Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How to best disimulate a hole in the hilt

How to best disimulate a hole in the hilt 2 months 6 days ago #84562

• Pascual
  • Thank you received: 1
I am changing a sound installation for a stunt one and therefore removing the charging port. What kind of plug or part could I use to fill in that hole the best possible to look like the normal vended aluminum?
thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

How to best disimulate a hole in the hilt 2 months 5 days ago #84620

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I don't know if there is a way to plug the hole that would make it look like the original aluminum tube. What you could do however is to simply put an unwired switch in. That's probably the easiest and quickest I can think of, and well under $10.

Or you could keep the recharge port in (unwired) and mod your own plug for it similar to what Topaces did here https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/saber-hilt-diy/14571-custom-sabercore-v3-kill-key-tutorial

There are also a few extremely low profile kill keys I've seen around the web, but unfortunately I don't have any links for those. Google foo!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

How to best disimulate a hole in the hilt 2 months 5 days ago #84621

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1051
Hi Pascual, Kirabi,

Not sure if you could make this work but maybe you could find a 12mm diameter coach bolt and cut the shaft down to plug the hole. The carriage bolt should have a smooth slightly domed head that you might be able to sand down and polish it to better match the hilt material. I was thinking of a bolt something like this made of aluminium:

And if the shaft thread doesn't continue to the head of the bolt you can use a washer to cinch/torque the nut tighter.
I think most hardware stores or online vendors should carry something similar to this bolt.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

For Tyeth

How to best disimulate a hole in the hilt 2 months 5 days ago #84622

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Go to ebay via this Fat Daddy Vape
It's a short switch so unwired, it won't interfere with anything, plus you can get different colors. I've bought brass, silver, and red ones to fill holes.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• "DIY" Star Wars... (105 Posts)
    • Sooooooo? :whistle:
    • Ordering on Saberforge (22 Posts)
    • There has got to be a prepaid Visa or Mastercard some where available to you. They are everywhere...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (87 Posts)
    • This is great to hear. Time to swap out Epoch emitter for Bane...
    • March Sale! (18 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: We need to tweak the banner text a bit, the freebies for $100 are a 4 piece set of the four new...
    • Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs N... (2 Posts)
    • The NEC fonts from Saber Fonts would be compatible, just needing to be renamed to the same standard...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6762
  • Latest Member: Errottabore90
  • Total Posts: 67.4k
  • Total Topics: 5704
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 44