• Page:

TOPIC: spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 4 days 10 hours ago #55179

• HotRod
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Macfly wrote:
Yes. Newest software for the sc2 board.
I did format the card before transferring and still cant get that twist with aux feature to work.
Had anyone else here had any luck with it?

Just as an update, now that I have my saber back I am trying to get this to work as well and it does not work for me either. I've also not been able to change my color assignments in the spark color editor (it still thinks blue is red and red is blue). Saberforge told me it can be changed via the editor but I have not found the setting yet. The Options -> Color Settings does not appear to be saved and defaults back every time I open the application.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut
The administrator has disabled public write access.

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 4 days 9 hours ago #55182

• OvrcAHst
  • Platinum Member
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 605
HotRod,
Just as an update, now that I have my saber back I am trying to get this to work as well and it does not work for me either. I've also not been able to change my color assignments in the spark color editor (it still thinks blue is red and red is blue). Saberforge told me it can be changed via the editor but I have not found the setting yet. The Options -> Color Settings does not appear to be saved and defaults back every time I open the application.
I wonder if this problem is related to a MAC based interface. Didn't intend on experimenting with the Config Editor yet (as the twist colour change without Aux doesn't bother me). Time permitting over next few days will test operation on PC to determine if same symptoms exist.

EDIT:
Okay, so being consumed by curiosity decided to bring forward the experiment rather than defer it. I can report that I too had zero success with achieving the change. Makes no difference if I format or don't format the SD with transferring the copied saved data (tried both). It also makes no difference whether you enable the function on just 1 of the Font's sconfig.ini files or all 6. IIRC, Macfly wrote earlier on that the enabled 'checkbox' wasn't saving onto the overwritten SD. This much, I can say I had a different result. The save carries over however the function itself remains unchanged from default.

So, moving forward, unless another Hero Owner comes forward to advise where the error may lie, I have sent an email (whilst I suggested this early on to this Topic, unsure if it was followed through) to Naigon in an attempt to identify the error. If I receive a reply, shall update this Topic.
Last Edit: 4 days 6 hours ago by OvrcAHst.

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 21 hours ago #55322

• naigon
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
  • Thank you received: 16
Macfly wrote:
Went ahead and got win10. Not as bad as i thought.
But i cant get the 'twist with aux button only' setting to work. I open the editor and check the box in the Master tab , save and then transfer the files to the card. Nothing. Teisting still changes colors without having to hold the aux button first.
This editing is not as intuitive as i thought

If you truly did copy the files correctly and it isn't working, it is actually possible that you are using the old firmware which doesn't support that feature. SaberForge buys boards in bundles so it would be hard to say depending on when you got your saber, I'd recommend just loading it to check.

The new firmware is a free upgrade and you can get it from my site here:
http://saberigniter.com/sparkcolor2.aspx

Click the "SC2DefaultFiles.zip" on the right-hand side, and you can do 1 of 2 things:

1. Format your SD card, and copy the entire contents to your SD card. This will erase any settings you've changed.
2. Copy your SD card to disk like c:\SC2. Then, from my SC2DefaultFiles.zip, copy just the /dat folder's contents into c:\SC2\dat. Finally, format the card and copy the files back over. This will preserve settings.

After doing this the card will actually take the changed setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 21 hours ago #55323

• naigon
I've read thought the entire post, and I'm sure the above advice will solve most people's issues that cannot get the twist to work. If you only download the new ConfigEditor, you'll be modifying settings which are not present on the old firmware, and of course they will get ignored. If you copy the files as I showed above on your card and use the new config editor then everything will work as expected.

To recap, you need BOTH the new config editor AND the new default files /dat folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, HotRod, Davin

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 19 hours ago #55328

• HotRod
  • Premium Member
naigon wrote:
I've read thought the entire post, and I'm sure the above advice will solve most people's issues that cannot get the twist to work. If you only download the new ConfigEditor, you'll be modifying settings which are not present on the old firmware, and of course they will get ignored. If you copy the files as I showed above on your card and use the new config editor then everything will work as expected.

To recap, you need BOTH the new config editor AND the new default files /dat folder.

Thanks, Naigon! I installed the new Spark Color 2 Editor from your site and it's running on a Windows Server VM. I've also pulled your latest files. I'll take a crack at this and let everyone know what I find. Thanks!

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 18 hours ago #55331

• HotRod
  • Premium Member
naigon wrote:

First off, thank you again, Naigon for posting here! :-)

I wanted to be thorough. Here is what I did:

- Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Spark Color Editor. I am on version 5.0.0530.0

- I formatted my SD Card (since I am running a mac, I used Disk Utility

- I downloaded the files that Naigon pointed out on his web site and copied them to my card.

- I deleted all of the color folders and copied my original color files to the newly refreshed SD Card.

- I went into the editor and checked "Require Aux Button When Twisting" and reset my default color for each font.

And WALLA! Now it works. The color twist only works with the Aux key now. I am certain Naigon is correct and all that needs to be done is replacing the dat folder so you can keep you settings, but I wanted to start fresh with the default files.

Thank you, Naigon for jumping in here!!!!

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 10 hours ago #55357

• naigon
Really glad that works for you! I think most people on this thread that cannot get the hold aux + twist to work need to do this step.

As for the original question, yes the Mac port is coming but it is an outsource project so I cannot really give any updates as I haven't really talked with my friend that is working on it. I would think that with Parallels running Win 7 you should be able to use it that way though.

Also, .Net is Microsoft's runtime environment, and specifically you need to be on version 4.5 or lower. If you have 4.6.1 you need to uninstall and reinstall version 4.5. You can get it directly from MS or just get it from the Config Editor zip file that is on my site. Microsoft basically wrecked a couple things going up to 4.6.1, and it is just another thing I don't have time to address right now, sigh. Why Microsoft why must you punish me, LOL.
Last Edit: 2 days 10 hours ago by naigon.

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 10 hours ago #55359

• HotRod
  • Premium Member
naigon wrote:

Also, .Net is Microsoft's runtime environment, and specifically you need to be on version 4.5 or lower. If you have 4.6.1 you need to uninstall and reinstall version 4.5. You can get it directly from MS or just get it from the Config Editor zip file that is on my site. Microsoft basically wrecked a couple things going up to 4.6.1, and it is just another thing I don't have time to address right now, sigh. Why Microsoft why must you punish me, LOL.

I had that problem all the time at work on several apps. Ugh...okay don't upgrade .Net Framework. Glad to know Mac version is in the works. How often does the Editor see updates? Just thinking this will be another app that has to be maintained...not that i am complaining. I am just thinking of you.

spark color 2 editing for those of us with macs 2 days 8 hours ago #55367

• OvrcAHst
  • Platinum Member
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 605
naigon wrote:

Thank you naigon for taking the time out of your busy schedule to acknowledge and engage in replies through our personal email exchanges and especially for chiming in at the Forum directly with providing a solution to the troubleshoot.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP- Alastar (7 Posts)
    • I love this. You picked the weathered emitter and switch I'm hoping to get when ASP goes live. How...
    • New Member Introduction T... (1997 Posts)
    • Guess I could introduce myself... I'm Garth, from Amarillo, Texas. I've currently got 15 sabers,...
    • Question on Saber Stand (8 Posts)
    • Not sure what the deal is, but I had trouble with the threading on my triangle stand. Took the...
    • Green/brown leather 12w+ (19 Posts)
    • Amazing Saber dude! I will soon order a Sentinel too. Amber Sentinel Hero Edition with bronze...
    • New Member Introduction T... (1997 Posts)
    • Well now its my turn, already postet somethings here but hadnt found this Topic. Hi Guys im Marco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4102
  • Latest Member: damiandouglaslim
  • Total Posts: 40.2k
  • Total Topics: 3003
  • Total Sections: 11
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 127
  • Yesterday Answer: 170