Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Fallen.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 11 months 1 week ago #62332

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
OvrcAHst I haven't seen any post on FB group regarding the shattered weathered Fallen. Just the non shattered one like yours. Also glad to know I played a minor role in the acquisition of your Fractured Fallen!
Otto, Thanks for looking anyway. I tried searching again today to see if it returned any success but the actual combination of search continuations changed and well nothing. :blush: I often see one thing and then run continued forward links then soon forgetting the point of origin when the browser window shuts down.

I don't have Facebook but in the past have been able to see Posts from FB Group as a Guest however recently everything's blanked out and a pop-up prompts me to log in everytime. Not for my eyes apparently. :huh:

Yes your role was an important one as it nudged me towards it when ordinarily I would have about-turned. I used to Collect money however over the past 6Months those measured rewards have been replaced by Fancy Fancy Glowing Bats. :lol: :unsure: The problem is real. Might need to increase dosage of OxyDyzR. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 11 months 1 week ago #62346

• OvrcAHst
Otto, (and anyone else that was curious and didn't know) took a punt (FB Group) or rather had a spin of your winning slot machine and had some success. Still don't know if it was an actual Custom Commission or an Etsy Exclusive though. :unsure:

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68447

• OvrcAHst
cAHst’d customisingsy’ing.

If you don’t wanna trek back to the start of this Review, a recap: The CR Fallen became an additional Hilt to complete the pairing to Revan’s Sabers, Reborn & Fallen.
It was an Etsy Limited Edition that featured Heavy Shattered Weathering, Gun Metal Powdercoating and the integration a Crystal Chamber. SideBYside the aesthetics were still a little off by my perception, so.. as the three following images demonstrate, what was formerly…

… Has since received a little update.

This inspiration was born (other than the recent wave I have been riding) during recent PMs discussing themes of a different Franchise and the applied continuity into Saber designs. Coincidental to a revisit of a Collection, as topics of medieval era’s, armour, weaponry and nobility were exchanged, a sort-of lightbulb moment happened. The stock Gun Metal PC was stripped, additional weathering was added and the end result received some polishing. What stood sideBYside previously, now I believe more successfully and effectively compliments each other as Reborn had undergone quite a unique transformation already out from Customs. Given some Boostin to a multiple of IX, the following happened.

Following Jas-Ot’s Revan Project WIP I attempted the slashed-scoring onto the Gold Emitter band to enable some additional shine-through other than limited to from the Emitter’s blade socket and the open Crystal Chamber.

What I didn’t have an option to choose was the LED Colour. Stock supply had it as Indigo so under some lit conditions, the perception of the chamber returns the Royal Blue content of the Mixed Ratio.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68448

• OvrcAHst
While Fallen has an Indigo LED, plug in a Red Day Blade (pictured is a VV type), sorted.

Compared to the revisited first 3 images, as a horn-toot, I firmly believe the two Hilts are now much more compatible.

Day Blades: VV Red & VV Purple

Revan. Fallen. Reborn.
Immortal. Invulnerable.
Invigorated.

Maybe the mark was hit, maybe it was missed.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod, SuUpberSith, Jas-Ot

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68452

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 259
Ooo, I like it even more now!

I would suggest taking a drill with a 1/32 titanium bit to the other side of the emitter where you have the "shattered" scarring, and carefully drill a few holes along the scarring, you can link them together by drilling them to overlap, to give an added element of light display. if you have a dremel, a use a pointed diamond grinding tip to "clean them up".

Spark2 should be here today, but still waiting on the Goth chassis to finish the build. Would love to do some side by side pictures between our two hilts to compare the different methods of weathering, detailing, and scarring designs. I will also be able to fire it up in Red and Orange combinations too.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68455

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 497
No hilt is left un-polished in your merciless purge of the weathered!
"I am the Senate"

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68458

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 74
Although I am a sucker for weathering, I definitely applaud you for your choice to take this step - as you say it works way better now!
I don't know why, but the Fallen in a darker edition (be it black, weathered or gun-metal) just doesn't seem to work and with the shattered/scarring it looks even more appropriate for a dark lord like Revan.
Wise choice and great execution - also with the blade, that one just needs to be blood orange ;)
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #68481

• OvrcAHst
Jas-Ot wrote:
Ooo, I like it even more now!
:P Thank you. :)
I would suggest taking a drill with a 1/32 titanium bit to the other side of the emitter where you have the "shattered" scarring, and carefully drill a few holes along the scarring, you can link them together by drilling them to overlap, to give an added element of light display. if you have a dremel, a use a pointed diamond grinding tip to "clean them up".
Thank you for this also, I may just try that!
Spark2 should be here today, but still waiting on the Goth chassis to finish the build. Would love to do some side by side pictures between our two hilts to compare the different methods of weathering, detailing, and scarring designs. I will also be able to fire it up in Red and Orange combinations too.
Sounds great. Come that time, have your people contact my people and we'll make it happen. :lol:

Execute66 wrote:
No hilt is left un-polished in your merciless purge of the weathered!
There are actually.. :whistle: Relic Wrath (to name one) in all its rusty goodness doesn't need a polish. Until I can successfully simulate the finishing on that Hilt, it will become something I'd repeat many times over.

CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Although I am a sucker for weathering, I definitely applaud you for your choice to take this step - as you say it works way better now!
Thank you. :)
I don't know why, but the Fallen in a darker edition (be it black, weathered or gun-metal) just doesn't seem to work and with the shattered/scarring it looks even more appropriate for a dark lord like Revan.
All Black can work for Hilts depending on the application used. I learnt (recently) that SF uses two methods for their Blacks, anodise & paint (by airbrush) with both receiving a hardening clear coat either high gloss or semi gloss. I'm not a fan of either .
Wise choice and great execution - also with the blade, that one just needs to be blood orange ;)
Thanks and yeah, it's difficult to achieve the actual desired effect when both LEDs are Indigo. Day Blade usage for colour manipulation has limits and even when using say an Amber enhanced blade, the resulting sherbet-pastel hue just ain't right. ;)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black finish? (3 Posts)
    • I've seen the emerald in the black finish. Looked fantastic, love to see some others
    • Best adhesive for switch ... (3 Posts)
    • I normally use a single drop of super glue, it holds fine and I've never had one come loose but with...
    • Father's Day Sale (3 Posts)
    • The Saberforge Father's Day Sale is here! - Give the gift of the greatest custom sabers in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5235
  • Latest Member: Robinsonfap
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 7