Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Wait Begins 4.0

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62121

• Valkaryie
  • Thank you received: 3
So just to be 100% clear, USPS will send me an email separately saying the product is actually on its way? Or do I have to keep checking?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62122

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
You'll need to check the tracking, unless you've requested updates from USPS.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62124

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
You'll need to check the tracking, unless you've requested updates from USPS.
That ^^. The Tracking Number contained within SaberForge's Email sometimes is just numerical reference, sometimes is actually an embedded link that opens in USPS' Site. Regardless, once in USPS, you can either register to be emailed or alerted by SMS by USPS with any movement or bookmark the webpage in your Favourites and check 10-15 Business Days from now (or everyday, the frequency is entirely up to you). ;)

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62125

• Valkaryie
Thanks so much for the info!!! I can't wait to have that puppy in my hands!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62126

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
BoostinIX wrote:
For those DIY'ers, this stuff is officially awesome:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y49R7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only comes out when you squeeze the sides, I'm never buying super glue again.

This is definitely worth noting and I second this. I used this on my last build and it is very easy to use and doesn't run!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: BoostinIX

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62129

• OvrcAHst
and doesn't run!
:lol:

:dry:

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 1 month ago #62146

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
OvrcAHst wrote:
Yes. The preshipped status will be the activity log when you search the Tracking Number on USPS Site. The 'shipped' email from saberforge simply indicates it's in the build queue.

hey, mate, you're from oz as well right? i was wondering how long it takes from portland to australia. i got my in-transit notification today. :woohoo:

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62149

• OvrcAHst
hey, mate, you're from oz as well right? i was wondering how long it takes from portland to australia. i got my in-transit notification today. :woohoo:
Hey Gnost-Dural, Yep and it depends. When you write you got your 'in-transit' do you simply mean the Shipped Email from SaberForge similar to Valkaryie or is there movement with your assigned Tracking Number?

EDIT:
If you just got your Shipped Notice (presuming there's no shortages of Parts) an estimate of 10-15 Business Days is noted. In the past, SF rotated on 4 x 10Hr Days and may or may not have changed to 5 x 8Hr Days or even something else. So generously: calculate Business Days=4 or conservatively=5 with Real-Time being up to 3-4Weeks until the Package is sent/picked up by USPS.
^^ This presuming it's a Main Site Order. If it's an Etsy Order the Shipped Notice is virtually immediate (or up to approximately 3Days).

From Portland after the 'Pre-Shipment', next Activity Log should usually be 'Picked Up' and after that a combination of either Post Office in Oregon City or USPS Facility in Portland. Then to another Facility in Los Angeles before it catches a flight to Oz.
Here at Mail Handling Facility, if it's quick about 3Days, if it's long up to 10Days and then to your door. You will know if it becomes short or long in Australia by the Activity Log. If it reads 'Held by Customs', you'll have to wait until they Post out the Letter, satisfy the Conditions and due process before it resumes.

Presuming no interruptions occur, from Portland to Australia, approximately 2Weeks. ;)
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnost-Dural

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62159

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
in a nutshell, the email said "arrived at usps facilty" in portland. so 3-10 days? hmmm, sounds about right.

i purposesly split my order into 2 separate sabers so i wouldn't have to pay tax. fingers crossed.

thanks a lot for the quick reply. cheers!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62160

• OvrcAHst
No sweat Mate. Which State (or Suburb) are you, in Oz? Depending on what you Ordered i.e. Tier, Hilt Type etc., whilst paying two Deliveries is a logical method (have done that a couple of times), there was a good chance if you kept them together you could have still avoided the Import Tax as you may have been under the threshold and exempt. ;)
"arrived at usps facilty" in portland
If your latest Activity Log reads this^^, since it's 10pm on a Wednesday, if I had to take a punt, I'd back Tuesday/Wednesday next Week. ;)

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62168

• Autski
  • Thank you received: 7
Got my "Shipped" notice this morning at 8:49 Central Time (Which means either they have an automated system or someone is up at 6:49 sending emails, the latter would impress me!).

Ordered 4/13
"Shipped" 7/6

I ordered a PS 12w Green Champion and an Acolyte 12w Purple Champion.

Excited to finally be able to duel with my wife! We also bought a house and are moving from our apartment, so we will now have plenty of room (and yard) to have some epic and fun bouts. :cheer:
Own: Avenger, Arctic Blue, 12w Champ
Waiting: Prodigal Son, Green 12w Champ
Acolyte, Purple 12w Champ (wife)
Wish:
Bastion, Red 12w Champ
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by Autski. Reason: PST is only 2 hours difference from CST. Oops.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62174

• mitchr
First I would like to say hello to all of the amazing people in this forum! I ordered a Champion edition Katana matte black on 5-19-16 and cannot wait for its glory to arrive! That being said, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience in making a costume? I have to assume we all buy sabers for more than decorating our homes, lol. I want to fully immerse myself in the ways of the Sith (as a ninja Vader) so if anyone has any suggestions for a first-timer I would welcome them gladly! Thanks and I look forward to posting pics off my new baby when it arrives!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62190

• Valkaryie
Checking daily even though I know it takes 5 days!
Can't wait to have it in my hands!!!

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62198

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Autski wrote:
Got my "Shipped" notice this morning at 8:49 Central Time (Which means either they have an automated system or someone is up at 5:49 sending emails, the latter would impress me!).

PST is only two hours behind CST, so they would have been sending the email at 6:49PST. I got my email at 6:01PST yesterday. Regardless of the exact time, that's still early to be sending emails. With as much as they've been trying to catch up lately, it wouldn't surprise me if they were in that early.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Autski

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62199

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
I would imagine the server scans for all orders that changed to Shipped in the last 24 hours, then batch-emails them all with the appropriate generated tags and tracking from the order.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62200

• Autski
  • Thank you received: 7
You were correct, SublimeDelusions. I have since corrected it!

Either way, I know those people are jamming on getting stuff done. I can't imagine owning a company that does so well in such a short amount of time. They are really capitalizing on the new batch (explosion?) of all these new Star Wars movies coming out, as they should be!
Own: Avenger, Arctic Blue, 12w Champ
Waiting: Prodigal Son, Green 12w Champ
Acolyte, Purple 12w Champ (wife)
Wish:
Bastion, Red 12w Champ

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62216

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
My first ASP hilt with be here tomorrow! I have 2 words for that....Woo HOO!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62221

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
mitchr wrote:
First I would like to say hello to all of the amazing people in this forum! I ordered a Champion edition Katana matte black on 5-19-16 and cannot wait for its glory to arrive! That being said, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience in making a costume? I have to assume we all buy sabers for more than decorating our homes, lol. I want to fully immerse myself in the ways of the Sith (as a ninja Vader) so if anyone has any suggestions for a first-timer I would welcome them gladly! Thanks and I look forward to posting pics off my new baby when it arrives!

I have relatively limited experience with some prop building and some costume stuff so I don't know how much help I could be. There is also a subforum on here for some of the costumes, and I know that there are plenty of people who have done it before and can probably offer some good help or at least ideas.

When it came to ordering my first saber, I let someone pick (I'd been debating which one to get for over a decade) which one they felt fit my personality best, and they went with the Redeemer. From there I decided it might be fun to try and put together something based off of the "Mythos Obi Wan" statue. So, I'm fumbling through it a bit now too.

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62248

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
  • Thank you received: 42
YASSS!! I just got my shipping mail and it made my day omg.

Ordered 4/17
Shipped 7/7
Pre-shipment ?

Champion tier Venom, SaberCore Crimson, Weathered Finish, 12W+ Red LED

The Wait Begins 4.0 1 year 4 weeks ago #62254

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
No sweat Mate. Which State (or Suburb) are you, in Oz? Depending on what you Ordered i.e. Tier, Hilt Type etc., whilst paying two Deliveries is a logical method (have done that a couple of times), there was a good chance if you kept them together you could have still avoided the Import Tax as you may have been under the threshold and exempt. ;)
"arrived at usps facilty" in portland

If your latest Activity Log reads this^^, since it's 10pm on a Wednesday, if I had to take a punt, I'd back Tuesday/Wednesday next Week. ;)

am from the central coast, nsw. ordered two champion asps from igg. good thing that i ordered separately, coz the second one is stuck in saber limbo, still in pre shipment.

well, i'm hoping it'll be anytime next week. from your keyboard to saber god's ears. ;)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2479 Posts)
    • Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of good people here with an impressive amount of knowledge and...
    • Lurkers are always welcome!
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (68 Posts)
    • I ordered the MK1, I absolutely cannot wait! I've been waiting for this day for a long time
    • I just signed up after lurking since last June, hi all!
    • MPP MKII Is Up For Pre-Or... (15 Posts)
    • I ordered the MK1, initiate tier. I'll be sending it to a saber smith for a full custom intall....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5448
  • Latest Member: Davidanism
  • Total Posts: 57.3k
  • Total Topics: 4800
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 39