Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dark Brown Leather Wraps

Dark Brown Leather Wraps 4 months 4 weeks ago #76395

• Nathan530
Hello!

I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather wrap but before I do, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this specific wrap. Whenever I search for it online I find a variety of colors ranging from extremely light brown all the way up to very dark brown (examples below). Also, the Saberforge website does not have a picture of this wrap in the color examples section for some reason. My goal is to have a very dark brown wrap to match the darker blue of the blade. Ideally, it would match the wrap on the heretic page on Saberforge.com (https://saberforge.com/products/heretic?variant=40118512074). So if anyone has any experience or suggestions as to how to get the color I want that would be great! Thanks! :)

Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Nathan530. Reason: Added link to the darker picture
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dark Brown Leather Wraps 4 months 3 weeks ago #76429

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 342
I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I agree that the colors differ from pic to pic.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Dark Brown Leather Wraps 4 months 3 weeks ago #76432

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Have you thought about buying the wrap from a local fabric shop? That way you can definitely make sure you're getting the color you want. I'm thinking about ordering a Sentinel without the wrap so I can do the same thing.

Dark Brown Leather Wraps 4 months 3 weeks ago #76433

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 170
If it's not as dark as you want, you can always take shoe polish to it. Of course, if it's too dark, then that won't work.

The problem is that leather varies in color. They can probably get a pretty consistent "regular" brown, though even that will vary slightly, but the dark brown may have even more variation. They probably have a color range that qualifies as "dark," so that's what they use.

Dark Brown Leather Wraps 4 months 3 weeks ago #76440

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 267
get some dark brown leather dye off amazon for a couple of bucks.

do thin coats and wipe off the excess until you get the color you want.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Darth Squidious.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• What your saber says abou... (11 Posts)
    • OK, I'm in. Shai, your hilt design at first made me think Sith, but with your choice of blade color,...
    • What your saber says abou... (11 Posts)
    • Because I very much enjoy this game, I am going to go ahead and judge all of the sabers in this...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (223 Posts)
    • Quote: Just got my shipping notification! Hopefully yours wont be far off too. It took about 2 weeks to get...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (223 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Wow! These are some awesome sabers people are receiving! Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my 2 x...
    • We need New parts in ASP (22 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: The problem with adding Crossguard emitter sections to the ASP store is this: They would then have...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5999
  • Latest Member: WTRR
  • Total Posts: 61.7k
  • Total Topics: 5142
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 20