Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76216

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 602
This is the regular Shock Trooper helmet by Anovos. It is based on their Stormtrooper helmet. Nice for a display piece, as it's quite light and the plastic is thin. Thanks for watching. :)

"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, For Tyeth, CrimsonJax88, scifidude79

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76219

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 99
Awesome! Good to see that Anovos then learned from the other Stormtrooper insides and made these lenses way more practical, although a shame that apparently the material isn't too sturdy then.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76223

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
The lenses look the part but it's harder to see through compared with the other Anovos that I have (those ones are clearer but then my eyes are more noticeable).

The stormtrooper helmets seem to be hardest to make given its shape, lots concave/convex surfaces and what bends that need to join up. I also have The Black Series Stormtrooper and for that price, it's better value than the Anovos version and also much better made (stronger plastic). But as I said, I like the Shock Trooper's look and it's mainly a display piece. So I'm happy with but I would not wear it to go heavy dueling with my sabers. :)
"I am the Senate"

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76232

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Another great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to point out the positives, as well as the negatives of this helmet. Wow, that's some flimsy looking plastic, especially for $350. I was looking at their basic Stormtrooper (on pre-order) because it's not as expensive as some of the others, but if that's how flimsy it is, I'll just get a Black Series. The Black Series is cheaper and, to me, looks just as good. Still, as a display piece, this Anovos helmet is quite stunning looking. The paint job looks really well done, just like in the movie. I like how they even recreated the imperfections, as the movie helmets are hand made and won't be perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76249

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thanks scifi79, agree that's my "recommendation". If you want a good Stormtrooper helmet, The Black Series is excellent for the price - looks the part and the plastic is much stronger than the Anovos. The Black Series looks very accurate, actually cooler in parts that are not accurate. By that I mean for example the blue side gills, on the BS, those blue side gills are slight grooves, whereas the Anovos are just painted on. I'm glad I bought the BS Stormtrooper, I would not buy the Anovos Stormtrooper but I am happy with the Anovos Shock Trooper because it looks good with the red stripes. Best of both worlds. :)

Edit: Oh, there is a voice changer thing in the BS Stormtrooper that run on batteries. But don't expect much from that, it is universally regarded as poorly made gimmick. But the helmet itself is very good.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Anovos Shock Trooper Helmet Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #76254

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Yeah, someone I know on another forum just got a Black Series and he really likes it, even if it is a bit less accurate. But, neither he or I will be cosplaying as a Stormtrooper, it's more of a shelf piece. I've always wanted a Stormtrooper helmet. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shoto Saber Disassembly (5 Posts)
    • Well that helps Thank You, You'd think they would at least put one set of threads in there, but id...
    • You don't. Either superglue it like SF does, or wrap some teflon tape around the threads and...
    • The Last Jedi Trailer #2 (15 Posts)
    • Luke just feels like he is pushed aside, no longer the big hero. Considering he blew up one Death...
    • [FS] SF Exhalted (Champio... (10 Posts)
    • If no one finalizes an offer before then, it's yours! :) Quote: Amazing. If this saber is still...
    • how are you suppose to screw the nut on the bottom of the buttons then

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5786
  • Latest Member: Joss_Sevon
  • Total Posts: 60.2k
  • Total Topics: 4986
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3