Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt!

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 3 hours ago #78211

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 280
I think it was to make it a better dueling hilt. That box is right smack dab in the middle... I honestly didn't even know it was there for TWO YEARS because it clipped into my character's hands. :silly:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 3 hours ago #78213

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1197
Phil has said in the past that they make sabers, not replicas. That some of their sabers heavily favor some familiar designs is neither here, nor there (which I am sure keeps LucasFilm/Disney off his case). ;) :P
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 4 days 3 hours ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 2 hours ago #78221

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Plodding along...
  • Thank you received: 54
Brax wrote:
Phil has said in the past that they make sabers, not replicas. That some of their sabers heavily favor some familiar designs is neither here, nor there (which I am sure keeps LucasFilm/Disney off his case). ;) :P

There it is...lol

I wasn't actually looking for a 1:1 replica anyway. :) Where to begin looking for the giant, ugly, red button in the first place anyhow?! :P
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 2 hours ago #78226

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip. :huh: If SF's version had that, I wouldn't want one.

Copyrights and Intellectual Property are an interesting thing. All Phil has to do is have Thomas Snyder make just ever so subtle changes to this or that to have it not considered a replica, even though it looks very close to the naked eye. But, he obviously knows exactly how close he can get, given how long he's been doing this. B)

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 2 hours ago #78229

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 280
scifidude79 wrote:
I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip.

But... but it would be accurate! Definitely a "shelf queen", like every control box saber imo lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 4 days 1 hour ago #78233

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
KelbornX wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:
I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip.

But... but it would be accurate! Definitely a "shelf queen", like every control box saber imo lol.

Valid point. My Force FX Graflex owns that shelf. ;) The problem is, sabers I've played with in video games demand to be played with in real life.

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 3 days 19 hours ago #78253

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 123
scifidude79 wrote:
KelbornX wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:

Valid point. My Force FX Graflex owns that shelf. ;) The problem is, sabers I've played with in video games demand to be played with in real life.

I agree! And honestly that hilt is my least favorite from the game. If I can't play with it, it usually ends up for sale.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 1 day 12 hours ago #78416

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 313
Congrats on your Gladius acquisition! Hope you love it as much as I love mine. Call me crazy but it's SF's best design IMO. Solid,simple,beautiful. :)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapine

SCORE!!! My first SaberForge hilt! 1 day 7 hours ago #78421

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Plodding along...
  • Thank you received: 54
It's merely my first SF hilt, so I have no others to compare it to, but I have read from many members here that it's certainly one of the most comfortable in their line-up.

So - SCORE again. :P

I really do love it. It is so very solid, and that choke in front of the switch is pure genius. Just brilliant.

Thanks Greysider. :)
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein
Last Edit: 1 day 4 hours ago by Rapine.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• WIP Reliant custom: contr... (6 Posts)
    • I decided on the dissident body to a couple of reasons, I like the length, I wanted a slimmer look...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1108 Posts)
    • Its been awhile since this thread popped. That is a nice design. I love the reborn body on other...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1108 Posts)
    • Hello Shai Kah, Nice elegant design, almost regal looking (with the clawed emitter representing a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5514
  • Latest Member: mandy
  • Total Posts: 58.1k
  • Total Topics: 4842
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 129
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 43