Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2.

Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2. 4 days 5 hours ago #89281

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 328
I bought one of these not too long ago from Ovrcahst and after doing this install, which was the biggest pain in the ass, I'm glad I did buy the one from Him..anyway this began when I bought that one and showed it to a couple people, and then they wanted one for thier mantle.

So lets start with the spec's, It features a NBV4 w/pex RGB tri cree XP-E2, 3000mah 18500 battery, 27mm railmaster hi bass 8ohm speaker, and a 12mm RCP, and a small tactile switch in "clamp card" area.
The challenge of this build was that basically at the mid section of saber where the body ends is all you have for your install, the threaded area of the middle of the saber is you heat sink, then to add insult the speaker vent is not in the pommel but the lower section of the body. and then comes pre drilled for a switch where I put the RCP, lets say its super tight.

On this part I wish I took pictures, but I had to make a chassis using a 1 inch section of thinwall blade tube( no 3d printed chassis would work on this) , it works great beacuse it securly fits into the bottom side of the middle section/led heatsink, and then I mocked it to fit the battery, and notched so the Nbv4 could but attached on the battery, drill hold through for the switch and Rcp, Once I tested it all, I hot glued it in place and heatwrapped it. I used some nice foam padding to make it snug in the hilts body(1.10 in the hilt), lastly I had a 1.10 bass speak holder 3d printed in my inventory and just ran the speaker wires forward, with a quick connect to allow acces of SD(need long tweezers lol) By pulling the speaker out, I have about a perfect 1inch gap between the speaker and the back of the battery/chassis/soundcard assembly. I made a brass mesh insert to hide the wire from the speaker going forward and give it some flare.

Lastly was the switch, I had some left over tactile from my Count build so I just drilled a hole, mounted it and hot glue it in place, the other hole is so you can unscrew the switch box if necessary, i'll be filling it later with a trim brass rod, to look like a switch, I just ran out.

All in all on this build It was a challenge, I had fun, and Im glad I bought mine with a prizm already installed, I'd of dreaded making that card work in this lol.
Last Edit: 4 days 5 hours ago by Vechaljian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, DK44, scifidude79

Roman Mara Jade V2. 4 days 5 hours ago #89282

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 216
Looks awesome man! I’ve never seen this hilt before—-I like it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vechaljian

Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2. 4 days 4 hours ago #89291

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 344
That’s awesome, thanks for the share. I’ve never seen this one either, so I’m really glad you posted it. Also, that’s super inventive, using blade stock to make a chassis. Great work all around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vechaljian

Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2. 4 days 4 hours ago #89293

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Vechaljian wrote:
I bought one of these not too long ago from Ovrcahst and after doing this install, which was the biggest pain in the ass, I'm glad I did buy the one from Him..
All in all on this build It was a challenge, I had fun, and Im glad I bought mine with a prizm already installed, I'd of dreaded making that card work in this lol.
:lol: I started reading this thread and was puzzled why you swapped out the prizm for a NB.. then the coffee kicked in.. :oops:

Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2. 4 days 4 hours ago #89296

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 328
I’d only swap out the prizm 4 for a 5.1 if I was gonna do that, but it works great as is so that’s not happening
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Roman’s Props Mara Jade V2. 4 days 4 hours ago #89297

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Vechaljian wrote:
I’d only swap out the prizm 4 for a 5.1 if I was gonna do that, but it works great as is so that’s not happening
:P
The spiralling effect of the accent LEDs through the body vents will be something I'll always remember.. A nice addition to your growing mantle. Thanks again. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• "DIY" Star Wars... (120 Posts)
    • So not really the thing I am looking for. And I already own a robe from a different online store...
    • SF experience (28 Posts)
    • Quote: People bitch just to bitch. they feel it some how vindicates their situation, all the while doing...
    • 3D printing parts (77 Posts)
    • Who wants one [image]
    • Saber will not connect to... (4 Posts)
    • You say the editor can't find it and it doesn't activate, does that mean there is zero response to...
    • 3D printing parts (77 Posts)
    • Here's the black one this is my least favorite I think because it doesn't glow at all...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6828
  • Latest Member: mccraige
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5794
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 56