Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 5 months 6 days ago #76417

• jml5308
  • Thank you received: 20
I'm looking for suggestions on how one might get a yellow flash on clash with a red main blade on a tri-cree/rebel. Some combos that come to mind are pR/pR/G, pR/R/G, pR/pR/Lime, pR/R/Lime, or even swapping out the green/lime with a warm white. I'd prefer keeping the main color pR/pR, but I'd do a medium red if it meant an easier time getting a good yellow. I'm not sure which of those combos if any would produce a good yellow over a coppery orange. Perhaps any of those combos could work with the right resistors and/or drive values on the FoC channel? Anyone have any experience or thoughts on getting a good yellow FoC?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 5 months 6 days ago #76418

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 408
To get a good yellow, you'd need to bring the reds down quite a bit during FoC. The "best" would be RRG, though pRpRG would work too - you'd just have to fiddle with it a bit more to get the shade you want (I have this planned for a future build).

With RGrB (so only 1 red and 1 green): 500-700,1023,0 (Plecter settings) makes a good "golden yellow", and you can see there the ratio that you'd need to take the reds down. If you're wiring both reds together, you'd need something like 200-400 on them to not just get orange (though I do like "fire orange" FoC with red).

The absolute BEST yellow(s) though are made with RO/LG or PCA/LG. I have a Xiphos with LG/PCA/W (NBv4, no PEx) and it's pretty much Crayola yellow. I want to try the RO/LG at some point too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jml5308

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 5 months 6 days ago #76423

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Also depends on your soundboard and how it does FOC. That said if you have a board capable of mixing colors for FOC a green diode paired with the reds will.give you virtually any yellow you can think of (you'll.just have to mix it).

If you want a truly bright FOC you will want to have all three LEDs powered. Pc amber with reds on an "on top" type FOC creates a nice yellow orange FOC which looks fantastic.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 5 months 5 days ago #76424

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 408
That too. I feel like "on top" is best with XXY LEDs, rather than RGB.

Especially if you're using color profiles - set one font to have G as "on top" (focmix=101), then swap to a color set that doesn't use G ... and your FoC is now just a static color change and doesn't actually "flash" at all.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 5 months 4 days ago #76447

• jml5308
Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll play with the resistor values to see what I can end up with. I figure the lime will propably overpower the two deep reds (the Luxeon Lime is supposed to be super bright) so I can probably get something good there; I know Shameem tried a pR/A/Lime in one of his videos and he said he had to drop the lime to about 350 (out of 1023) to get a good yellow. Not sure what to expect with the warm white one so I'm excited to try that one out as well. So, I'll see what I get once I get them and wire'em up.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 4 months 3 weeks ago #76541

• Takamatsu
  • Thank you received: 64
I was able to get a decent red with yellow FOC a couple of years ago by using a red-red-green-cree. Using a Nano Biscotte V2 and a DPDT switch I was able to swap the colours between main and FOC.
The yellow was more of a 'gold' than an absolute yellow though.

The best yellow I have found to date is using a Rebel Lime/Amber Combo , with this particular saber I opted for red-orange as the FOC (In case I needed more red adding to the mix I intended to use the red-orange instead of the amber).

See the videos for colour examples.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 4 months 2 weeks ago #76815

• jml5308
So I received and wired up my dR/dR/Lime LED and here are some photos of how the yellow turned out. The entire saber isn't wired up yet; the LED is just wired up to my testing breadboard. The lime as expected almost overpowers both deep reds and creates a really nice deep looking yellow. There's a tiny bit of red still poking through which can be seen in the photos, but with it being the FOC color, it probably won't be noticed much if at all. The photos don't quite show how rich the yellow looks, but in person it looks really nice. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Both deep reds on (max drive of 700ish mA each):

Both deep reds on with the lime full blast (1000mA) (same exposure as the above photo just to show how much brighter things became)

Same as the second picture, just with a lower exposure so it's not as blown out.

yellow FoC with tri-cree/rebel help 4 months 2 weeks ago #76822

• Gen Croix Man
  • Premium Member
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 46
Holy Force! That looks amazing.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• What your saber says abou... (16 Posts)
    • Shadowdactyle likes to make his presence felt by his prey, swooping down and striking then slipping...
    • Dayblades and White LEDs (8 Posts)
    • Thanks for the clarification and the photos; as you said, it's mostly just different shades of...
    • ASP Champion for Sale (2 Posts)
    • Message sent
    • Dayblades and White LEDs (8 Posts)
    • Updated the OP with photos. Didn't bother trying to color correct them this time. The Red and...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6073
  • Latest Member: DonaldzKer
  • Total Posts: 62.2k
  • Total Topics: 5190
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 48