Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saberforge Prodigal Son

Saberforge Prodigal Son 5 months 3 weeks ago #76448

• sweetbabyray42
I am trying to do an electronics build on a Saberforge Prodigal Son initiate tier hilt, and I had a few questions:

1. If I bought a Saberforge 12w led, would I be able to wire it for flash on clash?
2. What types of soundboards would support a 12w led?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge Prodigal Son 5 months 3 weeks ago #76454

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 420
1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or custom LED. For example, Deep Blue (4x Royal Blue dies) wouldn't change colors if you wire it for flash, but you could wire an Arctic Blue LED (2x Royal Blue, 2x Green dies) to have a Deep Blue (or Green) blade that flashes to Arctic Blue. Similar with a Purple module - you could have a Red (or Royal Blue) blade that would flash to Purple.

2. The NEC Spark 2 or Plecter NBv4 (Nano Biscotte v4) would be the best picks for a SF X4 LED. Both of them have 2 direct drive LED channels on the board, which would allow you to either mix or use each single color of a 2x/2x or "6w/6w" LED (as explained above).

Other boards are capable of supporting a "12w" LED are, well... pretty much all of them, to one degree or another: Plecter Pico Crumble, Prizm v5, and Crystal Focus v8; and the NEC Spark Color 2 and Igniter 2. I think a few of those (Prizm, CF8, Igniter) are overkill though if you're not using RGB. The only board that really had a problem was the NBv3, since the main blade channel had such a low Amp rating.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sweetbabyray42

Saberforge Prodigal Son 5 months 3 weeks ago #76461

• sweetbabyray42
Thank you so much for the help!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (17 Posts)
    • Given I have this issue on two different SaberCore 3.0s (one the ASP version I installed into an...
    • I updated the firmware several times now, but I'll try again. Not much success with this method,...
    • Tonight's Christmas Viewi... (7 Posts)
    • Hi jbl420, You're welcome. It's not often I get to recommend stuff that you guys might like to see,...
    • 1. Update firmware 2. Tune your for each font settings differently (as to compare settings...
    • Everything necessary for ... (3 Posts)
    • Welcome. I don't think you need the Stunt Warrior battery charger because the SaberCore 3.0 Plug N...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6250
  • Latest Member: Awaseen
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5272
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 41