Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54068

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
I've been playing SW:TOR for about a total of two or three hours now (still on starting planet, and I'm a very slow game player since I love exploration) as a lightside inclined Smuggler named Aidrein Kazz (who may or may not get his own little Star Wars story when this is all said and done). So far, I'm enjoying the crap out of this game. The combat was a bit weird to get used to at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. Now I'm a pretty good shot!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54072

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
If you do all of the class quests, planetary missions, exploration missions, heroics, and flash points for each planet, you will get a very involved, story rich experience. Your XP will likely put you well ahead of the max levels for each planet long before you are ready to move to the next one, but their system of auto-exemplaring takes care of that.

If you like crafting, I suggest you start with AmorMech. Mainly because you can craft your own armor all through the game. The other disciplines are fun too, but that is the one that seemed most useful to me when I first started.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54127

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
How far along are you now Eddy? And what server are you on? Asking so I can join ya and keep you company :)
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54164

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
MommyHoldMe wrote:
How far along are you now Eddy? And what server are you on? Asking so I can join ya and keep you company :)
Well, to be honest MHM...

Just kidding! I believe I'm on Harbringer right now. And my memory with locations in the hame isn't up to point yet, so I don't remember where I am.

It's okay if you don't hang out with me, I'll be doing a Jedi story playthrough with a friend of mine on livestream when I finish the Smuggler story, so you can join on that if you want! :)

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54172

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Stream on twitch? Whats ze link? And I am down to join anytime. Most of us are on Harbinger.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54180

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I hope I can get around to finishing at least one story this summer. I've heard such good things about them.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54197

• Drahem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
i finished the first main story of Jedi Knight. Haven't started the extras. Trying to finish the Jedi Consular story.
I own, Relic, Archons x2. Bane x2. Templar.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54274

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
Yeah. It's definitely true that you usually were best off sticking in one tree, but not always. For leveling, I was splitting my sage between a couple of trees so she was ok for healing but still usable for DPS; with the Disciplines system, I had to go pure healing. (That did, at least, get me to start controlling and paying attention to my companions more rather than just letting them do their own thing.)

I'm sure EA would never release the info, but I'm curious to know if they've actually gotten an increase in new players from the dumbing-down changes. I hope so, because it would be annoying if they made a change that annoyed experienced players without any benefit. I do know that my wife finds it easier now than the first time she tried a couple years ago; on the other hand, she was annoyed by the overpowering of companions, too, which makes me think that was probably a fail across the board.

yes like you describe but the thing with me i mixed 2 things in a talent tree to suit my way of playin the character im playin as
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax. Reason: Fixed quote syntax

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 year 1 month ago #54293

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Drahem wrote:
i finished the first main story of Jedi Knight. Haven't started the extras. Trying to finish the Jedi Consular story.
Future note for anybody figuring out what order to play in: there's an Easter egg in the Knight storyline--I think it's at the end of Chapter 1--that you'll only pick up on if you've finished Jedi Consular first.

(Drahem--and anybody else who has already beaten both--PM me when you're done with the Consular story and I'll tell you what it is, unless you plan to play another Knight soon.)

More generally, there are a lot of interesting references across classes--it's one of the things I like about TOR. For example, I know of at least three companions, each of a different class, who mention they worked together in their various backstories. There are several other ways the classes interweave--some of which I probably haven't even noticed. :) I'm looking forward to playing through each class a second time to see what I pick up on that I missed the first time.
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedikind

Star Wars: The Old Republic 9 months 4 weeks ago #66087

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
I played SWTOR for a couple more hours today. I'd been having problems closing the game for the longest time now (it would crash and I'd have to close it with Task Manager. Once it goofed up my screen resolutions :( ), so I did some research on how to fix it. Downloaded DirectX 9c, and now it works great!

Anyways, Adrien Kazz's deal was getting a bit frustrating (sucked at the game lol), so I started a Jedi Knight file with an ancestor of Eddlyss. I believe his name is Jsuudi. Something like that.

Anyways, now that I've gotten the controls down after a ton of experimenting, I'm enjoying the Knight story far more than I enjoyed the Smuggler story!

Star Wars: The Old Republic 9 months 4 weeks ago #66106

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
They both had their merits, but after doing quite a few of the class stories, the ones for the Jedi, and Sith were the most interesting. Second to those would be the Trooper on the Republic side, but mainly because he managed to...ummmm...hook-up....with one of his associates along the way. Not that there was anything terribly exciting, but it was an unexpected turn of events for a Star Wars game, and it fit the story line nicely rather than being gratuitous.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Star Wars: The Old Republic 9 months 4 weeks ago #66126

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Man I've completely forgotten about this game. I really should go back and play my Sith Marauder again! I was really enjoying the storyline for the Sith so far.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 5 months 1 week ago #71236

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 220
Came back to the game a few weeks ago and played the last two expansions (KOTFE and KOTET) straight through. BioWare is doing a great job on the original story-telling, though it could be done a bit better to accommodate characters that aren't Force-users. While the general outcomes are largely the same regardless of your choices, they got a lot better in KOTET at making your choices matter (you can permanently kill off some main characters).

On the other hand, they have almost completely killed PvE progression. No new (real) endgame content in well over a year, some classes are fundamentally broken (Sage/Sorc DPS the worst), and RNG lockbox gear grind is the worst thing they could have done (they're adding tokens to bosses in 5.1, but still...). PvP could use some love as well; just feels stale at this point. There's still enough to do to hold a casual player's interest, but hardcore raiders are not having a good time right now.

I still love the game because Star Wars, so you can probably find me on Shadowlands playing either Malikaa (Shadow), Rukol (Jugg), Anire (Sentinel), or Rinniish (Sorc).

As far as 1-50 class stories go (which is where any newbies will be starting off), I'd have to give my recommendations to: Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Consular. The Agent story is just hands down the absolute best one. You're basically Space James Bond (or James Bond Villain). Warrior and Knight give you a better view of what's going on with the Sith Emperor, and ties in nicely to the Shadow of Revan and both Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne expansions. The Consular story ties in to the planetary stories as you're leveling, and gives you a larger view behind the scenes of the Galactic Civil War that you won't get otherwise.

The other class stories are... okay. Smuggler is basically a giant treasure hunt, Bounty Hunter is... bounty hunting (*le gasp*), Sorcerer is a scavenger hunt with a twist, and Trooper is just terrible compared to the rest. Sorc and Smugg are good, but they don't tie into anything else really. I found BH and Trooper to just be dull.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Trades (3 Posts)
    • I get that, like I just figure to say something cuz I wouldn't mind it but most people wanna build...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Yes, I am trying to go through and fix these images now. One way or another, my posts will be fixed...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Looks cool in the model viewer (as well as the other two you posted). If all of those dead links...
    • hitoren? (42 Posts)
    • Haven't gotten mine yet, though they just sent out another Kickstarter update the other day....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (746 Posts)
    • I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5272
  • Latest Member: AlbertKt
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4699
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 10