Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help with first double saber

Help with first double saber 2 months 2 hours ago #85304

• Arual
Hi everyone !
I'd like to make sure that i have everything i need to build my double saber with the following list
  • Coupler Staff Very Short (x1)
  • V4 Infinity Blade 32" (x2)
  • Avenger Emitter (x2)
  • 09 Switch (x2)
  • Dissident body (x2)
  • Plug And Play Hero Sound Kit (x2)
  • Pommel (2 hilts use / transport) (x2)

I also have question about the electronics,
  • I was wandering if a double blade saber needed two sound device or if one is enough (better ?) I'm afraid that the clash sound / weaving sound (with 2 devices) will make to much noise and create an unpleasant effect... But if i have only one will i have sound when i turn on the second blade ?

• I was willing to take the plug and play hero sound kit which allows to change the blade color, i'm pretty sure i need two kit (one per blade) but does any other electronic allows this color switch ? If i need only one sound device i'm not sure that i want to spend the hero price on the second hilt just for the blade color...

I'm looking forward for your answers :lol:
Thanks a lot !!!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85332

• GM_Satele_Shan
  • Thank you received: 9
I think one hero set up would suit fine if you are worry about sound. However if you wanted to change the color on both blades you would need 2 hero kits( correct me if I am wrong.) I have both legacy grand master staff in hero and it is Fantastic and I have no issues at all. With both combine the sound sync very well.

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85336

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 117
If you want the ability to change led color you will need 2 hero kits and that way when and if you separate the 2 hilts to dual wield both will have sound
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85342

• Shai Kah
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 77
I would also add 2 blade plugs as well so you can have them In when you are transporting them and for display without the blades

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85348

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
The downside to 2 hero kits in a staff...
1)the sound. One saber could be muted while in staff configuration so sound is not overdone.
2)the colors. With all the extra twisting because of the staff, you may be changing colors without trying.
My thought, if you're going to go for a staff, go dual champion and mute one saber or make one saber warrior tier. I made a short staff from 2 short ASP warrior tiers and joined them with a Resilient switch.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85366

• Arual
Your last answer makes me wonder how the switching colour is working with the hero kit ?
The color can change by twisting the staff ? Or do u mean i just risk to click the button by accident ?

I'm not very competent in electronic but i tried to find more information about the Spark Color 2 and it seems that it is possible to wire 2 LED on the same card ? Does anyone know more about this ? I'm afraid that the LED will be less brighter by doing so ?

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85370

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 97
With the hero kit, changing blade color is done with a quick flick or roll of your wrist. I would think that in a staff configuration with all the twists and turns of spinning, it would be easier to randomly change the color.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85371

• Arual
wamphyri13 wrote:
With the hero kit, changing blade color is done with a quick flick or roll of your wrist. I would think that in a staff configuration with all the twists and turns of spinning, it would be easier to randomly change the color.

Oh yes that might be a problem... ^^
I'm beginning to think that i'll go with a champion or veteran + warrior, and maybe add extra LED to change the blade color time to time... I might save some money YEAH ! ^^

I just saw the Champion plug n play is only on pre-order, what does it mean exactly ? They are still under development ? Or it's just that they only make it on demand and it adds an extra delay on the order ?

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85372

• Arual
Shai Kah wrote:
I would also add 2 blade plugs as well so you can have them In when you are transporting them and for display without the blades

There can be a problem if I transport my hilts without blade or blade plug ? (just curious i'll probably add some to my order)

I saw that blade plugs can have different length how do i choose one ?

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85375

• Arual
GM_Satele_Shan wrote:
I think one hero set up would suit fine if you are worry about sound. However if you wanted to change the color on both blades you would need 2 hero kits( correct me if I am wrong.) I have both legacy grand master staff in hero and it is Fantastic and I have no issues at all. With both combine the sound sync very well.

Hey i just remember you said you have the hero legacy staff ! Did you ever experience that kind of trouble with the light switching randomly while spinning the saber around ?

I forgot to ask in my previous answer but maybe i can de activate that motion trigger on the light ? And prevent a random change to happen ^^
Any option to trigger the light only while pushing the switch ? (Switch + wrist flick maybe ? Or smthing like that ?)

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85382

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 511
To note: In the settings of the Config Editor program you can set the "color change on twist" to require you to press the AUX button at the same time. This prevents any accidental color changes from occurring.

It is possible to wire two LEDs to the Spark Color 2, but that is not a service that SF provides outside of crossguard installs (which use 3). That would be in the realm of DIY, and going that route you'd probably be better served by the less expensive Spark 2 (or the Nano Biscotte from Plecter Labs) for a staff than doing two Spark Colors.

The Hero kit even in a single saber is rather expensive, and doubly so for a staff. I would recommend going the route of Veteran or Champion and simply getting Quick Connect LEDs in different colors.

The Champion kit being on pre-order means that they have none in stock and you can place your order now for when they come back. Basically cuts out the "check the site every few days to see if they're available" part.

Blade plugs are so you don't blind people with the sabers when you don't have a blade in. You can transport with or without them. If you put in your order notes that the plug is for whatever saber/emitter you're getting, they'll make sure you get the correct length.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arual

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85386

• Arual
Great thank you ! I've been digging a lot since the beginning of my topic and I'm beginning to think that the DIY solution isn't that hard... It's just a big puzzle and a few wires...
I will continue to look into it ! Trying to make sure the puzzle isn't too BIG for me before i do something stupid... :p (yes i'm a 100% newbie on electronic...)

I'm afraid you might here from me soon with new questions :P For now i'll continue to study the Spark 2 datasheet !

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85442

• GM_Satele_Shan
  • Thank you received: 9
I had a friend who is a martial artist and he was spinning my staff 100 spins in 1:50 seconds and doing major orbits with them and no issues with the light changing at all!

Help with first double saber 1 month 3 weeks ago #85466

• Arual
Okay so I'm going the DIY way, and I was a bit worried about the size of some parts...
I'm planning to use the Spark 2 with the NECree RGB LED from naigon's electronic creation, but there is no indication about the size of the LED.

Do you know if they will fit in the saber forge heatsink module ?
Maybe the size of the heatsink module ? (inner and outter ?)
Is there some kind of standard in the saber creation world (any LED with any HeantSink with any emitter or something like that ?)

This is the last point that makes me afraid, will the electronic (especially the LED part) fit into the hilts ? Cause there are very few information about the dimension of the hilts parts...

I'm also curious about saberforge speakers, do you know the reference / the ID of the speaker they sell ? Or is it specific to SF ?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112