Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: What Kind of Story?

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49133

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Help! I've been bouncing various ideas around in my head for quite some time about what kind of story I'd like to write here. I may end up posting all of them, but which one should I construct first?

-Eddlyss' story, a powerful and passionate Jedi Padawan leaves the Order for answers and redemption, but becomes a Silver Knight in the Gray Jedi Order. Set in a theoretical period between the events of Legacy of the Force and TFA.

-An unnamed Sith apprentice's story, a young man void of true passion for killing abandons his Master and seeks a life free of the evil he once commanded. Time period TBD.

-Taya's story, a teenage girl gains access to the world of Star Wars via dreams and a virtual reality 'game' system. There she meets new sides to friends and foes in real life, and realizes that she is part of something far bigger than a mere game. Set in the Clone Wars.

Those are your choices. Help me choose what to write!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49142

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
They all sound fun.

Personally I think you should start with Eddlyss' story for a number of reasons. I look forward to whichever you choose. Good luck!

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49149

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I like the idea of the third one the best. Something I've never seen done before :D

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49151

• Afkor
  • I can't believe I got one! I will definitely saber this moment.
  • Thank you received: 12
They're all good ideas, I can't decide. Let me try to make one.

What about someone in the future sent back to the star wars times. Turns out the movies were historically correct, and our character has seen all of them. He knows everything that will happen, but as he tries to change the story for the better, he ends up making things worse.

But if you don't want to do that than I'm fine with the third idea. It's something unique, I'd like to see how it plays out.
B)
look at those cool glowy stabby things.

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49162

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
Thus far, we have Taya's story at two and Eddlyss' story at one. I'd like to see just a bit more input before starting, so keep the new opinions coming!

Afkor, that sounds like a very intriguing idea! I may have to try that a bit later on!

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49165

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Taya's story sounds awesome. We can create an entire franchise out of that! :)
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49170

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the input MHM!

I've already got Taya's and Eddlyss' stories in the works. Taya's is a one-off, though. I want to really flesh out Eddlyss' character and his transformation from friendly and passionate to cynical and cold and back (spoiler alert!), which is why he gets a trilogy.

Plus, I've got like a bazillion other stories to finish. But Taya's seems to be the most popular here, so that's the one I'll start with. Sorry, nameless Sith apprentice, you'll have to wait.

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49187

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Eddlyss64, :lol: this reminds me of a little while back when you experienced indecisiveness with blade colours :lol: It does look like you are edging closer with a direction and decision. You've referenced before with following Fate. Go with the one you feel most passionate about as this will guide you and help drive the momentum forward becoming an effortless composition. ;)

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49198

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Eddlyss64, :lol: this reminds me of a little while back when you experienced indecisiveness with blade colours

Oh, yeaaaaaaaaah. Forgot about that.

At any rate, this one is a bit different. Unlike buying a saber, a story costs me only time and brainpower to get and I can make/get as many as I want. Like I said, I'll end up writing all three anyhow. I just wanna know which one I should focus on.

What Kind of Story? 1 year 2 months ago #49203

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi Eddlyss64,

I would just echo what OvrcAHst wrote and say follow the story you feel most drawn to, but whilst writing have a notepad (or if you are Techy, have Wordpad open) to write down ALL of the ideas and thoughts you have. This will produce a diary of sorts that is full of ideas, they may not all work in the current story you are writing but may fit into your subsequent novels! Never waste an idea store it for later!

I would also point out Afkor's suggestion sounds a bit like the Star Wars saga, A historically correct trilogy that George Lucas "Revisits" and makes "Worse" by making his changes, which causes Millions of fans to cry out in anguish and anger then are suddenly silenced.

Sorry, back to your story whichever you choose, good luck and don't forget a copy for your Mentor ;)

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119