Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars Lightsaber Designs Ultimate Resource

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32708

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 988
Hi Nausicaa,

I recognised the Darth Zaanah and Krayt Fang saber, and found this description on the Sabersmith's website,

"The lightsaber of Darth Zannah I designed this version of Darth Zannah’s lightsaber as a custom commission to be based on the character and description from “Rule of Two”, by Drew Karpyshyn. It’s really two complete sabers in one. To keep the cost of this saber closer to $3000, I used a **********in one side and a ********** in the other end. The sound cards are both high end pieces of ************, and I fine tuned them to match each other in blade intensity, flicker, Flash on Clash, and motion sensitivity. The design is a faint reflection of the elements of the Darth Bane saber I designed a few years ago. Krayt Bone elements, brass, and curved lines, harken back to the saber of Zannah’s master. The Banes’ Heart crystal was selected by the client and sent in to me. I built a secure chassis to fit it, and allow for sound to pass through the chamber. -"

I have redacted the names of the soundboards with asterisks to avoid advertising and removed the web address just to be careful! The sabersmith is very well known for a series of videos on Youtube, which I have recommended members watch in the past for tips and advice.

Kind Regards

For Tyeth

p.s. Here's the pic of Darth Zannah ignited,

and the link

http://genesiscustomsabers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_1941-wmark.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Added pic
The topic has been locked.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32712

• Nausicaa
  • Thank you received: 10
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Nausicaa,

I recognised the Darth Zaanah and Krayt Fang saber, and found this description on the Sabersmith's website,

"The lightsaber of Darth Zannah I designed this version of Darth Zannah’s lightsaber as a custom commission to be based on the character and description from “Rule of Two”, by Drew Karpyshyn. It’s really two complete sabers in one. To keep the cost of this saber closer to $3000, I used a **********in one side and a ********** in the other end. The sound cards are both high end pieces of ************, and I fine tuned them to match each other in blade intensity, flicker, Flash on Clash, and motion sensitivity. The design is a faint reflection of the elements of the Darth Bane saber I designed a few years ago. Krayt Bone elements, brass, and curved lines, harken back to the saber of Zannah’s master. The Banes’ Heart crystal was selected by the client and sent in to me. I built a secure chassis to fit it, and allow for sound to pass through the chamber. -"

I have redacted the names of the soundboards with asterisks to avoid advertising and removed the web address just to be careful! The sabersmith is very well known for a series of videos on Youtube, which I have recommended members watch in the past for tips and advice.

Kind Regards

For Tyeth

p.s. Here's the pic of Darth Zannah ignited,

and the link

http://genesiscustomsabers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/IMG_1941-wmark.jpg

Yea i read all that as well, also watched a youtube video of it being shown off.

What i cant understand is that on the front cover of the 'Rule of Two' and other places, it shows her saber looking like Maul's (Maul obviously took hers as inspiration).

It looks nothing like these ones, with bone and a black colour. Unless it is described in detail INSIDE the actual novel looking that way?

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32713

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
For Bane, I've read the trilogy twice and both times I thought I remembered seeing something about the bone accents. Unfortunately, while Karpyshyn is a terrific writer, he had barely any description of either Bane's or Zannah's hilts besides their abilities in battle. Though I've always had the impression that Bane's saber had bone in the design, I never really got that from Zannah's.

Bane's saber: "This hilt was smaller, and it was fashioned with a strange curve, giving it a hooked appearance. The Blademaster ignited the lightsaber: its single blade burned a dark red."

Zannah's: "The handle of Zannah's lightsaber was slightly longer to accommodate the twin crystals required to power the blades that extended from either end. However, while most traditional double-bladed weapons had blades each measuring a meter and a half or more, those of Zannah's lightsaber were slightly under a meter in length."

Besides that, very little description.

Also, I wouldn't rely on the Rule of Two cover. Bane never used a straight hilt.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Snakeeyz99.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32714

• Nausicaa
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
For Bane, I've read the trilogy twice and both times I thought I remembered seeing something about the bone accents. Unfortunately, while Karpyshyn is a terrific writer, he had barely any description of either Bane's or Zannah's hilts besides their abilities in battle. Though I've always had the impression that Bane's saber had bone in the design, I never really got that from Zannah's.

Bane's saber: "This hilt was smaller, and it was fashioned with a strange curve, giving it a hooked appearance. The Blademaster ignited the lightsaber: its single blade burned a dark red."

Zannah's: "The handle of Zannah's lightsaber was slightly longer to accommodate the twin crystals required to power the blades that extended from either end. However, while most traditional double-bladed weapons had blades each measuring a meter and a half or more, those of Zannah's lightsaber were slightly under a meter in length."

Hmmm, okay cool, good work :) Zannah's I can leave alone then.

For Bane, im under the impression that he had two sabers. One purple one (his original), which I have in the list, and one red one (his curved, hooked bone one) which only appeared once.

Is this true?

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32716

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
Nausicaa wrote:
Snakeeyz99 wrote:

Hmmm, okay cool, good work :) Zannah's I can leave alone then.

For Bane, im under the impression that he had two sabers. One purple one (his original), which I have in the list, and one red one (his curved, hooked bone one) which only appeared once.

Is this true?

I believe the Sith Lord who had a red saber and a purple shoto was Sith Lord Darth Revan. From my knowledge....he was the only one to have such a combo.
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32718

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Nausicaa,

Book illustrations and cover art doesn't always match the descriptions in the stories inside, as they can be created at different times without communication between the Author and Illustrator. This happens with concept art as well as you have discovered, as a result this is what makes this project difficult. Art work and films get "Re-worked" so finding the definitive image of a hilt will be hard.

kind regards

For Tyeth

EDIT: Sorry this is late being posted I just went to get something to eat!
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by For Tyeth.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32719

• Nausicaa
@CallMeMistaJ - I meant two different lightsabers at different times rather than both being wielded at once, sorry about the confusion! :whistle:

@For Tyeth - Hmm, well I guess that means there can be two "interpretations" of it. More choice for everyone! I just need to find this novel description of them both to be sure so they can go in the list.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32723

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi all,

This is why I felt it was a difficult task, even two images of the "same" lightsaber from different manufacturers will be different, partly copyright related, partly the Sabersmith's creative input.

However I have found this Darth Revan pic for you and the hilt looks suspiciously similar to a Reborn.

Link:
http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/electronic-arts2014/bioware/theoldrepublic/Revan610

kind regards

For Tyeth

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32727

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 189
Nausicaa wrote:
@CallMeMistaJ - I meant two different lightsabers at different times rather than both being wielded at once, sorry about the confusion!

This largely depends on whether you are willing to trust the "Bane of the Sith" comic. In Rule of Two he definitely uses the red, curved lightsaber throughout. During the last battle in the book: "'The handle!' Raskta gasped as she scrambled to her feet. The warning caused Farfalla to notice the hook-handled lightsaber of his enemy..."

As a Karpyshyn fan I would trust the book more, but the comic was released 5 years earlier.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32734

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi all,

I have just watched the SW Rebels season 2 trailer and regarding Ahsoka's twin sabers, I think it's one of two possible reasons.

1) Ahsoka was kneeling meditating with the two sabers resting on the floor pointing towards each other emitter to emitter, then she lifted them up vertically then drew them apart as the two blades ignited filling the gap between the two hilts.So your eyes weren't deceiving you =Ottomatix=!

2) Maybe Ahsoka's sabers can be clipped together when not in use by the emitters. I don't think this is the case though as I've heard she carried her sabers on her belt one on each hip.Or maybe she didn't want to buy some blade plugs from SaberForge! :lol:

Kind regards

For Tyeth

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32735

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 553
Time 2:04 in the trailer. Screen right on dojo wall. Various lenght curved sabers? Could these be versions of Ahsoka's sabers, or maybe this is where she got them?

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32738

• Nausicaa
Well....Revan / Darth Revan. His story is.....long and complex!

What a guy. Apparently is the biggest badass around. Also seemed to use a million sabers, using all kinds of colours including violet, blue, green and red!

Found two hilts, using purple and red. Not found convincing enough evidence to show him using green and blue, especially on different hilts.

If you're looking to make a Revan inspired hilt, these are the colours he apparently used:

Revan: Blue, Green or Violet
Darth Revan: Red, Violet or Blue
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Nausicaa.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32793

• Nausicaa
Added Jacen Solo, new category of Emerald :woohoo:

The hilt is pretty obvious looking, at least the emitter part of it, the middle is obscured so it is up to interpretation. That being said, the interpretations I can find get the emitter all wrong! :dry:

Cant find any saber designs for Darth Caedus, you can only see the top of it on the 'Legacy of the Force: Revelation' book cover.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32796

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Nausicaa,

Creating more work for yourself with another category?

Well for your hard work I did find these pics however they may be small,

Jacen Solo Padawan (1)

Jacen Solo Jedi Knight (2)

Here's the link to the page:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/web/Histories/historyJ.htm

Hope these are of use,

For Tyeth

EDIT:
p.s. There are probably a lot more of these hilts on this site!
Lord Tyranus / Count Dooku Straight hilt

Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Added Count Dooku pic

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32798

• Nausicaa
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Nausicaa,

Creating more work for yourself with another category?

Well for your hard work I did find these pics however they may be small,

Jacen Solo Padawan (1)

Jacen Solo Jedi Knight (2)

Here's the link to the page:
http://www.thelightsaber.com/web/Histories/historyJ.htm

Hope these are of use,

For Tyeth

p.s. There are probably a lot more of these hilts on this site!

Haha theres not many in that category, shouldnt be too much of them i wouldnt think :P

That purple one is apparently Anakin Solo's, which is another character for another time! Looking at Darth Nihilus at the moment.

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32801

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi again,

Ooops my mistake, it was listed as Jacen's while he was a Jedi Knight but there was a note saying check for Anakin Solo as well, where Anakin Solo died protecting his family from the Yhzzan Vong. It was then recovered and given to his older brother Jacen.

I'm old and still learning all this stuff haha!

For Tyeth

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #32802

• Nausicaa
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi again,

Ooops my mistake, it was listed as Jacen's while he was a Jedi Knight but there was a note saying check for Anakin Solo as well, where Anakin Solo died protecting his family from the Yhzzan Vong. It was then recovered and given to his older brother Jacen.

I'm old and still learning all this stuff haha!

For Tyeth

Tell me about it :P

Ive only ever watched the films, so reading up and seeing all this is brand new to me. Good reading though :)

In-Universe Lightsaber Designs Mega List 1 year 11 months ago #33048

• Nausicaa
Any chance this can be stickied as it's a resource of sorts? ;)

Star Wars Lightsaber Designs Ultimate Resource 1 year 11 months ago #33164

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
I hope Knytiri can do us a solid and sticky it or something, maybe add it as an official thread of some sort?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Star Wars Lightsaber Designs Ultimate Resource 1 year 11 months ago #33249

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Nausicaa,

Not sure of the context of this cover as I haven't read a lot of Graphic Novels (comics) but it shows Yaddle and Ki-Adi Mundi.
It is the Dark Horse Star Wars (Republic?) comic titled "Emissaries of Malstare".
Yaddle is pictured using an ORANGE saber though the hilt is obscured, and Ki-Adi Mundi has a PURPLE blade. As I say I am not sure how accurate this is, as, in an early ROTJ comic when Luke is brought before Vader on Endor, Vader ignites Luke's saber and it is RED! (Pictured below. This was later corrected in what I think is called a Retcon.)

Yaddle and Ki-Adi Mundi

Link:
http://f.tqn.com/y/scifi/1/L/d/D/1/-/Republic16.jpg

Enlarged Pic:

Link:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6e/SWREP16_cropped.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150701030705

Early Luke and Vader pic from comic

Link:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5f/LukeRedSaber.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100316171303

Again I hope these are of use,

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Resized pic
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• BANE mk2 - chrome/black c... (4 Posts)
    • Quote: During the wait period, several ideas came to my mind for the finishing of the hilt. [attachment] ... [attachment] [attachment] ...
    • I do not know which version to go for. Both seems good in my eyes. Waiting for Bane lovers'...
    • Different finishes of Her... (6 Posts)
    • I believe the first pic is with the "dark brown" leather. It definitely looks darker than the ones...
    • that weathered and gold looks awesome, id totally get that myself

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6417
  • Latest Member: Mealbow
  • Total Posts: 63.8k
  • Total Topics: 5399
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 0