Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: I Decide Saber Color Based Mainly On:

Favorite Color 3 8.3%
Looks / Character of Hilt 17 47.2%
Collecting Different Colors No votes 0%
Combination of Above 16 44.4%
Total number of voters: 36 ( HotRod, Immortal Android, maverick777, Brvdical, 308BJP ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How Do You Decide On Color?

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21514

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
One of the hardest decision I think is color when it comes to buying a SF saber. We are just spoiled for choice, which is great! If I count correctly, then there are sixteen solid colors available! Assume for a moment you are not getting the Hero edition, how do you decide on color?

I have gone around and around in circles with this one. I have decided that, over time, I shall get all sixteen colors one by one. They all look great. But mainly driven by the character of the hilt design.

I did a poll based on what I think might be choice motivators. By all means if you have other ways, please share! I would love to know.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Execute66. Reason: Edit text
The topic has been locked.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21516

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
I feel your struggle! It varies for me really. For my first saber, I chose the hilt I liked best and paired it with my favorite color (in this case, deep blue). Second was my ASP build and I opted to build a very "sithy" looking saber and naturally paired it with red. The Guardian is next on my list and I will get it in green for screen accuracy. I too have grand plans for a saber in each color, which will likely be a mix of canon and personal aesthetics. I guess it boils down to "whatever feels right" for me.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by MrSynergy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21517

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
The only caveat is that I attempt to refrain from having two of the same color until my collection grows to large to avoid it. B) Not that I don't find some of them worthy to own more than one of a particular color, I just want to maintain the widest breadth of variety so long as it is possible.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21519

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah, I try not to duplicate colors. But, I kinda broke that rule already... :blush:
It doesn't help that future releases that interest me are very Sithy.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by JebidiahJee.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21521

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Sounds very reasonable! I also try to avoid duplication of colors. At the moment I do not duplicate. But when The Count saber is released, I feel I have no choice but to pick the most suitable color for it - Red. I already have Red with the Mauler Staff (in production queue).

I think ultimately a range of colors is what makes a nice collection in my humble opinion coupled with a nice range of sabers that go with it.

I group the colors for myself as follows,

4 Blues = Light, Arctic, Medium, Deep
4 Greens = Lime, Mint, Green, Cyan
4 Yellow Reds = Yellow, Amber, Blood Orange, Red
3 Purples = Pink, Purple, Indigo
1 White
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Execute66.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21523

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
This is a difficult choice for me as I don't get Hero or QD. First selection will always be purple if that color suits the saber and my needs. For example I love it on my standard Champion Venom. If I had this saber in a weathered hilt, probably would have opted out for red or blood orange but not with the Crimson font.

Would not consider placing purple on a Gladiator. Have one in arctic blue but wish that it was with a yellow blade since it is in the old arena version with bronze stingray wrap. For me the newest standard sleek modern styling seems to look really good in cyan and most other lighter cool colors. The matching or complimentary hilt wrap provides a nice finished look.

Then I view what others have chosen and I want many of those as well. The mint green is calling out to me. :ohmy:
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Dauntless 7.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21524

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
Dauntless 7 wrote:
This is a difficult choice for me as I don't get Hero or QD. First selection will always be purple if that color suits the saber and my needs. For example I love it on my standard Champion Venom. If I had this saber in a weathered hilt, probably would have opted out for red or blood orange but not with the Crimson font.

Would not consider placing purple on a Gladiator. Have one in arctic blue but wish that it was with a yellow blade since it is in the old arena version with bronze stingray wrap. For me the standard sleek modern styling seems to look really good in cyan and most other lighter cool colors. The matching or complimentary hilt wrap provides a nice finished appearance.

Then I view what others have chosen and I want many of those as well. The mint green is calling out to me. :ohmy:

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21525

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
Sorry all. Was trying to edit my message and ended up with two versions instead. Can't delete one of them so therefore I will stand by what I have said. :P

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21526

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
ultimately once you've decided, go to the ASP builder put background on grey and build as close a version of what you desire. Then change blade colors. I 've found that it's the best way to get the closest representation of their colors. Very helpful tool.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21531

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
D. All of the Above

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21577

• Hellrazoromega
  • Premium Member
  • “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm Jediphile so Sith colors or hilts are not really an option for me (to me that means red, blood orange,,or orange even though red is the only canon Sith color), just personal preference. Anyway, I wanted unique colors you don't see often, at least not in my area, so I went with Indigo and Cyan for my first two sabers.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21600

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
For my first one I chose the colour I used the most in the old PC games Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy: Amber, with my next choice most likely going to be the other colour I used, Cyan.

Other than that, I try to choose a colour that compliments the hilt when I'm messing around in the ASP site.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21602

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
I must say it is a tough decision. My first hilt design warranted a dark side color. I liked yellow, but didn't want red so i chose blood orange. My second saber, just a week later, to be Jedi inspired. Which green or should it be blue? I choose Cyan a combo of both. I think ultimately after my bank account recovers LOL
I will try to build my own with color change option. Might cost an arm and a leg but it will let me choose from the entire spectrum and hopefully will end the addiction!

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21621

• galade120
  • Thank you received: 6
=Ottomatix= wrote:
hopefully will end the addiction!
The addiction never ends! :evil:
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by galade120.

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21622

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
TRUTH !

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21651

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
I'm a sucker for white and purple blades ...
Back in KotOR I & II, I always used those two colours. In SWTOR, I use either one of those, I play a Sentinel DPS mainly so dual wielding FTW! (I also play a Guardian and a Consular, this way I can play either tank, DPS, or healer!).

I usually give my characters white hair, with a lightly tanned skin and use only purple crystals!

But! For my first SF saber, I'll most likely go blue for an Obi Wan inspired saber, the Redeemer!

How Do You Decide On Color? 1 year 8 months ago #21655

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
For my first and only saber(so far) I went with green because of Quinlan Vos. But I think my next sabers will be red,indigo,deep blue-in that order. Just have to decide on hilts and of course get the funds together. Oh yeah,frost white too.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5282
  • Latest Member: BratikMa
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5