Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: The Gray truth

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56399

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
A past comment you made about softening the pace when approaching the Writing of Gray Jedi compared to Secret Jedi certainly hasn't faltered, rather managed a strengthened execution of accelerated pace. A great drive Kered as Chapter 5 commences. I recognise the paternal bond developing between Herak and Trux much more than that as responsible Guardian. The urgency with his speech, his actions and his movements demonstrates high concern for the welfare of his recent companion, a conflicted Padawan. The hard defensive external barrier is momentarily lowered as his passion and gratitude are fuelled, prioritising the aid required by Trux. He must prove that this new addition into his life is not in vain and the integrity of the family unit remain uncompromised.

The eagerness to advance against insurmountable odds creates great intrigue. The first encounter was 1 vs. 3 whilst remaining defensive to an inexperienced Trux. She held her own but with great sacrifice. Now, with Racq's support unknown, will Herak's experience and skill endlessly shine as 1 vs. 8, exercising the fury of a Jedi scorned? With no restraints and emotionally charged, will this result in a Sith slaughter? Even with Racq's assistance, the ensuing confrontation will make a very exciting read. Nice Writing Kered, the introduction of suspense has been delivered well. Looking forward to Ch5 Pt2 with much the same urgency as perceived from Herak.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56448

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Ch5 pt2

Racq could not believe Herak would just step out to face so many sith. He didn't know what to do, his friend just signed his own death warrant.
With a sharp curse Racq reached for his saber, starting to walk forward, to help his friend.
Racq could hear Herak raving like a man gone mad.
"Now is the time,I will not be defeated. Come at me if you dare."Herak was screaming
No one moved as blades glowed humming in the still air. Then it was war, as sith flipped and spun coming up fast on Herak.
Racq still sat in the overgrown bush just to the back end of the fight. His friend battled, blocking blows from every direction. He met a blade in the air swinging high,sparks flew as blades smacked off each other.
Watching as Herak flipped back to regain space to swing, then sith converged on him, with a speed Racq had never seen, Herak sliced two down only to be caught on the leg.
The blow knocked Herak to his knee but it didn't slow his response, jumping back up he twisted, giving no ground.
Racq was shocked as Herak pressed the enemy's that out numbered him.
Racq had never seen a Jedi move the way Herak moved now. He realized he still hadn't moved from the safety of the brush, another step forward, only to stop again as the battle raged.
Herak had two sith pushed to the tree line beyond one ship, another blow landing across his back he jumped high to get clear hitting a branch with a barrel roll he was freed again, spinning his saber he fought one then another, bringing both to defeat before turning to face the rest.
Racq just now noticed only four remained. And Herak was speaking again.
"Now is the time, the Jedi rise."Herak called as he slowly walked to the enemy. Racq noticed the sith that remained, never moved from where they stood when Herak entered the clearing.
"Come Sith Lords fight me. I am but one Jedi yet I've taken most all of you down." Herak was taunting them, was he crazy.
Then with little warning two flipped back sabers low as they landed to either side of Herak.
The swings were strong as Herak battled, but Racq could see his friend was slowing. Another step only to stop again as Herak pulled a second blade.
The second blade caught a sith to the right bringing him down. The other flipped back landing near the last two and dropping to a knee the other did as well only one remained standing.
The sith stood tall, shutting his saber down he pulled back his hood, there was the face every Jedi had come to fear.
Darth Pracin stood before Herak grinning for some unknown reason.
Darth Pracin spoke "stand down young Herak, you can't hope to defeat me." Waving to the sith scattered on the ground he went on. "I am the master to these, to all sith really. But this fight is over I could kill you on my own but that's not how I want this to go."
Herak shut his sabers down, then he spoke. " I fear you not Pracin, if you wish to die today I will be happy to help."
Again Racq heard, Pracin laughing. "Very well boy if you think you can come at me." As he said this the sith around him stepped back, clearing the path between the two.
Herak reignited his saber and jumped at Pracin. Before he was half way lighting shot from the sith masters hand knocking Herak down.
Racq was shocked force lighting was a myth, that could not have been possible. Then he heard his name, from the clearing.
"Young Kenobi please come join us in the open."Pracin's voice grumbled.
Racq stepped forward reviling himself. "Yes young man come over here." Pointing to where Herak lay on his back still recovering from the lighting strike.
Racq walked slowly to them wondering how they would get out of this one. As he took another step Herak shot up blades coming to bear slicing out he took down one of Pracin's guards then spun only to be met by the masters blade stopping him cold.
With a flick of his hand Herak shot back hitting a tree but landing feet under him.
Racq reacted when Herak jumped up, pulling his saber, lunging toward Pracin only to have a red blade catch his own.
"ENOUGH." screamed Herak he ran forward two blades swinging only to be beat back by the sith masters own.
Racq brought his enemy down turning to see Herak losing, being pushed back, his two sabers not helping against the much better trained sith master.
Pracin was alone and his fighting showed he knew it with more lightning he knocked Herak on to his back unmoving.
Turning Pracin faced Racq. " two of mine still live and so does your friend. You take yours I'll take mine." Anger thick in his voice, yet Racq felt himself nodding, agreeing with the sith.
Pracin lifting two cloaked men from the ground with them floating behind him, he got on to a ship,within a minute it took off.
Racq looked around two ships remained. Then he picked his friend up,carting the limp body to the open hatch of a ship.
Thinking to himself he wondered
"Did we win or lose?"
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, OvrcAHst

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56449

• OvrcAHst
Excellent delivery Kered, explosive and unrestrained with Herak wilfully challenging each of the eight as they converged upon him. I still marvel at the fact you compose these Chapters spontaneously working towards the ending that you have already determined. A very notable accolade. I imagined nothing less of the independent Jedi projecting his discipline and training through (Racq's eyes) blinding madness. An exciting read with intensity and mystery. The intensity as he dispatched the lesser Sith and the mystery of a past figure with an electrifying presence. Thank You. I read it twice in quick succession much like pausing and rewinding the scene to fully appreciate the confrontation which in actual time, was a quick occurrence.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56454

• Kered
  • Elite Member
I hope to show that even Jedi get angered(hence the gray truth).I also like to bring up questions that seem trivial but mean something in the over all story.(hope that it shows). im not a writer(and don't claim To be) but am a huge reader so I try to have structure as I have read before. The fact that ppl read it and enjoy it makes the writing fun and something I look forward in doing when I get the chance. I can't thank the ones that look In On my little story enough, I do write off the top of my head and don't always have the outcome I had in mind. The secret Jedi was something I just mentioned with the wife and thought "oh how fun would it be if?" But with the grey truth I'm trying to write a story that people can connect to and say oh wow I sure would like to know more. Thanks again all who look in more to follow
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56830

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch6 pt1

As Racq flew the newly acquired ship low across the tree line, he thought about the events that just took place. Wondering how Herak was able to beat back so many sith, and why Darth Pracin was on this planet, coming to their still smoldering ship Racq brought it in and landed softly.
He walked back to the hatch, flipping the switch it opened, as the ramp lowed lien with Zurich, Trux in her arms walked the few paces in to the ship as lien spoke.
"You were not gone long. where is Herak?" The master asked
"We ran into a sith party, Darth Pracin himself led them." Racq answered as they came to Herak unconscious on the floor.
"Lien he did things I've never seen a Jedi do, he defeated many sith before being taken down by Pracin." Then Racq went over the events that led to Herak's injures.
"We are lucky to be alive." He finished.
"No Pracin wanted him alive, you too since he let you leave."lien said
"We must find out why he was here on this world. Look around this ship find anything you can that will help us figure that out."as he finished the three Jedi began to search the ship finding nothing.
Racq thought about the things Pracin had said "this is not how I want this to go." Meaning most likely he was there for Herak or both of them. Soon After they took flight Herak woke beaten but not broken, they finished tending his injuries and he went to sit with Trux silent the whole time.
Racq sent Zurich to plot the course and he went to talk with lien.
Racq wanted to talk with the master to see if he had any ideas what Pracin might want Herak for.
"Herak is a powerful Jedi, one who is very strong in the force, the way he lets his anger take control is known by many. Anger has led many Jedi down the path of the dark side." Lien went on "the past three years studying the ways of the dark side I came across a book, one thought lost, it was written before the Jedi-sith split."
"Split, what do you mean?"Racq questioned.
"It's a long story, but long ago when the first Jedi emerged, it was told that one would come that could control both the light and the dark. Some say Herak is that one."lien said
Racq looked at him puzzled "do you believe Herak to be this one?"
Lien sighed deep saying only "no"
Shaking his head as he stood to leave."I don't think there is such a person. Just studying the dark side brought me to a point I thought I'd never return, I could never watch Herak do that to himself." Then he walked away towards the cockpit.
Racq sat there remembering the anger In Herak as he fought the sith, it was a pure anger and that was something Racq never wanted to see again.
Racq went to the room they had Trux in, knocking softly, Herak called to enter.
Walking though the door Racq looked at the injured young girl, laying eyes closed.
"How is she Herak."Racq asked
"She will live but she will never be the same,her hand is gone most of the injuries on her back should be able to heal fine."he responded not looking away from his Padawan.
"We are coming to the station, these new members of the republic have a tech that will give her back her hand. They are good at healing too. We will dock in about an hour, I've had Zurich radio ahead they are expecting us." Racq said
"A new hand, that will help some.
I also want to apologize for acting rash back on the planet, I let emotions get the better of me, and it could have cost you your life." Herak spoke soft as he turned to his friend.
"It's ok you were a sight to be seen really. You moved like I've never seen Herak. It was incredible." Said Racq a slight grin as he turned to go he turned back "what else is wrong Herak?"
"It's lien when I got back to the ship he was throwing stuff to the ground, said he had a sith attack but there was no signs a fight had taken place just the ship burning. After we dock and I get Trux the help she needs we will ask him the details, but I believe we may have a real problem."shifting slightly he turned again to face his friend. " I think he is helping the sith."

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56873

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Interesting developments; I really like the depth and mystery of this plot so far.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56877

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Thank you borommakot
if only I could be as awesome as you are at writing. I read your story's and makes me want to be that great at it.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #56963

• OvrcAHst
Great composition Kered. I enjoyed reading the glazing calm and reflection that concluded the confrontation in Ch5 Pt2 as Herak (virtually unassisted and singlehandedly) demonstrated his fury. Tending to the wounds and nurturing the casualties you made an exciting introduction of a Prophecy and the possibility of a Chosen One. Whilst Lien voices unconvincingly of his dismissal with whom it may be, his actions suggest otherwise. What is the root of his frustrations, What is Pracin's true intentions and What future is yet to be walked by Herak? Interesting questions raised and effective use of generating perpetual anticipation. Thank You.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #57252

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch6 pt2

With Trux safely in the hands of the med crew Herak went to find Racq. He found him sitting with Zurich right outside the lock to their confiscated sith ship.
"I think it's time to confront lien, I would like you with me if both of you will." Herak said eyes scanning the hall around them.
"Actually I just sent a line to master Co'cre, he said if that is what we suspect. Then we need to bring lien to the new Capitol to stand before the council." Racq replied.
"You told the council? Are you mad, what if it was intercepted? Now we have lost surprise that was the only thing we had on our side."Herak cursed to himself "fine we will go get him, put him In the hold" Herak was cut off by the airlock closing behind him.
" is he still on the ship?"Herak pulled his saber and smacked the control pad it didn't work. The com on the wall near them beeped.
Liens voice came though"well this is not how it was suppose to happen you were suppose to die on the planet, Herak. Now I must destroy this whole station. Darth Pracin never told me he wanted you alive or I would have finished you myself." He went on raving "you think I wanted this I did not but I will do what is needed."
Herak could not believe what was being said his own master fallen to the dark side. He would not stand around and wait to die that was not a choice. He turned to his companions speaking with a low whisper " this station has other ship small fighters. he wouldn't attack alone, that can only mean more are coming, we are going to stop him and any that come to help him." Herak turned the others right on his heels as he ran for the bridge. They skipped the lifts and took the stairs running at full speed Herak was calling out before they were in the room "get defenses ready we are bout to be attacked." Coming to a stop as he entered the room.
The station captain turned to him "we know a fleet just dropped out of light speed not far off. I'm rallying fighters to intercept." Turning to a crewman and gave a few orders.
"I need three small fighters." He pointed back to his friends. "One for each of us. We can help."Herak spoke to him very calm for what was happening around him. crew was running everywhere.
"Do me a favor first your young one is finished with the healing process and is causing havoc in my med bay take her with you." Said the captain.
Herak was shocked at the speed this species worked. "Very well I'll need a two manned fighter if I'm to take her with."
"Done there are plenty of them in the bay now go it's about to get bad two of the main ships have released fighters." Said the captain
Herak turned to Racq "give me a few minutes to get Trux then we will meet you in the bay."
As they all turned to run the station shook knocking some to the ground.
"Run now."Herak screamed at them as he turn the opposite direction sprinting for the med bay.
Alarms were going off in every corridor as he ran. When he saw the door to the med bay it was broken with a mes table laying on its side. Then he heard the shouts of Trux
"I said tell me where my master is now."the young girl stopped when Herak came into view.
"What is this Jedi." She held up her left arm from the elbow down it was mechanical. "It's silver could you not had requested black." A small grin came to her lips. She ran to him a hugged him. " I am thankful to be alive thank you master."
"No young one you saved me, but now we are under attack and I need you to help me if you are able."Herak said to the young girl as he held he back looking into her eyes.
"Let's do this Jedi. What is the problem." She asked
"Lien is working for the sith he and a fleet are about to attack this station." He answered
Eyes wide Trux looked at him, then nodded her head and began to walk out of the room with only a few words. " then let us go kill this liar."
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Kered.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #57272

• OvrcAHst
A very nice addition with Ch6 Pt2 Kered. As Herak fumed with anguish learning of the deceit that crackled over the Com, I too shared a similar vein-throbbing on my forehead moment of distaste and disgust. What appeared like a slow transitioning scene debating on the surprise confrontation soon accelerated and became manic urgency. I couldn't help but chuckle a little at Trux querying whether her new arm came in Black as I immediately thought of MHM making a similar remark. Great writing, the anticipation is real and the desire to know of Lien's fate and how this puzzle comes together is exciting. Thank You.

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #57273

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Well thank you great global mod of ours
In fact a little teaser of things to come I'll be going to the dark side for a chapter or two :)

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #57276

• OvrcAHst
You are Welcome however accuracy states that Thanks are to you. Agreed that whilst the recent appointment is Great, am still just a Mod and long before that I was already an audience to your Writing, a different colour is the only change. You keep writing, I'll keep reading. Darkness is good and I welcome it. It's not always about rainbows and Unicorns, Dark is needed just like the maturity of mushrooms and mushrooms can be magic. ;)

The Gray truth 1 year 1 month ago #57287

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Oooh, way to kick it up a notch, Kered! I love the tension of a race against time.

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58385

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch7 pt1

As lien pulled away from the station, he cut he comm lines. Turning the ship about, while putting a little distance between him and the defense they were bound to be rallying.
As he concentrated feeling for each button and switch he could not really see. Blindness was not something you could come back from not when your eyes were burned out by a lightsaber strike.
Lien never knew why Darth Pracin had taken them, but cared not, he would do as his master commanded. Then his orders were to find what the Jedi planned now he knew some but not enough.
Wishing to himself that Pracin had killed Herak, and the others as he said he would. Now he must do it.
Alarms blasted around him. Then the comm went off.
He reached out flipped the switch and spoke. "This is lien."
A voice came back, it was Pracin "good, lien now we end this. I've brought a small fleet. Today we push the New republic back to thier hiding place. Today the sith take the last steps in ruling the Galaxy. I'm launching fighters join you in destroying this station after this, we go planet by planet we will wipe out this new republic, and the Jedi."
Lien responded "yes master, Herak and the others are on the station, we must hurry, I'll join the first attack squadron, lien out."
He concentrated feeling the darkness inside him then lashing out with it feeling for the ships he was to join. It was always that way now with no sight, wishing he could see again did nothing. He could see you could say, but it was more feeling then seeing. He felt three dozen ships, small fighters, some kind of new fighter. Using the force he got some of the detail of these new ships, a two man pod, with huge vertical wings almost flat.
His comm beeped again."this is tai leader, you now have command, we follow you master lien."
"Roger, stay close the republic has many fighters on this station." lien left the comm open for quick attack options.
" ok." Lien spoke " they are releasing fighters. I want three groups of ten, stay tight and go for the station, the rest find a fighter and take them down."
Lien felt two pilots go down fast. one closer to him then he would have liked the explosion rocked his ship, he recovered, spun and fired.
The openness of space seemed very compact, with laser fire and ships darting in and out. Lien felt out Herak was not yet in the battle. Nor was Racq where were they? He wondered as he took down a small four winged fighter.
As he flew dodging shot after shot he still could not feel his former padawan. He then gathered more fighters to him. "I need five ships on me we are going in close, I plan to destroy the stations defense satellite stay near me and keep my back clear."
"Roger, sir we are behind you tai squad 4 protect master lien." Spoke tai leader then receiving affirmatives from five pilots.
"We pull in close fire with all you got.."
Lien was cut off when two of his attack squad blew up, flying off into darkness.
That was Herak lien could feel it. He opened up a link and spoke"I knew you could not stay away young one." He spoke with anger
"I'm not going to let you get away with this lien. You will answer to the council. Going to the dark side you will be lucky if they only put you down."Herak spit back.
"The council knows nothing boy. Just as you know nothing. Pracin is the leader who was destined to bring peace to the Galaxy, join me." lien said
"That will never..."
Lien cut the comm and went back on the attack. He knew it would never happen. yes Herak was rebellious but never would he give in to the dark side.
"Well I'll just kill them all." Lien spun his fighter dived then with a quick and sharp turn he came up behind two of the four winged ships and took them out.
It was to easy for it to be Herak but he could no longer feel him nor Racq. They must have been on those ships.
As he turned back in to the heat of the battle his comm rang loudly,
"This is fleet control I've been told to tell you we have been infiltrated, they are working though the ship fast. Master Pracin says he needs you on the ship."
"Roger, I'm on my way." Lien cut the line to the ship gave the squads orders and turned to start docking with the destroyer. "That was why I only could feel Herak for a moment they were tricking me, he will not get away with it again." Lien smiled inwardly to himself he had to hand it to Herak the boy learned well.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Kered.

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58396

• OvrcAHst
That was an awesome read Kered. Fast paced and riveting! Following the orchestra lead by Lien without sight however very attuned with vision. Words followed words as I read and simultaneously imagined the aerial dogfight that ensued. I actually thought of the chaotic yet strategized flurry consistent with Gundam 00 (if you've ever watched it). An imagined visual explosion. Thank you. I had actually started to wonder when this next Part would come following the last, having just caught up with reading. Busy with other Projects no doubt. Great Writing.

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58398

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Honestly I re-wrote it about five times I Kept not liking where I ended up so it took a few days to come up with a end point for this part that I liked and seemed like the right place to go but back on track a little bit plus I've been dealing with CS so been a little distracted but all is right now so hope to have more out up in the next few days thanks for looking in

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58402

• OvrcAHst
I was subtly eluding to your CS matter from your Post and Videos so chose to reference it as Other Projects. ;) The Writers Challenge. I can appreciate that you striving for the continuity and flow and even though I read the finished result without seeing the creative construction, remaining undivided to your text is the least I can do, although enjoying what I read is likely the driving force. :)

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58415

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Well, your rewrites turned out well, that was another exciting entry!

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58547

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch7 pt2

As lien docked in the destroyers bay, he saw movement from every direction. People were moving with intention behind them, lien pulled a crewman to the side then asking. "What's happening?" Feeling around to sense three men off at a station putting out a small fire.
The man wiped his brow, "we had four intruders come though, Jedi from the look of them. Well they hit anything they could with those lightsabers, they have destroyed many stations before disappearing into that hall." He pointed, looking around you could see the debris going that way. "Very well get these fires out I'm headed to the bridge."
Lien ran though a door a lift was at the end of the hall he entered pressing the button for the main level. He felt the lift jerk within seconds, shortly after the ship wide comm dinged "this is command, we have lost main power all lifts are down use latter hatches and manual door latches. Stay alert intruders still unaccounted for." With another ding the comm went silent.
Lien concentrating hard felt though the lift, after a moment he found the hatch above. Freeing himself he was still many levels from the bridge. With a slow jog he worked his way to the latter way, as he grabbed ahold he felt someone behind him.
Lien turned to see Herak, and Racq Kenobi standing at the end of the hall.
"This is where you lose lien, come peacefully and no one will be hurt." Racq said you could hear it in his voice he knew that would never happen.
Lien reached down grabbed his saber and pulled it to bear. "Enough talk Racq." Herak said "he knew what he was getting in to."
Lien watched as Herak grabbed his saber pulling it to his shoulder and twisting tight on the hilt, the saber ignited yellow filling the corridor from the green blade, yellow spinning though it.
"Well what are you waiting for?" Lien asked as both stood facing him unmoving. Then from behind he heard another saber ignite turning he saw an open door there stood Trux and Zurich, he was surrounded and out numbered.
With a quick flip back he was standing in front of Herak and Racq. knowing if he was to get out of this he had to take down the two most experienced of the group.
Swinging his blade met Herak's Sparking and bouncing back, he then met Racq's blade much faster then he wanted to. It spun him around there he was face to face with the females meeting blow after blow he pushed back knocking Zurich to the ground with a kick to the mid thigh. a quick kick to the face caught him unaware.
Kick, punch, saber on saber he could not keep this up for long. He reached deep inside and with a scream he let loose force lightning.
The strength of it erupted from every part of his body shooting out hitting his foes, knocking them unconscious. Falling to his knees he to began to see blackness.
He shook his head and looked at the young Jedi before him all beaten but it took a toll on him as well. He stood Looking up and down the hall, he could hear foot steps coming lots of them. He gathered the Jedi's sabers just as Darth Pracin came in to the hall, he had a small grin on his face. "Very good lien," turning to the guards around him giving orders "take them to the hold make sure they are far apart."
As the men gathered the limo body's Pracin turned to lien "come we have need of you, we will discuss what I will be doing with the Jedi later."
"We should kill them now, take no chances master." Lien said
"No I think what I have planned you will like more. Now come." Pracin walked away without another word lien not far behind him.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Kered.

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58553

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
A grim turn of events. Nicely done!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4689
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119