exalted Owner, Enjoy!

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54389

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
  • Thank you received: 42
Congrats, you've picked yourself a great piece of art. Exhalted is a gorgeous hilt and has many fans here in the forum. 16.5 weeks must have been hard to wait but I heard they were lack of Exhalted parts, so thats reasonable. Enjoy your Jedi weapon!

Champion tier Venom, SaberCore Crimson, Weathered Finish, 12W+ Red LED

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54399

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I thought the video was great! Congrats on your saber and now your wait comes to an end (until you feel like doing it all over again). Really like the Cyan color and after seeing it in the Exhalted will probably make me get a 12W+ Cyan QC LED at some point. Hope you had fun swinging it around this weekend.
- Light em up

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54417

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
The Exalted is a brilliant piece. Thin-neck, no control boxes, grenade grip... But I've said all that before. Great review! It was fun to read and informative. The video shows your excitement just as well as the pictures show the lightsaber.

Another thing I've said before, in somewhat different terms, is, "I've got to get me one of those!" And I really do.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by RyanRising.

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54456

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I loved your video! Congrats! You have single-handedly made me doubly excited for mine. Honestly, it's so encouraging to see someone have this kind of reaction. I loved the "it looks like a movie prop" from your video. I am glad it is everything you wanted it to be! :)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54464

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I seriously love how that Cyan looks. Amazing video, loved your humor. I enjoyed it a lot. Congrats on your Exhalted. Wonderful saber you have.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54479

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1526
Another beautiful Exhalted in the hands of someone who has longed for that design for a long time. Hmmm...sounds familiar!

Congrats man! That thing is exquisite!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Exhalted Standard Champion 12W Cyan 1 year 8 months ago #54494

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Awesome Exhalted. Your reaction when opening it was priceless. Like a kid in a candy store. Congrats on that cyan beauty!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Purple or indigo???? (15 Posts)
    • Between the two, I'd go indego. I always liked the deep blue mix it creates, a richer color I feel....
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Welcome Astrachomy, and Discoetheque!
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Hi, everyone! I've been stalking this forum for the last couple of months, just reading the threads...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (52 Posts)
    • Quote: Another Thomas Snyder musing... [attachment] Loved the new curved body asp part, great design....
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (52 Posts)
    • New ASP parts? SWEET!. Now to find a money tree somewhere :(

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6482
  • Latest Member: Discoetheque
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5455
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 6
  • Yesterday Open: 6