Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Fallen.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61914

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1660

Crystal Fallen 12W+ Indigo Champion, Heavy Shattered Weathering

Apparently, the interpreted method of enduring a Wait is to Order more via SaberForge's Quick-ship Model of Etsy. Whilst I still frequently headbutt the wall waiting on a Jan 21 Order from Main Site, the following demonstrates (by momentarily pacifying) the readiness and efficiency of Etsy. Well Done SaberForge, I am weak and in order to maintain enthusiasm to a pending Order, I went ahead and committed to another and received delivery of a motivational Fallen.

This was Ordered from Etsy June 23 and confirmed simultaneously. The issue of Tracking Number was virtually immediate and before I knew it (with a delayed Tracking Check) it had already landed in the destination Country of Australia and I ultimately received it June 30. Not bad and quite impressive actually for an International Order and from past experience taking anyway up to 3Weeks just for transit.

Admittedly, Fallen was a Hilt I had never seriously considered before. This was until a Limited Edition Offering was presented on Etsy as a highlighted Listing. Born from SaberForge Customs Shop by the hands of Daniel Lane it had undergone an extensive and rather 'experimental' treatment with an extraordinary attention to detail, consistent to Works by Customs, having Four of them already. Feeling rushed with pondering potential Ownership (as there were limited numbers available) proceeding with may have been an impulsive buy but definitely absent of regret.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Champion Tier 12Watt+ Indigo| Sabercore2.0 Viridian| 37"Infinity V4| Brass Covertech| Brass Elite Blade Socket Plug| Low Profile Mini-Tactile AV Switch with Target Themed housing plate| New Low Profile SF Branded Kill Key| Permanent Crystal Chamber| Heavy Shattered Weathering| Gun Metal Powdercoat.

Hilt Length: 11.60"
Blade Socket Depth: 2.75"

Observations:
Having Ownership of some Hilts from SaberForge already I had decided long ago that of the two Fonts available with Sabercore2.0, Crimson would be the preference and always first choice regardless of whether the Saber was intended as a Lightside or Darkside Hilt. I made efforts to Note this request however it wasn't accommodated and ultimately shipped with Viridian. This may be due to the Listing not having any dropbox options available like Tier Choice, LED Colour etc like the other Etsy Listings. At first unboxing's ignition (to ensure all was well before plugging-in for a complete charge) I was underwhelmed and prematurely disappointed with hearing the Female Voiced Boot Sound. This soon changed.

I prefer Crimson because of the depth and raw brutal themed energy from ignition to swing sounds. Not so much for Viridian because of the Auxiliary Sound which IMO is *meh*. After approximately 2Hours the Charger showed Green and I was good to go. As an after-evaluated conclusion, (this time) it worked out well having the Viridian Font as it offered a nice contrast and difference in ignition sound compared to my Crimson Reborn. Whilst the LED Colour between the two is shared by Indigo, Blade illumination, even-ness and consistency proves more favourably using a 32" over the 37".

It was interesting studying the aesthetic effects of the Heavy Shattered Weathering. I have Light Shattering with Monarch and Medium Shattering with Exalted with now the heavy completing the Trio. The surface scoring, gauging and chip-away is done more heavy-handed with a section of the milled windows surrounding the Crystal Chamber chiselled with a 2mm separation. The Gun Metal Powdercoat is very similar to Black Chrome with the noticeable difference being a lighter shade. This has been finished with a clear coat that provides a light sheen so while it looks like a battle damaged and worn Hilt, still presents itself as a clean Finish.

There is balanced effectiveness of the Brass band on the Emitter, Brass Blade Socket Plug, Brass Covertech with the Ashed-Grey and Black Anodised recessed accents. The Crystal Chamber itself features 3 Stainless Steel Support Rods evenly spaced with a small (observationally, about 1/3 the size of Monarch) Crystal. Very easy to handle either single-handed or dual and is remarkably balanced.

The Mini Tactile Switch was a sore-point for me initially. I did find that it proves to be much easier to ignite when in a completely darked room (fumbling for the switch) however doesn't get accidentally triggered during spins and grip transitions. The New Kill Key is neither here or there. Aesthetics aren't compromised because of it and during use it's pulled anyway. Could a Brass knurled Kill Key heighten the top surface appearance consistent to the other Brass parts? Maybe, but IMO it's enough and it may appear overused.

A great addition to My Collection as an individual Piece able to stand its own and an even greater companion piece as the Twin to Reborn.

**more pictures to follow..
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61916

• OvrcAHst

**more images to follow..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61917

• OvrcAHst

**.. and some more..

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61918

• OvrcAHst

vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37" Blade.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61919

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 625
Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a special collectible! And that crystal chamber makes it a one-off on the planet! How does it feel compared with your Grandmaster and Reborn?

Indigo is a fascinating color. Watch it as the battery drains, and you will see pink, purple perhaps but when the battery is fully charged, it reverts back to a hue of dark blue and purple.

I really like those two slash lines at the pommel (bottom photo, so far). Great effect!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61920

• OvrcAHst
Thank you Ex66,
Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a special collectible! And that crystal chamber makes it a one-off on the planet! How does it feel compared with your Grandmaster and Reborn?
I believe it to be. I've got a feeling based on the Listings that soon followed was, Two Crystal Fallen's were made (remain uncertain if it's a single batched run or more will follow) where the other was a Standard Finish. I've got a favouring towards Red right now and as much as I appreciate Indigo, would have preferred Red. A good question and difficult to answer. GrandMaster and Reborn will always be difficult to surpass, greatly because there was more involvement with the planning and design process where with Fallen, it was a selection of either Yes or No, as is.
Indigo is a fascinating color. Watch it as the battery drains, and you will see pink, purple perhaps but when the battery is fully charged, it reverts back to a hue of dark blue and purple.
Agreed. Am trialling illumination tests with various Vendors Blades, Standard and Coloured Day and haven't quite settled on a favourite as yet.
I really like those two slash lines at the pommel (bottom photo, so far). Great effect!
I too was interested with this observation. The surface scoring seems random however convincingly consistent to impact points during battle. Undoubtedly the application was strategically done, sounds conflicted, I know.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61923

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1318
It is amazing how something that looks like it has been through total hell, can be so beautiful! I decided some time ago that the Fallen had to be among the more comfortable dueling hilts, due to the fact that there are no greeblies, no control box, the surface features do no protrude at all, and it provides plenty of room for a two-handed grip for most. Now that I see what it looks like when you turn the Customs Masters loose on it, well there will just have to be one in my own collection.

Congratulations on another fantastic saber, and companion piece to your gorgeous (Jordan Moll says "Cha-Ching! Please deposit one US dollar for ever utterance of that word) Reborn.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61928

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
Well that's quite the pair, gorgeous saber OvrcAHst! I remember seeing that post and it was gone almost immediately, then a few days later I saw this on a FB saber group.

Apparently they offered 2 versions of this hilt. Regardless a very nice pick up for the collection.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61930

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Great looking hilt! They really nailed the weathering and scarring.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61974

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Your collection must look amazing all together! Another very unique hilt. I'm sorry about the Viridium vs Crimson sound font. I completely agree with your opinions there. However, this hilt is so unique the looks alone with that Indigo blade take the cake!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #61999

• OvrcAHst
Brax,
I decided some time ago that the Fallen had to be among the more comfortable dueling hilts, due to the fact that there are no greeblies, no control box, the surface features do no protrude at all, and it provides plenty of room for a two-handed grip for most.
This I agree with the most part. The one obvious obstruction is the Covertech. As fluid as the Hilt Body is, it kind of makes more sense to have a Tri-Ring. In time though, grip will adjust where the Covertech will simply get cradled by my closed fingers in a two-handed grip (unless of course I remove it and use it for another Hilt). When single handed, no dramas at all. The only additional mention about grip and I'm convinced it's a direct result of the PC and finishing Clear Coat, grip-slip is obvious. Compared to say a Standard Finish raw Aluminium (Epoch) the grip-slip is non existent. If I wore gloves it may improve but a find wearing gloves, even thin ones creates too much separation when wielding the Hilt. The skin on metal contact is important. What actually (marginally) assists with lessening the grip-slip are the milled windows for the Chamber. These little grooves provide an ergonomic finger recess and promotes slight benefits of anti-slip.
Well that's quite the pair, gorgeous saber OvrcAHst! I remember seeing that post and it was gone almost immediately, then a few days later I saw this on a FB saber group. Apparently they offered 2 versions of this hilt. Regardless a very nice pick up for the collection.
Thanks Otto. I should actually extend some more thanks to you as what alerted me of its existence is your Post in Etsy is back Thread. :P so Thank you. Remain quite happy with the Shattered Version over the non. :)
Great looking hilt! They really nailed the weathering and scarring.
Thanks Borom. Customs have remained consistent with their execution. The simulated scars don't seem out of place at all.
Your collection must look amazing all together! Another very unique hilt. I'm sorry about the Viridium vs Crimson sound font. I completely agree with your opinions there. However, this hilt is so unique the looks alone with that Indigo blade take the cake!
HotRod, Yes, The Collection grows. I have a Saber problem and the problem is expanding in multiples. :unsure: With the exception to Fallen as an Etsy Quick-Ship, what I'd really like is to take delivery of my other SaberForge Orders. What seems to gaining more movement are the other Hilts that were commissioned however still with some looooong wait times. So it was you that was solely responsible for the Viridian over the Crimson!? :lol: All good, it is what it is. It's really just the Blaster Bolt deflection of Auxiliary Sound that's not my cup of tea but the swing, motion and ignition sounds still have much appeal, well.. compared to making a startup sound with my mouth. :P Agreed, it is a unique one and Indigo is a beautiful colour. My fascination is with Red now though and when time permitting, will be playing with what psychedelic effects that may result using a Red Day Blade. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62026

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
HotRod, Yes, The Collection grows. I have a Saber problem and the problem is expanding in multiples. :unsure: With the exception to Fallen as an Etsy Quick-Ship, what I'd really like is to take delivery of my other SaberForge Orders. What seems to gaining more movement are the other Hilts that were commissioned however still with some looooong wait times. So it was you that was solely responsible for the Viridian over the Crimson!? :lol: All good, it is what it is. It's really just the Blaster Bolt deflection of Auxiliary Sound that's not my cup of tea but the swing, motion and ignition sounds still have much appeal, well.. compared to making a startup sound with my mouth. :P Agreed, it is a unique one and Indigo is a beautiful colour. My fascination is with Red now though and when time permitting, will be playing with what psychedelic effects that may result using a Red Day Blade. ;)

I wouldn't call it a "Problem", haha. More of a "Fascination". One that takes up more and more space in your home. At least that's what I'm going with. :-)

HAHA :lol: I'll take credit for that. Yeah, that light font on the Sabercore 2.0 board is not bad, but it doesn't give me chills either. I have 2 hilts with it and I am getting pretty close to gutting one of them.

Does your fascination with colors change? This month it's red, next it's blue? I'm into Blues right now. Trying to collect them all. :-)

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62049

• OvrcAHst
I wouldn't call it a "Problem", haha. More of a "Fascination". One that takes up more and more space in your home. At least that's what I'm going with. :-)

HAHA :lol: I'll take credit for that. Yeah, that light font on the Sabercore 2.0 board is not bad, but it doesn't give me chills either. I have 2 hilts with it and I am getting pretty close to gutting one of them.

Does your fascination with colors change? This month it's red, next it's blue? I'm into Blues right now. Trying to collect them all. :-)
It's a fascinating problem but a Problem nonetheless. :lol: Initially when this story began I had a dedicated wall to accommodate a growing Collection. This section of wall was great as it took zero floor space. The first Order then delivered, 4 US Sabers and the momentum began. Reviewing the tally of Hilts that I will own on End-Game far exceeds the walls capacity and have started displaying on Tiered Stands already and while conscious of the wall haven't added the new pieces to it yet as the composition will change and would rather wait than unscrew and tap another hole.

Coincidentally, I too have thought about gutting some, driven by curiosity. However if proceeding with I'd be up the proverbial Creek without a paddle but with a hole in the bottom that can't be plugged. To DIY install, especially with electronics, my Force Powers are on the Destruction side rather the Creation side. ;)

My Colour fascination certainly does change. It's likely the reason I have several multicolour and RGB Sabers rather committing to just the one Colour. Amber will always be my All-time favourite. I have a respect and appreciation for Green, Blue and Indigo but with something I'd gravitate towards, Amber without question, followed by Red, Yellow, Pink and my curiosity is also teased with Frost White. Mint Green, Cyan, Lime Green definitely carries Wow but those are Wild Cards with me at the moment. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62111

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 332
I wondered who snatched this beauty up so fast. Congrats on a truly stunning piece.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62130

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
It's a fascinating problem but a Problem nonetheless. :lol: Initially when this story began I had a dedicated wall to accommodate a growing Collection. This section of wall was great as it took zero floor space. The first Order then delivered, 4 US Sabers and the momentum began. Reviewing the tally of Hilts that I will own on End-Game far exceeds the walls capacity and have started displaying on Tiered Stands already and while conscious of the wall haven't added the new pieces to it yet as the composition will change and would rather wait than unscrew and tap another hole.

Coincidentally, I too have thought about gutting some, driven by curiosity. However if proceeding with I'd be up the proverbial Creek without a paddle but with a hole in the bottom that can't be plugged. To DIY install, especially with electronics, my Force Powers are on the Destruction side rather the Creation side. ;)

My Colour fascination certainly does change. It's likely the reason I have several multicolour and RGB Sabers rather committing to just the one Colour. Amber will always be my All-time favourite. I have a respect and appreciation for Green, Blue and Indigo but with something I'd gravitate towards, Amber without question, followed by Red, Yellow, Pink and my curiosity is also teased with Frost White. Mint Green, Cyan, Lime Green definitely carries Wow but those are Wild Cards with me at the moment. :)

Being new to the hobby, I wondered how far I would go before I starting selling pieces off. Sounds like you haven't reached that place yet. :-) That's not a bad thing.

I like Amber as well. I have a 12w+ Amber LED that I've been looking for the right hilt. I have an all black ASP hilt coming and it might be the answer. I just found an orange AV Switch as well that might suit it. I understand the fear of gutting an existing hilt. Your affinity for Force Destruction vs Creation made me laugh. I understand how you feel. I have 2 Champion hilts that I really want to gut right now (one on order), but now that I've done it, I've got the bug.

I think I like the RGB the most. I love being able to change my mind. That's going to be a future build for me. :-)

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62266

• OvrcAHst
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Well that's quite the pair, gorgeous saber OvrcAHst! I remember seeing that post and it was gone almost immediately, then a few days later I saw this on a FB saber group.

Apparently they offered 2 versions of this hilt. Regardless a very nice pick up for the collection.
This is interesting. Stumbled upon the following image in Google Image Search (as a linked image with unknown source of origin). Either there were 3 Finishes made or shown in the image was a Custom Commission delivered and it's where the Crystal versions made available were inspired from. :huh:

I quite like the Weathered Finish with (written as with Red LED). If what I have and (above) were available Listings side by side, what I ended up Owning may have been slightly different.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62268

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Excellent saber! Goes very well with your reborn. They really give the old and new feeling, respectively. Your collection is awesome, and hope to see a group photo.

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62279

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
OvrcAHst wrote:
=Ottomatix= wrote:

This is interesting. Stumbled upon the following image in Google Image Search (as a linked image with unknown source of origin). Either there were 3 Finishes made or shown in the image was a Custom Commission delivered and it's where the Crystal versions made available were inspired from. :huh:

I quite like the Weathered Finish with (written as with Red LED). If what I have and (above) were available Listings side by side, what I ended up Owning may have been slightly different.

Here's the text from the picture I posted off FB group.

Hey all! I JUST got this in yesterday, but sadly my bank was not thrilled with my purchase, so I must sell so I don't go completely broke. It's a champion tier crystal reveal Fallen, with 12w+ indigo and Sabercore Viridian. This was done by SF Customs and posted on the SF Etsy page as a one of a kind. Price is the original posting price of $650, and will include saber, blade, and charger. Buyer pays shipping. Thanks for looking!

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62322

• OvrcAHst
Muns,
Excellent saber! Goes very well with your reborn. They really give the old and new feeling, respectively. Your collection is awesome, and hope to see a group photo.
Thank you. Am aiming to do another group photo to highlight my collecting obsession but am waiting to reconfigure my display board and prior to that take delivery of a long waiting Order. ;)

Otto,
Here's the text from the picture I posted off FB group.
Hey all! I JUST got this in yesterday, but sadly my bank was not thrilled with my purchase, so I must sell so I don't go completely broke. It's a champion tier crystal reveal Fallen, with 12w+ indigo and Sabercore Viridian. This was done by SF Customs and posted on the SF Etsy page as a one of a kind. Price is the original posting price of $650, and will include saber, blade, and charger. Buyer pays shipping. Thanks for looking!
Thank you for the accompanying text. This explains the two Crystal versions in the Gun Metal Powdercoat but I guess the Jury's still out on the weathered version. Is there any reference to it on FB Group?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muns

CR Fallen SF|Story so far. Pt III 1 year 3 months ago #62329

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst I haven't seen any post on FB group regarding the shattered weathered Fallen. Just the non shattered one like yours. Also glad to know I played a minor role in the acquisition of your Fractured Fallen!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shoto saber design, ISO i... (9 Posts)
    • The 10 switch measures about 1 5/8". That might be cutting it close. Look into a Resilient switch....
    • Component (capacitor) bro... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for that info. Makes sense C1 for capacitor 1 I guess. I'm sure someone on the forums knows...
    • Fall Sale 15% off (18 Posts)
    • Quote: This is a long, long shot. Does anyone know when the next Saberforge Xiphos promo-special might be?...
    • Looking for update on ord... (16 Posts)
    • ^ Same here, agree entirely with Gorobulus. One thing the saber industry has taught me is we cannot...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (9 Posts)
    • Here's what you need to know. The ASP builder and the parts list actually show different...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5826
  • Latest Member: James35
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5028
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 30