Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Silver Knight.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10276

• Ahikari
  • Thank you received: 7
Alright, so I ordered my champion edition SIlver Knight in 12W Mint green with a 32 inch blade, throught Etsy at the end of February and it just arrived today! :cheer:
I recharged it until the light on the carger turned green, so what you see in this review is a fully charged Silver Knight saber.

First I'd like to say that I'm from Croatia and I was honestly a bit worried about how much the post office would charge for the customs, taxes etc.
Turns out they did charge a small fortune, approximately a bit over $100. So I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering another one anytime soon. Same goes for the warranty option, since if anything was seriously wrong with the saber it would basically cost me a whole new saber just to pay for the shipping and all of that. So, I'm set. Bottom line it came, I got it and it's awesome! B)
Did come with a few issues, but nothing serious...

Let's start with the "bad" things so we can get to the good stuff ;)

First the switch. It's sort of crooked in a sense that it looks like it's falling inito the saber's body.. It's solid but it does seem to bend to the inside when pressed, like it's being held by something plastic underneath. Good thing about this is that it's harder to press the button accidentaly while spinning etc., but it does kinda ruin the smooth solid look of the whole saber. Behold:

The other thing was the rubberish black ring at the top of the saber - it broke off. Actually it was broken when I unpacked the saber, it was just laying there. At first I wondered where it came from, but then I noticed where it should be from the official SF photos. It's not a big deal AT ALL, I bed I could find a similar looking rubber ring in some hardware stores, BUT I didn't expect it to be rubber. It looked like a metal part of the saber, not something that was just stretched in place to fit. Here you can see the groove where it used to be:

Third, and final, "bad" thing, which isn't really bad but this is a long review so I'll mention it... is the blade plug. I asked for the silver and black blade plug, but got all-silver one. Not a huge thing, I know, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Everything else is just as ordered!

Now, to the good stuff!

Saber feels amazing in the hand. It is my first saber EVER and I was surprised how solid it is, a bit thicker than it seemed in the photos though, but perfect to hold. No sharp edges whatsoever, and even the tip itself looks sharp and it is pionty, but there's no way you could cut yourself on it. All the edges are perfect, not too sharp and no metal residue of any kind.

I asked for the red LED in the switch (as you could see above) and no covertech knob, just the d-ring (which is also removable - just unscrew it).
Main LED is a 12W Mint green which is SUPER bright... you can see that all the photos were taken in a room with two large windows, around noon, with the sun shining right in - and the saber still shines like crazy!

As far as the Mint green goes.. to be honest, it looks more like mint blue in person. It might just be the daylight interfering but it really looks more like light blue with a very slight hint of green, rather than the opposite. Still stunning!

Here's the LED light on the floor, with the blade plug inserted. Notice how the green LED light is visible, but somehow the blue one dominates through the blade.
Same lit-up room and still it shines like crazy! Really impressed by the brightness of this thing.

Here it is right next to an open window and the sunshine. It does, of course, dim a bit towards the tip of the blade (sunshine beats it, who knew!?) but still it's really really bright.

The tip is fully illuminated, though it changes a bit, depending on the viewing angle.

All in all, crooked switch and a broken rubber band aside - I'm extremely pleased and happy with my saber.
And, if it weren't for those pesky post office customs, I'd probably order another one a lot sooner. But hey, it was still worth it.
Big thank you to Saberforge for listening to my (almost) every request regarding this saber and making this guy's childhood dream a reality. And by that I mean owning my very own lightsaber! :silly:

Oh, and thank you (yes, you) for taking your time to read all of this, I know it's long but I'm just full of impressions, and where else to share all of it but right here!
Any questions, comments etc feel free to reply to this topic and I'll try my best to answer them as soon as I can.
:cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi, h2soy, Mournblade

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10298

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
A solid review, and valid complaints about what was not quite right.

It looked almost like the hole for the AV switch was just a little too big, and the switch fell through. That may not be accurate in reality, but that is what it looked like from the picture. I knew that there was a rubber "O" ring used on this model, but I don't know why it would have broken, except that perhaps in the freight compartment of the plane it might have gotten a little cold, which has the effect of making rubberized things kind of brittle. The blade plug was a minor oversight, but a mistake none the less. If you were to e-mail them, and let them know that the wrong one was included, they might be inclined to just ship the correct one without even asking for the incorrect one in return. That is a guess based on similar issues with incorrectly sized blades shipped with sabers. Typically, when made aware of the issue, they make up for the error by sending out the correct one, and letting the customer keep the incorrect one as well. Your mileage may vary, but it is worth asking.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ahikari

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10339

• Liodra
  • Thank you received: 2
Nice review!
I'm shocked by the customs charges! SF did not write 50$ on the box?
I'm a little afraid for my incoming charges, the country I live in is a big thief for those things... (a friend was charged 199$ customs for a 350$ object)
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Liodra. Reason: ortograph

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10342

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Beautiful saber! I think you may have gotten a little lucky with the slightly sunken switch; I hit mine by accident constantly lol. (Just a little humor on the silver lining... hopefully!)

Also, you guys make me terribly grateful I don't have to deal with customs. Sounds like a real pain!

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10346

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Good review.
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10363

• Jedi*Princess
  • Thank you received: 2
do you mind sharing the dimensions of the saber? and btw great review

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10899

• Ahikari
Thanks for the comments guys!
Yeah the switch doesn't bother me and it doesn't move anywhere. I do press it accidentally sometimes, but it's very rare :P

I might send them a message about the blade plug, but it's really not that much of an issue, Kind of grown fond of the all-silver one already :)

As far as the shipping charges go, yeah SF did write something between $25 and $50, but still I've received a letter from the post office requesting to send them some proof of purchase, online confirmation, PayPal receipt and those kind of things. They wouldn't send the package to me until I sent them one through e-mail, and I couldn't really fake those, nor would I want to.
Taxes here are roughly 25% of the package value + handling charges and what ever they can think of at the moment lol
Another issue here was that the main post office which handles all import-export business is in the main city, Zagreb, while I'm in a city which is about 300 km away from it. I would have gone there myself and try to explain that "it's just a toy", "just an led lamp with a pvc pipe.. nothing expensive", that sort of thing (which I did in my own town, before they changed it so that everything goes through Zagreb), but since it's far away, the trip there itself would have cost me extra.
So, I just sent them an online order confirmation from Etsy and they sent the package. Luckily I was home the next day, since they didn't even let me know they accepted the "receipt", when to expect the package, or how much it would cost me (even though I asked them to).
Anyway, disappointed with my local post office, but so very pleased with the saber! :side:

Dimensions (in centimeters) are 31.8 (without the d-ring at the bottom, which adds another 1 cm) and 3.7 width at the longest/widest points, not counting the "switch" and the kill key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blorb

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #10909

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 287
Hello my friend,

Kako si?

Great review and too bad to hear about the small issues.
I have Croatian background but have lived in Canada almost my whole life except for being born there.
I haven't returned for a visit in MANY years, but my parents were just there for a month and only returned the other day from visiting family.
I hear many stories of corruption from there, interesting to see it's even at the post office.
I hope you're enjoying your new lightsaber :-)

Ciao

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #11362

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
I think I know what my second saber will be if I work up the money before my birthday! Thank you for the review! That saber looks awesome!
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 1 month ago #11363

• Brax
  • Administrator
Yup..Silver Knight = Saber Sweetness

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 3 weeks ago #12317

• Ahikari
Alright, a small update..
I bought a few black rubber O-rings from ebay (36mm x 30mm x 3.1mm) which happen to fit perfectly!

A pic of one in it's original place (plus one at the bottom of the hilt, just put it there to see how it looks, but not gonna keep it there):

Aaand some "modificatins" I did, since there were 10 peaces of rubber rings, I thought I'd try something, and I think it turned out great :side: :

Exactly 9 fit into the indented part of the hilt, and they provide a pretty nice rubbery grip, so I'm keeping them there, for now :)
Closer look:

That's all for now, will post more updates if they happen! :cheer:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Ahikari.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfarandals

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 2 years 3 weeks ago #12318

• Brax
  • Administrator
I like that! Even if it was not covered in "o" rings, that section being black just adds something to an already outstanding saber!

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 1 year 11 months ago #14958

• Vance Nightblade
  • Leader of The League of Jedi Shadows
Nice Review on this Saber, another one to add to my list of Sabers to add to my collection.
Once a Jedi Knight. Always a Jedi Knight!

MySilver Knight just arrived! Review with pictures 1 year 8 months ago #20647

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
I'm afraid to see that for every review I read about a saber which did not exactly appeal to me, I suddenly have the urge to buy one like that ...

Sorry to hear about the corruption in Croatia, must suck! But you've got your very own saber and that's no small feat!
Hope you're enjoying it! :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119