Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59248

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Over in the Custom Lightsaber Owners Facebook group, Thomas Snyder had some new info about curved ASP parts (including a new render), as well as the current fate of the Count and Ventress designs.

And here's the render a bit bigger:

2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, Darth Tabarnak aka MrBond

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59249

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 575
Might get me to pick up a curved hilt.

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59251

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I want to pick up at least one curved hilt that's lightsidey, the Vanquish and Bane are definitely eeeeeeeveel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solinbeb, Borommakot

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59256

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
h2soy wrote:
the Vanquish and Bane are definitely eeeeeeeveel.

I wonder how soon after ASP launches the curved parts will be available.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59258

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 192
"Most of the inspired by cannon sabers have been put on hold in favor of original designs"----Dang! I was really hoping for the Count or better yet, a Vader saber....

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59282

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 305
I agree with DK44.
No one at this time is making those two sabers and people love canon hilts.
I'd make the Count and Ventress asap and clean up on a market where no one else currently has them.
I have the same opinion of the Ahsoka's hilt from Rebels.
All 3 models would sell many and quickly at that, in my humble opinion.

Funny enough with this whole ASP thing. I believe it may have been an inquiry I made last year to SF, between February and May, if their parts were interchangeable so that I can custom build a saber out of their parts but with my ideas. So I sent a bunch of scenarios such as "this emitter, with this switch and this body and pommel." They said 'No because of different threads and just some parts didn't connect to others based on joining section widths and male/female threads.' But the odd/rare part can be switched out. Then a few months later, a kickstarter campaign begins lol. But it's a solid idea, it's what I even said in my original email to them how I thought people would love to "design" or build their "own" saber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TalMeta

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59288

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
NeBosa wrote:
I'd make the Count and Ventress asap and clean up on a market where no one else currently has them.

Epecially since Korbanth's Dooku hilt, if I may go out on limb and say, is one of the most sought after hilts in custom lightsaber community; you'd have more luck finding an actual functioning lightsaber than somebody willing to part with theirs. Plus Solo's Hold's Ventress hilt was not only an extremely limited run, but uber-expensive and still came unfinished.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59292

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
No doubt.
I tried to trade my Sidious when it was empty to a guy for his empty Duke and he wouldn't do it.

That SH Force Witch empty is super expensive (out of my price range that's for sure). But the time and skill that is required to make it turn over into man hours and labour to create, and in the end it justifies the cost. Especially as they're not a mass made part produced in china and assembled in america saber.

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59305

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
I didn't mean to say it wasn't worth it (never had one of their hilts, so I can can't comment on it), but more along the lines of being a more affordable option for all the Nightsisters (and brothers) out there.

I will say from the finished versions I've seen I liked how they mange to make the activation switches as inconspicuous as possible. Having the noticeable AV switches on canon hilts bugs me slightly.

It does seem that SF's focus is on getting as many of their hilts ASP compatible as possible. The Count might work with their new curved hilt assembly style without breaking it up too much, but the Ventress one might be more difficult, since it isn't circular but more of a rounded rectangle.

In any case, I hope they do revisit these designs at some point, along with the Rebel Ahsoka ones, even if they aren't fully ASP compatible.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59362

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Oh I definitely do not disagree with you. I was only stating why they were so expensive. I dont own any Solo's Hold sabers either but they seem to be fabricated really well and screen accurate.

I'd love to have a Count Dooku and Ventress saber kn my collection as well but prefer a more cost effective route. So I really don't mind the mass production style of SF as I really do like their products.

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59369

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 766
As for the hold on canon hilts - that might have to do with Korbanth/Parks knocking out lots of accurate hilts, and TCSS stating they'd be stocking the new Parks hilts from here on out.

There're Vader MPP and Graflex kits out this summer, along with Obi-Wan Prequel and ANH hilts at the same time, a revised Dooku's planned to make a return at the end of the year, etc.

Rather than trying to compete with these relatively affordable, super-accurate hilts, SF's ASP system can focus on filling the niche of easy-to-assemble custom saber parts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59370

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
There're Vader MPP and Graflex kits out this summer, along with Obi-Wan Prequel and ANH hilts at the same time, a revised Dooku's planned to make a return at the end of the year, etc.

Rather than trying to compete with these relatively affordable, super-accurate hilts, SF's ASP system can focus on filling the niche of easy-to-assemble custom saber parts.
My personal preferences run towards getting hilts that are more robust than a near accurate screen replica. I've thought about getting a Graflex 2.0 kit sooooo many times but the thought of scratching it up holds me back. I rather get an easy to fix and sturdy ASP Graflex which is a reasonable facsimile. Heresy, I know. :whistle:

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59372

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 206
I'd get an ASP Graflex if I was going to use it heavily. The 2.0 Kit is a thing of beauty...and this from someone that isn't that fond of it lol. Feels as real as any saber I've held so far.

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59373

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
I've thought about getting a Graflex 2.0 kit sooooo many times but the thought of scratching it up holds me back.

That's why I choose to do a TFA setup; I could say that they scratches belonged on it. :lol:

I did hear that TCSS is screening their batches of 2.0s for scratches and dings, and will be selling ones with too much of them at discount. Which is nice, because mine arrived with a sizeable ding on the inside of the emitter and some scratches.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jaden Korr.

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 1 year 9 months ago #59378

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Since TCSS and SH have been mentioned I guess it's ok?
VV is doing an Ashoka Rebels run. Supposedly in Aug or Sept
H2soy as far as SF being more durable than Korbanth?? Just the Graflex or MPP maybe, thin necks??? Hell no. All these products have a place. The SF Graflex has metal/low profile T grips and is regarded to be way better to duel with comfort wise. Though SF thin necks have some real issues for dueling
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 2 months 1 week ago #84911

• keremcan
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Jaden Korr wrote:
Over in the Custom Lightsaber Owners Facebook group, Thomas Snyder had some new info about curved ASP parts (including a new render), as well as the current fate of the Count and Ventress designs.

And here's the render a bit bigger:

Sweet! :)
BANE mk2, Champion, Black/chrome, Deep red
ARBITER, Champion, Weathered, Blood orange
ERIS, Warrior, Dual tone, Indigo

Curved ASP parts info from Thomas Snyder 2 months 1 week ago #84921

• Ser Arcturis
  • Elite Member
  • Occupation? No, just visiting.
  • Thank you received: 34
So, is the count a limited edition and I should be fast to grab one or isn't/will it return after being sold out?

But the new parts will be awesome nonetheless
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112