Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Exhalted.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8741

• nycscififan
I chose the Champion level Exhalted saber, with Standard finish, a Light Blue / 12W LED / 37 inch blade, and the Viridian (Light side) Sabercore sound font.

After a couple of weeks with the Exhalted, I can say that it is fantastic. I couldn't be happier with it and I recommend that you get one.

The hilt itself is satisfyingly heavy, much more substantial than I expected. It feels like it could really take a hit or a drop. The machining is beautifully precise from pommel to emitter, with no sharp spots that I can find. I think the Exhalted is the perfect design adaptation of my lifelong favorite Obi-Wan's saber. Replacing the sink-knob pommel with the back end from SF's Fury saber is a great improvement. Losing the Graflex lever/box from the middle makes dueling and spinning easy.

The preferences menu (hold down the activation button to access it) gives options for blade flicker, sound volume, and sensitivity levels for swing and clash.

The sound is amazingly loud (even at Low setting), maybe even loud enough by itself for presentations at public events or during fight filming.

And, or course, the activated blade looks terrific. The poly blade material is very smooth and weighty, with even distribution of the very bright light all the way to the threaded, pointed tip. And, having seen comments around the interwebs impugning SF blades' brightness, I have to say that keeping the battery charged makes all the difference. When fully charged, the blade is almost too bright to look at.

Speaking of the included charger, It gets the battery from empty up to full capacity quickly, well before your phone will finish charging.

Customer service responses were fast, friendly, and complete. The delivery time was completely within the advertised 8-10 weeks, plus-- c'mon, who wouldn't be willing to wait a little while for superior goods that will last for years?

These sabers are not cheap, but if you can manage to invest in this much 'wow', you will never regret it. In fact, in a direct, feature-by-feature comparison with competitor Ultrasabers, I found that Saberforge simply gives much more bang for the buck. Features that come standard on sabers of Champion level and up, like heavy-duty blade upgrade and in-hilt recharge, and accessories like the smart charger, kill key and wrench, add easily a hundred dollars to comparable US sabers. The choice is not even close.

This saber feels essential in the hand. In fact, I'm having trouble putting it down. Congratulations Saberforge!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8759

• Paul_W
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Just ordered one myself. Can't wait!

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8772

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1526
I ordered one two weeks ago, and reviews like this only amplify the anticipation for being able to fire it up for the first time!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8778

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds awesome, I am planning to order mine very soon. Any pictures?
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8784

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
The Exhalted is my favorite of all the thin necks. It will be a future purchase of mine, for sure. Glad you like it so much and thanks for the input.

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 9 months ago #8943

• genefactor
  • May the Force be with you
Nice review. I ordered mine back in January and it's scheduled to be shipped soon. Reading this is making my anticipation for it grow out of control. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Oh and this will be my very first saber so I'm totally geeking out. Oh and by the way, the specs for my saber is exactly the same as yours! Ugh! Hurry and ship my saber already, Saberforge!!!! :pinch:
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by genefactor.

12W Light Blue Champion Exhalted 2 years 8 months ago #10140

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Just ordered a 12w arctic blue champion exhalted from etsy. Can't wait for it to come in. I am glad to hear that it has a little heft to it. The more I look at the exhalted the more impressed I am will all the little intricate lines. As a mechanic/ fabricator I have much respect for this level of craftsmanship.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• One emitter that ASP is m... (1 Posts)
    • It would be nice to see ASP offer an emitter like the one on the (admittedly simple) lightsaber...
    • Purple or indigo???? (15 Posts)
    • Between the two, I'd go indego. I always liked the deep blue mix it creates, a richer color I feel....
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Welcome Astrachomy, and Discoetheque!
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Hi, everyone! I've been stalking this forum for the last couple of months, just reading the threads...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (52 Posts)
    • Quote: Another Thomas Snyder musing... [attachment] Loved the new curved body asp part, great design....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6482
  • Latest Member: Discoetheque
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5456
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 67