Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66057

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382

I had a whole written review that got swallowed by the forum being buggy this morning :pinch: so here are the pics (which is really all we care about ( ;) ). Quick thoughts are that the Forsaken is a great thin neck apprentice hilt whose design suggests a leaning towards being a darkside hilt. The Dark Red LED is a dark red but my camera's filter does weird stuff to it so it comes out rather pinky. If I have some time later I'll clean this up and add blade pics too.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by h2soy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, Gnost-Dural

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66059

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
THE RED NINJA STRIKES

The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy, Borommakot

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66061

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Sucks that your review got timed out, h2soy. And that's why I write my big stuff in Google Docs before posting!

This saber isn't quite my style, but it's definitely tempting me to get a Chosen or Consular with my Reborn!

And holy crap, is Kouri's edit what Deep Red looks like in real life?

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66064

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
And holy crap, is Kouri's edit what Deep Red looks like in real life?
*squints* I would say yes. Can't accuse it of being orangey. I'll post a comparison pic w/the SF Red later tonight (?). The only kinda wiffy thing about doing that is that since the Forsaken is a TN the light diffusion across a blade isn't stellar. Dark Red is also a "somber" color and isn't as bright as the blues or greens. I have a medium red LED coming that I'll be installing in a Juggernaut within the next two weeks, hopefully it'll be a happy medium (har har har) between the Red and Dark Red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66068

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
h2soy wrote:
Dark Red is also a "somber" color and isn't as bright as the blues or greens.

Bingo. Deep Red sacrifices brightness for the sake of an unmistakable Red. It still puts out a lot of light, but a decent chunk of that is invisible InfraRed light (this "invisible" light is still picked up by the camera, and causes that pink hue in photos).

On the flip side, Red-Orange is the brightest of the Red-trio, at the expense of being, well, extra-orangey. Something to consider for anyone wanting to tinker with the ShopSaberParts LEDs.

Also, while the Forsaken itself doesn't call to me, I recently handled an Exhalted and have to admit - SF thin necks are very nifty.

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66082

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
The deep red also doesn't have a white core, like you would probably see in most photographs. The one I have makes my saber look like a giant, glowing cherry jolly rancher, for instance, but when I looked at it through my phone's camera it showed up much closer to what a red lightsaber looks like on the screen (red with a white core, albeit a bit pinkish).

Edit: I actually haven't altered this photo, it just came out decent colorwise for some reason today.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Snakeeyz99. Reason: See above

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66084

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 492
Lovely! I could never justify purchasing the Chosen TN but Forsaken is different enough to get one.

I am not surprised that Deep Red is less bright than regular Red. It's like Deep Blue is less bright than Medium Blue. The pinky color is "normal" from cameras, maybe just like the strong purple from Deep Blue, which in reality there is very little.
"I am the Senate"

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66090

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
Digging the Deep Red. I was lucky to be able to request it on my Hero Relic. Currently in build process and should be shipping soon ;) Your saber is looking great!!
There must be both dark and light.

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66111

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Beautiful Forsaken h2soy! And what else can be said about deep red? Very sweet saber man. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66112

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Here's the promised comparison pic:

"Deep Red" (DR) on the left, "Red" (R) on the right. There's a very even diffusion of light across the DR blade. However, it's not very bright (think dying embers/sullen glow) when compared against the R which has more base flare when compared against the other hilt. That said this comparison may be somewhat invalid as the TNs don't diffuse light as well as the other hilts. I'll be able to make a more accurate comparison once I get another DR for the Juggy install.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by h2soy.

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 1 week ago #66118

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
h2soy wrote:
Quick thoughts are that the Forsaken is a great thin neck apprentice hilt whose design suggests a leaning towards being a darkside hilt.
Nice Owner Preview. I had hopes to share a similar experience with wielding this however as quick as I received it, it was returned to sender as a Forsaken FootLong. Forsaken. Will likely become old news superseded by another New Hilt when it eventually returns. I actually remain excited about your incoming MR Juggs and how it compares against the others in a 3some lineup. :)

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 4 days ago #66464

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 14
Pretty cool looking. Good choice with the red!

Warrior Forsaken, Deep Red 9 months 2 days ago #66609

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats! Loving that Red! I Juggernauts are getting the Deep Red treatment on Monday. Can't wait!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Unnamed ASP (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Thalassa ;) Now this name I like! Not only is it nautical themed but Thalassa is also a moon of the...
    • Anovos Shoretrooper Helme... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for the review; awesome! Not many people know about Anovos and even fewer give reviews. So...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (731 Posts)
    • The "energy vibration" feature is a small rumble motor (I think the ones that go into cell phones)....
    • Unnamed ASP (21 Posts)
    • Hi Rennek, I have one final name for you, Nautilus. There have been a few ships named after the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5217
  • Latest Member: aqfitz
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4659
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 19