Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Builder Problem Registering Length

ASP Builder Problem Registering Length 3 months 5 days ago #43767

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 346
So after seeing the first ASP hilt arrive in the hands of its owner, I got curious about how long the hilts I had designed would be relative to being comfortable for two or one handed grip, and started going through them to check about how much of each hilt would be comfortable to hold. A few of my designs, it seems, had "saved" with the blade plug installed instead of the blade, but I noticed that in these cases, the length displayed for the saber is still the length with a blade rather than with the plug. In order to have it display the length accurately, I had to switch to a blade and then remove the blade. Not obtrusive or anything, but I figured it wasn't intentional.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Borommakot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Builder Problem Registering Length 2 months 2 weeks ago #47006

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
I noticed that problem as well. It would be nice to be able to keep track of the lenght of the hilt alone even if you add a blade.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

ASP Builder Problem Registering Length 2 months 2 weeks ago #47010

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 634
Hi all,

You will also find that if you flip certain parts and save your design when you reload it the builder doesn't save the orientation of your selected parts meaning you have to flip them again. Another bone of contention is the "forced" order in which parts are laid out. To get certain configurations you need to delete parts, insert the piece you want then replace the parts you had to delete.

But there are work arounds Borommakot, and I think you are coping fine with the builder!

For Tyeth

ASP Builder Problem Registering Length 2 months 2 weeks ago #47013

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 80
The length issue will probably come from the additional switch sections. Most of the sabers now have the switches built into the bodies (i.e. the Exhalted) which saves length. Most of the sabers I was building were between 14-16.'' I'm guessing once the ASP goes live, one could request the switch be placed into the body. This is probably a This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. question but I won't bother asking until the ASP site is up.
- Light em up

ASP Builder Problem Registering Length 2 months 2 weeks ago #47017

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 634
Hi Andi-Jae EL,

I probably make things more difficult as I add emitters as pommels so that wouldn't help, but does make for a different looking saber!

kind regards,

For Tyeth
(Mad Designer)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Update: KS 2/3 Comple... (190 Posts)
    • I was hoping to get my saber in time for Comicpalooza on the 18th. There's still a possibility but...
    • Warrior Oracle 12W Amber (23 Posts)
    • interesting that they gave it to some but not all. They didnt give me quick connects and im waiting...
    • Kylo Ren Scratchbuild (32 Posts)
    • Quote: A new "ultimate" collectors Star Wars line launched recently, and I have to say your hilt looks just...
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (1698 Posts)
    • Quote: And just pulled the trigger on the gift certificate. I'll use it and the extra $20 on either an...
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (1698 Posts)
    • And just pulled the trigger on the gift certificate. I'll use it and the extra $20 on either an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4234
  • Latest Member: cpted
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3124
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 101
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 76