Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reborn.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54412

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
So, like I mentioned, I had a few teething problems with this saber - but full credit to SF for taking care of things quickly and well when I reached out to them, so it's time for the review!

Like many people have said, the Reborn is surprisingly comfortable - the spines help to fit the body into your hand for a very natural grip, though I agree it's not great for a two handed grip.

What surprised me was actually how relatively narrow the body is - from the various pictures and videos I'd seen, I expected the top of the saber to be a bit thicker and bulkier than it was - instead it's really quite graceful.

I'm also a very big fan of this:

Putting the covertech in the pommel (well, really the flared base of the body, since the pommel is basically a screwed in cap) really works for me. It keeps it out of the way so it isn't getting in the way of your grip, and gives you a lot more flexibility on how you hold the saber. I'd love to see SF go this direction with Covertech placement on future designs.

And of course I can't review this without talking about the unique emitter:

The claws look great, but they can be a pain for getting...well, anything done. Taking the plug out, swapping LEDS, putting blades in, it's all just a little more complicated, and since a lot of groups doing saber fencing like TPLA and Saber Legion are starting to ask people to remove claws before sparring, it makes the Reborn more of a cosplay and trooping hilt for me. I still think it's beautiful, and I like it, but it's worth thinking about.

Now, about that purple....

Since we have a purple and an Indigo in the house, it was interesting to compare them. The purple comes out a bit warmer, and I think the Indigo "pops" a little bit more, but I have noticed the purple does cool down a bit more under bright lighting.

If you want a really strong, royal purple, I'd suggest a purple day blade from TCSS or VV to really help the color stand out. If I were putting together a Revan costume, I think I'd consider it pretty strongly.

That's about it for the saber, but since there's been some interest in quick connects, I thought I'd show that off too:

Step 1, as usual, is to remove the blade plug and loosen the LED retention screw, then tilt or tap the hilt to slide the LED out so you can get to the quick connect:

Note: MAKE SURE you get the QC out of the hilt before you tug too much on the LED. Having to try to fish the wiring out of the hilt, especially on the Reborn? Not fun.

Disconnect your LED, and in this case I'm popping in an amber LED I picked up to use in a couple of my other hilts:

Ta-da!

Slide the LED back into place, secure the retention screw again, and you're in business!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by BZArcher. Reason: Editor ate part of post?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, RyanRising

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54413

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Wow you got you a nice saber there I'm really liking that purple nice review I'm now a fan Nice one congrats
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54416

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Very nice! The Reborn certainly is a very unique lightsaber, fancy looking and surprisingly comfortable. This reminds me that I need to fly the Reborn I built in KSP. Can't now, though, I have school. :unsure:

Thanks for the review BZArcher!
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54429

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Spiffy saber you've got there! Really wanting to grab a Reborn with Purple and Blood Orange Quick-connects and doing a custom sound install.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54433

• cmasters16
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
OP

Can you elaborate a little more on the contrasts between your purple and your indigo? Maybe post a picture of both colors side by side.

Strongly considering another saber in either color but not sure which color I'd prefer.

Please and thanks esse

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54463

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I really like the in depth review and pictures, Archer. Reborn looks pretty comfortable to hold as well. I love how that purple looks on your Reborn. Congrats bud.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54529

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Great and honest review! Great pics too! It's interesting how you could think one thing about a saber and then someone does a thorough review and shows you some good points that can change your mind.
- Light em up

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54531

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
The Reborn is already a sweet hilt and the purple blade makes it even more so. Congrats and enjoy!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54555

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
BZArcher, Congratulations with another successful delivery that is your DT Reborn. Nice write up and excellent work including the QC Tutorial. Have a question for you.
It has been written that the LED retention screw was concealed beneath one of the claws within the switch section. All of your photos show that the 3 claws are still attached though. Has an update occurred to this Hilt enabling easier access? Would you mind taking a picture of the LED retention screw location relative to the switches? Lastly, how many retention set screws are there for the blade?

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54577

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
That's an awesome saber! Purple and the Reborn seem to be a color of choice these days!
"I am the Senate"

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54594

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
I'll need to wait for my wife to wake up before doing a side by side photo, but here's some pics of the retention screws and claws - as you can see, the blade retention and LED screw are now on the main body and fairly easy to access. I haven't actually tried to remove the claws - they're not using a hex screw to secure them on mine, so I'm not 100% sure I can, at least not easily.

As to the purple, well, it's pretty much SWTOR canon, so. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #54619

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Thank you BZArcher. These minor improvements I dare say will certainly make accessibility much more convenient. Say, do the spines (in your handling experience) still have a slight bow (specifically to one) as you grip it? *or are there now additional mounted screws in the spines now where they line the body?*

EDIT: All good, my Reborn arrived and have since answered my own question raised.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst.

12W+ Purple DT Reborn (Warrior Tier) w/ QCs 1 year 1 month ago #56172

• Darth_Apprentice9
  • I love star wars and The legend of Zelda
Love the saber the reborn with the 12W+ purple always goes with it in my opinion. It easy to spin?
"You under estimate my power!"
Anakin Skywalker Episode III
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5257
  • Latest Member: Jwon15
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0