Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Vengeance.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC)

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 9 hours ago #64659

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
So, this one has been a crazy journey. Not a long one by any stretch (sympathies go out to Ovrc for that nearly 29 week wait) but crazy nontheless. Despite it being a second hand saber, and I knew the wait would be short as saber waits go, this one I was incredibly impatient for.

Quick little backstory, I've visited the SaberForge site and Etsy shop a few times throughout the years, and one time I came was whenever the Vengeance limited run was going on. Of course, at the time, I had no money, and so had to miss out, hoping it would come to the main site in the future. Obviously, such an event did not occur, and when I came to order my first sabers, the Vengeance was unavailable to me. So imagine my happiness when I found you could purchase it through ASP when it came out, I could still eventually get the saber I liked so much.

However, my luck decided that someone was willing to sell their original run version, and I knew I had to buy it, since I will likely not see another sale of one for a long time (if ever) So, I made the transaction. Both my Guardians had taken around 2 weeks to get to me here in the UK, so when it was ticking over to three weeks I was admittedly a little worried, even though I knew this was in the bounds of reasonable time. However, despite the Guardians being amazing deliveries, this one was extra special, and so the amount of worry and lack of patience rose far higher than the rest.

Still, after three weeks exactly, it came through to me. Certainly a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, as I was expecting a preceeding customs letter, or as I like to call it, a letter of legal robbery. Still, in came this delivery out of the blue, and my excitement over the saber coupled with my excitement over saving around £120 in customs charges were uncontainable. So, without further ado, here is the Vengeance:

So a few notes, and expansions for the written review:

In terms of use as a dueling saber, this is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I mentioned in my first Guardian review that it was thinner and smaller than I expected, and this was no different. Despite having more protrusions than the Guardian it is still very comfortable to hold, and is far thinner than expected. There is again a nice choke point at the top for use in spins, and can comfortably be used one or two handed.

In terms of the Amber colour, obtaining this saber has shown me two things
1) The Amber is a surprising colour. I expected one of two things for it, it would either be very orange, or be very yellow. In fact, it is neither, but a very nice mixture. The best way to describe it would be orange with a small bit of yellow mixed in, as it neither reaches the deep brightness of orange, nor the powerful brilliance of yellow, but achieves a nice balance that really suits the saber

2) I made the right decision for the Templar colour I picked, after the opinion gathering thread I posted on it a while back. I am confident I was right in my assertion that Amber would be too dark for the way I imagined the hilt, and although it still remains to be seen if Yellow was the right choice, I'm happy I went against the general consensus with that decision.

Now, back to the review subject. The windows on the emitter are glorious, not too garish (as I personally consider the new Epoch) but nor too understated. In addition to looking nice, the windows serve to add further detail to the hilt that I feel would look lacklustre without them.

Finally, the quick connects. While I have had no chance to use them, as I own no other QC LEDs as yet, I will in the future be posting some form of thread showing the hilt with different colours.

And now, for the bit I know many of you find the most fun bit of a review, the pictures:

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, hugomontoya

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 9 hours ago #64660

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, hugomontoya

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 8 hours ago #64667

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Mate, Congratulations with (Finally) successful delivery of a solidly awesome Saber. As expansive as ones Collection may grow, unless a Vengeance is included in the mix, it may never seem fulfilled. You Sir, have my deepest envy with opportunity granting such a welcome addition to you Collection. Well Done and Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and glorious Hilt. Now.. just to get my own hands on one. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheGrandAdmiral

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 8 hours ago #64669

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Mate, Congratulations with (Finally) successful delivery of a solidly awesome Saber. As expansive as ones Collection may grow, unless a Vengeance is included in the mix, it may never seem fulfilled. You Sir, have my deepest envy with opportunity granting such a welcome addition to you Collection. Well Done and Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and glorious Hilt. Now.. just to get my own hands on one. :P

Haha, thanks Ovrc. Good luck finding your own, although I'm sure we both know holding out hope for that one might be a little futile :( Then again, perhaps one will turn up available sooner than we think, who can tell when someone will need money?

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 8 hours ago #64672

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Haha, thanks Ovrc. Good luck finding your own, although I'm sure we both know holding out hope for that one might be a little futile :( Then again, perhaps one will turn up available sooner than we think, who can tell when someone will need money?
:lol: I experienced premature excitement when I saw that Sale Post but then became immediately deflated because I don't subscribe and well.. couldn't PM the Seller. It may well simply be false optimism (or another demonstration of stupidity on my part) but I remain hopeful that SF will see it's return 'One Day' to either Main Site or Etsy and who knows with (I guess) a US Autumn & Winter coming, maybe, just maybe a New Promotion as well. :lol:

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 11 months 8 hours ago #64673

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: I experienced premature excitement when I saw that Sale Post but then became immediately deflated because I don't subscribe and well.. couldn't PM the Seller. It may well simply be false optimism (or another demonstration of stupidity on my part) but I remain hopeful that SF will see it's return 'One Day' to either Main Site or Etsy and who knows with (I guess) a US Autumn & Winter coming, maybe, just maybe a New Promotion as well. :lol:

:lol: To be honest, if I hadn't had a facebook account, I doubt much would have made me make one faster than to get a Vengeance in my collection. Still, one can but hope to obtain one in the future. I think at some point I do want another, although currently will end up being an ASP version, as in my mind it would make a good light side/dark side paired saber set, with the other saber being a weathered or black version.

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64701

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 519
Good review, there are not many Vengeance reviews that I found "comprehensive". Amber looks perfect for it!
"I am the Senate"

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64702

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Execute66 wrote:
Good review, there are not many Vengeance reviews that I found "comprehensive". Amber looks perfect for it!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :D

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64724

• hugomontoya
  • Thank you received: 8
Great Review TGA and thanks for sharing the pics and video.
This amber color reminds me of those type of oranges you see at the grocery store. People think they may not be ripe as it is a color somewhere between orange and yellow but when you try it, it is sweet and delicious. Kudos for choosing this color and sharing your happiness of it with us.

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64733

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Glad you liked it. The comparison to the fruit is pretty accurate actually haha.

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64753

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I think this is the first the first time I've seen a Vengeance review. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and backstory on this. Wow, it is impressive. Congratulations on your now rare saber!

You're right about the Amber. It's a hard color to explain. It's not orange or yellow. That is the best way I have ever heard it put.

Great job and thank you!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64823

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
No problem, glad you enjoed the review :)

Yeah it's a real hard colour to pin down lol, its just... amber. Whatever damn colour it is, it suits the Vengeance well, so who really cares :P

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64828

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
That looks pretty slick!

if people ask what the amber looks like, to me it looks like the colour of the Yield light in your traffic lights. That's the most accurate way I've managed to explain it. I just hope that explanation works in most countries!

12W+ Amber Vengeance (w/ QC) 10 months 4 weeks ago #64829

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Lol despite the traffic light here being red, AMBER, and green, I never thought even slightly to describe it as that. And yeah, it does look very slick indeed :D
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Sentinel &... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Yep that's right, I meant the regular cylinder polycarbonate blades. :cheer: I also ordered a...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (7 Posts)
    • Yep that's right, I meant the regular cylinder polycarbonate blades. :cheer: I also ordered a...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2401 Posts)
    • Hey there, I'm gruntbeard, a saber enthusiast from the netherlands. I'm 26 years old and a great...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5317
  • Latest Member: Michaelnew
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 11