Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Lime & Green Tri Cree LED

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88531

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 215
Saw this pic on a facebook post--they were discussing possible green colors for a Luke ROTJ hilt. They were talking about plain Green, plain Lime, or mixing both. I really like the way the color turns out when mixing both the green with the lime. I tried looking for a custom Tri Cree XP-E2 led with that combo but I'm unable to find anyone who makes it. Does anyone know where one can get that color for a Tri cree XP-E2 led? I'd be interested in it for a future build i'm doing...TCSS only has green, green, white

Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 hours ago by DK44.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88533

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Did you try led supply? Custom 3 up?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DK44

Lime & Green LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88534

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 494
Lime is only available from Luxeon.

LED supply would be able to do one. The Lime/Green mix looks almost perfect in pics to the ROTJ green. Not quite a prefect shade to the naked eye, still has a little too much yellow. If you can put them on a board that allows color mixing you could dial in a perfect shade though.
www.etsy.com/shop/thekybershop

www.facebook.com/jasotsabers

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88539

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
Vechaljian wrote:
Did you try led supply? Custom 3 up?

I will definitely check them out—-thanks!

Lime & Green LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88540

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
Jas-Ot wrote:
Lime is only available from Luxeon.

LED supply would be able to do one. The Lime/Green mix looks almost perfect in pics to the ROTJ green. Not quite a prefect shade to the naked eye, still has a little too much yellow. If you can put them on a board that allows color mixing you could dial in a perfect shade though.

Thanks Jas. I will check it out. On that same post they were talking about Luxeon. I’m gonna look into this shade of green...definitely don’t want it to be too much yellow though. Gotta see if i can find more pics of this color for sure

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 3 hours ago #88544

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
I've got a LS6 coming up sooner or later, I know I'm doing a prizm 5.1, I did not decide if I wanted cree R/g/RB or cree green/green/red(or white), and now lux green/lime/red(or white)....

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 2 hours ago #88553

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
Vechaljian wrote:
I've got a LS6 coming up sooner or later, I know I'm doing a prizm 5.1, I did not decide if I wanted cree R/g/RB or cree green/green/red(or white), and now lux green/lime/red(or white)....

Just looked at LED supply—the lux green/lime/white is on sale right now! Have you used these 3 Up Luxeon led’s before? Are they pretty decent? I noticed they don’t have a hole drilled in the center of the LED for the wires like the Tri Crees do. Is that something that can be added after?

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 2 hours ago #88554

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
I think I did use one, and it came with the hole, picture I believe is wrong, but I’d just drill the hole myself. Why white and not red? Isn’t the flash better suited as red since in ROTJ he fights Vader? I’m debating back and forth between red or white for the flash, also if I use R/G/B mixing all 3 give me white so option 3.

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 2 hours ago #88555

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
Vechaljian wrote:
I think I did use one, and it came with the hole, picture I believe is wrong, but I’d just drill the hole myself. Why white and not red? Isn’t the flash better suited as red since in ROTJ he fights Vader? I’m debating back and forth between red or white for the flash, also if I use R/G/B mixing all 3 give me white so option 3.

Never thought bout using red for the flash but that might actually be kinda cool, hmmm decisions.......

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 2 weeks 2 hours ago #88556

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Now that I think of it I did use a lux deep Red/Deep red/white on my DV6, I bought that hilt on eBay for around 200 and it included the led from led supply, and it did have the hole.

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 1 week 6 days ago #88595

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 207
In the interest of disclosure, both Jas and myself have had issues with LEDSupply LEDs before. After the 3rd issue I stopped using them and went back to Luxeonstar. Pay a little more, but it's been perfect every time. Mitigate the cost by getting multiple, save on shipping ;)

That said, this is the same green Shameem uses in his Ahsoka/Ka'Tano builds if you want video of it. I've used it in a couple and it's my favorite green combo.

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 1 week 6 days ago #88598

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
BoostinIX wrote:
In the interest of disclosure, both Jas and myself have had issues with LEDSupply LEDs before. After the 3rd issue I stopped using them and went back to Luxeonstar. Pay a little more, but it's been perfect every time. Mitigate the cost by getting multiple, save on shipping ;)

That said, this is the same green Shameem uses in his Ahsoka/Ka'Tano builds if you want video of it. I've used it in a couple and it's my favorite green combo.
That's a shame, I have not had a issue yet, hopefully I won't, I already ordered a Lime/green/White and Lime/Green/deep red last night, hopefully will not have issue this time either. Maybe I'll give the other place a try next time I need a led made.

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 1 week 6 days ago #88629

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
Hey Vech that’s a good idea of getting both led’s, one with white flash and one with red!

:P

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 1 week 6 days ago #88634

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
BoostinIX wrote:

Actually the price isn’t that bad for Luxoenstar....i priced one out and it was only $24. Kinda got confused when picking out the colors though...you could pick different levels of lumens (at least that’s what i think it was), but the higher the number means more bright right?....my knowledge of led’s isn’t that extensive, lol

Lime & Green Tri Cree LED 1 week 6 days ago #88664

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
More Lumens mean brighter light, yes 24 dollars isn’t bad, but based in Canada so have to pay shipping too, LED supply is free shipping, I’m hoping I never experience a problem with them.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SF experience (13 Posts)
    • I've ordered 4 sabers over the past year. Only one of those four was returned for a full refund. the...
    • Rian's Trilogy and the In... (3 Posts)
    • Of course EU no longer exists. I'm by no means a fan of a lot of the EU stuff, and when the deal...
    • You must understand it's a dirty and dangerous job supplying both the light side and the dark side...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (9 Posts)
    • thank you A-C2H2 but I am able to get to the builder, just sayin they removed the link from the main...
    • Hmm... how to say this without getting in trouble.... Let's just say, I've been less than thrilled...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6826
  • Latest Member: jay.brow
  • Total Posts: 68.7k
  • Total Topics: 5787
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 33